As many of you know Star Legends requires a lot of grinding especially for getting that fancy level cap vanities. Now what if we were to increase the speed we gained exp ? So we get more exp for the same speed we put in . You can calculate the best way by the following formula
EXP Gain /( 60 x The time you spent (Hours) )
Volleria : Inner Core
2240 EXP /( 60 x 3 Hours) = Approx 12 EXP / Min
Now What you want to do is Get your X exp /Min as high as you can get. To do this we go onto our next phase , How should we "run" the map
Remakes Vs Full
A lot of new players who join any run im hosting ask me , Why do we remake before completing the entire map ?
In Short , walking between from one mob to the other or opening doors ( Which we all Know SL maps are pretty complex ) wastes time. Precious time that could be spent gaining xp. Remember we want our EXP/Min as high as we can get. As Mundane remake runs can get , it is necessary if we want to level up as fast as we can.
Team Dynamics - The most crucial aspect of gaining Exp efficiantly
I can not stress how important it is to work as a team . An Operative who singles out tough mobs , A Commando who keeps Agro and an Engineer that makes sure the team members health are relatively full. This combination is just magic and makes things run so much smoother.
Typical Formations. (front to rear)
Com - Com - Engi -OP-OP - This formation is pretty safe as most the agro would be shared between the two COMs
Com - OP- Engi - OP - OP - My favorite as this formation does a lot of damage but thus a tougher job for the Com to keep agro on him/her. Definitely recommended if you have a skilled Com.
The above formations have been proven countlessly to work time in and time again. You may ask . The Operative does the most damage , would not a full team of operatives be the most effective ? On Paper yes but a full team of OP is going to be knocked around silly , especially in tougher maps like Volleria and inevitably fail.
How To Play Each Class
When your in a team , each and every one has their own role to play thus determining its success. If one person does not do his/her job to support the team the entire foundation will crumble. To be an effective team member , know your class like the back of your hand.
The most damaging class of them all as well as the most squishy. Sadly OPs arent given the credit they deserve. An OP although may not seem like an important aspect of a team but they ARE ! A team with a skilled OP can go through mobs that much faster than with out an OP. A few tips i can give for this class would be to :
- Pick a build that works for you. Keep in mind as an OP your main goal is to dish out as much damage you can do , stick with skilled which do a lot of damage.
- Try and single out tough mobs , examples the green heads in Shipyard or the purples / snipers in Volleria.
- As for gear chose what works best for you , i personally prefer duals but a pistol + Shield works fine too. ( stay away from rifles )
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...hilated)-build! - Ebalere
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...quipment-Guide - Phsiologic
The tanks of star legend. The Com has a very important role placed upon them , to effectively steal and hold agro from the other team members. A skilled com lets the other classes play their role with our worrying about their health , thus making the team ease through mobs. A few tips i can give for this class is:
- Pick a build that has a lot of taunts/ Crowd control skills in them. These will help keep agro on you and not the OP
- Try not to be a " scatter com" ( Throw mobs all over the map ), instead push them against a wall so the other classes dont have to move as much for mobs.
- For the weapon i would recommend Cannon ( Great AoE ) or Pistol + Shield ( better to tank more hp) personally i prefer cannons.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...d-Control-Tank - Reggin
The holy grail to any team. Engineers are in charge of dishing out their buffs and DOts , which i cant stress how important the buffs of this class is. Countless times i have come across and ENG who does not make use of empathy. Not only is empathy cost effective it is also makes doing runs so much more efficient ( your ultimate goal ) I personally when i play my COM or OP am so thankful when i have an ENG who consistently keeps me on empathy . I am able to play my role so much better with out the fear of loosing to much HP or dying. A few tips i can give are :
- Always , Always make sure the team members are constantly buffed with empathy.
- Most people try to spam skills , this causes you to get a lot of agro which will usually cause you to die thus putting the rest of the team in risk. Instead use skills such a transference and decay once the com has agro.
- As an ENG you should try and keep every member on empathy , however unlike protection its range is limited. I personally constantly keep moving back and forth making sure every one has the buffs on them. A good com will be a head of the group gathering agro on another mob. Buff them up before they engage new mob and after. Ops should be kept buff'd constantly.
- Gear is once again optional some people prefer Gauntlets and others prefer Pistol + Shield . Pick according to your play style and strength of your team.
Once you master the above , you will enjoy grinding xp alot more.
To conclude the guide , practice makes perfect. The reason i decided to post this guide as i just got back to SL and decided to finally get off my bum and get that vanity. However i ran into trouble finding people who knew how to play their class. Hopefully this guide helps out new players a bit on becoming a better team member. See you in game (: