Thread: Capture the flag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default Capture the flag

I don't know about the rest of y'all but I love Capture the Flag. Not just in PL, but in real life as well even! It's gotta be my favorite aspect of this entire game. And I don't mean stupid Rockwall forts lol. I'm talking about all the BIG ctf maps.

So I have a question. I noticed that practically the only Level where ctf is played is at end game. Why is this? Is there anyone else out there who wishes that twinks would do ctf a lot as well?

Just thought I'd ask around and get some perspective.
    ~MM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Probably bbecause in lower levels you don't really do it for fun... like in endgame u ctf Cuz u have nothing to do.. like..
    Lolz well that's my reason on why I Ctf.

Thank You Aaroniero Arruruerie!
    Proud Member of Restoration

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ImHawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Because twinking is full of a bunch of nutheads who troll everyone. I'm not saying that everyone who twinks is like that, but the further down the levels you go, the more and more people you'll find who follow this tactic: Enter game - kill someone - troll them for dying - repeat.

Seriously you can't have a real CTF game with twinks for more than 10 minutes. Sure I've had some great twinking CTFs, but I'm really liking endgame CTF.

I think the problem is, is that in twinking there's usually one class that's OP, ex: 10-17- bear, 23-26- mage, 30-35- mage
    A successful CTF team imo requires a tank and a dmg dealer. When you're twinking, if you have 2-3 of the same class with the same roles you're not really getting that CTF feeling.

I think CTF starts getting fun around 51 pvp, where you can have a pally and a nuke mage and be successful against a team of 3 others.

Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Buffedbear Pl; 07-02-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buffedbear Pl View Post
    Because twinking is full of a bunch of nutheads who troll everyone. I'm not saying that everyone who twinks is like that, but the further down the levels you go, the more and more people you'll find who follow this tactic: Enter game - kill someone - troll them for dying - repeat.

Seriously you can't have a real CTF game with twinks for more than 10 minutes. Sure I've had some great twinking CTFs, but I'm really liking endgame CTF.

I think the problem is, is that in twinking there's usually one class that's OP, ex: 10-17- bear, 23-26- mage, 30-35- mage
    A successful CTF team imo requires a tank and a dmg dealer. When you're twinking if you have 2-3 of the same class with the same roles then it's not really that CTF feeling.

I think CTF starts getting fun around 51 pvp, where you can have a pally and a nuke mage and be successful against a team of 3 others.

Just my 2 cents
    Lol, 35 pvp and up is just FFA in Ctf. As I say, deal with it or leave.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGotenks View Post
    Lol, 35 pvp and up is just FFA in Ctf. As I say, deal with it or leave.
    I think CTF requires a bit more strategy than FFA. I really don't see any strategy in 35 CTF, lol did I just say 35 CTF - that's nonexistent.

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I too wish more people would do ctf at twink levels... I think the main reason people don't is because there is slot of people that don't have the maps! But I have been in some very intense 50-56 ctf matches it can be slot of fun... I'd like to do a 61 ctf game if anyone else agrees let me know

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Haha I have to agree with ya. My friends and I used to play 2-3 mile wide games of CTF and we'd all have bikes, walkie talkies, it was truly the good times. I love capture the flag in PL especially.

I think the reason end game is because twinks are for players who just like to boost their stats (not in all cases, but most). We make our end game characters to enjoy the newest content which drives us to a more unique gaming experience.

I made my Twink just so I can rush others in PvP and boost my stats. End game is totally different for me.

EDIT: As said above, it's done out of boredom too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Haha I have to agree with ya. My friends and I used to play 2-3 mile wide games of CTF and we'd all have bikes, walkie talkies, it was truly the good times. I love capture the flag in PL especially.

I think the reason end game is because twinks are for players who just like to boost their stats (not in all cases, but most). We make our end game characters to enjoy the newest content which drives us to a more unique gaming experience.

I made my Twink just so I can rush others in PvP and boost my stats. End game is totally different for me.

EDIT: As said above, it's done out of boredom too.
    Holy crap Ghost you crzy!
    Anyways we used to play airsoft capture the flag... Fun Fun

Yea though I never get a good ctf team... Mainly because my guild doesn't ctf besides chicken lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20