Thread: am i realllly the first one to notice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default am i realllly the first one to notice

that skill damage was nerfed with the level cap change o.O

i dont have pro sourced proof, and i may be completely wrong but.......

at level 25, with 100 Damage, the Fatal Burst TT says 104-108 damage at tier one, 155-159 at tier two, and most likely is around 180-200 for tier 3 though im not completely sure about that atm. iirc, 1 damage = 1 skill damage which is all fine and dandy, when you take off damage skill tt goes down, put more damage tt goes up etc.

now if i remember correctly (note i dont have any screenshots for any proof and am only saying this off memory) my Fatal burst at tier two TT at ~180 skill damage, while my damage stat was only at 58

i went through my pvp guide to see if i had put any skill damage numbers in there but sadly i did not (( THOUGH i did mention that with the build i was presenting (at 58 stat damage) a tier 3 Fatal burst would reach 200 TT damage.

If this is correct, then that is a huge nerf, and future pvp and pve builds may need heavy re-working to stay competitive/productive.

(note: its not just Fatal burst, it seems that everything other than Fire Aura/Leap/Vermin Swarm has been adjusted)

What are you guyses thoughts on this?
    If i am wrong, please submit valid proof (SS/video). No offense to anyone but Id believe my memory over word of mouth :|

that is all.

tldr; skill damage at 21 cap is basically = to skill damage at 26 cap.
    Last edited by between; 06-28-2012 at 08:42 PM.
    Rawriloveyou - 25 vamp <3 Between - 21 vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I haven't really pvped since the update so i dunno about FB but i did notice that my leap doesn't always kill the mobs i hit with, when before it was a 1 hit kill skill in pve except for bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Phys has all the stats from before the update in his guide here. I'm not sure what level he was at when he posted but I would guess 20/21 and my skill damage at 25 is much higher. I'm too tired to read through all of it tonight but skimming through quickly it looks like skill damage is ok to me. It may be the mobs have higher hp (but I didn't notice that while playing) or maybe that the gear at 25 has higher hp compared to the skill damage in pvp.
    SL: Staryknight 41 * Stary 41 * Starynite 40
    DL: Stary 26
    PL: Ardinia 70 * Ardinie 30 * Ardinio 20

*******Heaven N Hells Assassins*******

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Staryknight View Post
    Phys has all the stats from before the update in his guide here. I'm not sure what level he was at when he posted but I would guess 20/21 and my skill damage at 25 is much higher. I'm too tired to read through all of it tonight but skimming through quickly it looks like skill damage is ok to me. It may be the mobs have higher hp (but I didn't notice that while playing) or maybe that the gear at 25 has higher hp compared to the skill damage in pvp.
    after reading that thread, and doing some math on my own i have figured out two things(note that i am not a mathematician, im just pointing out the inconsistencies between the information here and the information in game)

1. Between the time Physiologic's thread was made, and now, the base skill damage for all variable skills has been nerfed by ≥ 3 damage. (this may linked to the new purple gem with +3 damage)

and

2. It seems to me that 1 Damage ≠ +1 Skill damage, as was suggested in his thread. I feel that there is a more complex formula involved.

My speculations may be incorrect, I would like this information to be consulted by someone much much smarter than me. Please correct me if i am wrong.
    Last edited by between; 06-28-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    Rawriloveyou - 25 vamp <3 Between - 21 vamp

Lady_Pebbles

It would be nice to know. Now all we need is a PvP dev to come in here and tell us whats going on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by between View Post
    2. It seems to me that 1 Damage ≠ +1 Skill damage, as was suggested in his thread. I feel that there is a more complex formula involved.

My speculations may be incorrect, I would like this information to be consulted by someone much much smarter than me. Please correct me if i am wrong.
    that i noticed today, was playing with dmg and figured that 1 dmg point indeed ≠ 1 skill dmg, not sure of the exact number tho but sure it's lower than 1.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

At the time I created the guide, 1 damage did equal 1 skill damage. Most equations were pretty much extremely linear. I think changing their formulas around was very much needed though because most characters were already OP due to skill damage in any campaign map prior to the latest patch (I haven't had a chance to play it though). I'll be respecing and playing around with stats and skills to update my guide...or if someone would like to do it instead that'd be great =p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Seems very true and that's why even with 100 damage with gear leap is not killing mob. Thats what surprises me, but not sure if its similar for pvp as there kills are pretty fast.
    Enirea 25

Skills are definitely nerfed!