Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Level 71 Elite Cap (About the looks, not about the bonus)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default Level 71 Elite Cap (About the looks, not about the bonus)

I don't want to seem like a whiner, but here goes a tiny bit of whining.

I appreciate the devs putting in the effort to change the volcano helm look to the new elite vanity helm look, but honestly, I still feel like it is not very attractive.

I have noticed that most level 71s don't even wear it! Back when COP first came out, if you had it, you can bet your *** you had it on. It looked sick and could literally go well with any other pieces of gear.

Don't get me wrong, the new vanity helm isn't ugly persay, but its just not nearly as cool looking as the COP. Also, since it is kinda greenish, it really does not go with other gear, like a nice gold or silver or even black can. Further, it looks a lot like the free spartan gear which pretty much everyone received, which kinda screamed "noob" if you wore it because everyone had it.

I don't know if its appropriate to ask for another redesign since the devs already extremely graciously took us up on our previous complaints and already did a redesign, but I was hoping to get some more input from the rest of you.

I feel like even a reskin/color change of the old COP would be better. Perhaps bigger horns, maybe additional prongs, maybe a COP that looks more like a lion's mane. I don't know! Let's get some suggestions! Seriously, I love the look of the old COP and it seemingly went with everything! I would like to see people rocking the new elite vanity as well. I see more 71's without it on, than with it on.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

-------AEO-------

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yep, I agree !
    Mysticalz - Lv 13 Twink ( #1 Mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Default Level 71 Elite Cap (About the looks, not about the bonus)

Remember, the 71s helm is not apart of a 'set' at the moment which means no sparkles or bonus. Where as the CoP is apart of a set giving a bonus.
    Necroreaper's thread is worth reading.

Just an average signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post

I appreciate the devs putting in the effort to change the volcano helm look to the new elite vanity helm look, but honestly, I still feel like it is not very attractive.

I have noticed that most level 71s don't even wear it! Back when COP first came out, if you had it, you can bet your *** you had it on. It looked sick and could literally go well with any other pieces of gear.

Don't get me wrong, the new vanity helm isn't ugly persay, but its just not nearly as cool looking as the COP. Also, since it is kinda greenish, it really does not go with other gear, like a nice gold or silver or even black can. Further, it looks a lot like the free spartan gear which pretty much everyone received, which kinda screamed "noob" if you wore it because everyone had it.

I don't know if its appropriate to ask for another redesign since the devs already extremely graciously took us up on our previous complaints and already did a redesign, but I was hoping to get some more input from the rest of you.

I feel like even a reskin/color change of the old COP would be better. Perhaps bigger horns, maybe additional prongs, maybe a COP that looks more like a lion's mane. I don't know! Let's get some suggestions! Seriously, I love the look of the old COP and it seemingly went with everything! I would like to see people rocking the new elite vanity as well. I see more 71's without it on, than with it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    Youd appreciate it more if you did as necro suggested. It's the most genius piece of equipment in all of pocket legends. It's actually tied into real life history, down to its color way. The design team really did its homework with this one.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    Ah, I must have missed that thread somehow. No wonder more people were not complaining (at least on the forums) because you already squashed it with the, "Its my culture" thing. Well, what can I say. I respect your Hawaiian culture, and actually just the other day I was reading about the island of Niihau. (Quite interesting)

Anyway, I am not going to ask that it be changed from the Mahiole, but instead that maybe STS can make it look MORE like a Mahiole (and a really cool version) rather than a green-ish spartan helm. You gotta admit that what we have looks a LOT more like a greenish spartan helm rather than a sweet Hawaiian feather helm fit for the highest ranking chiefs.

Also, winning over the small percentage of active forumers with the background on the item still does not change the fact that most people (at least that I have seen) do not wear it and probably will not until they also can get a bonus from it.

P.S. Would be hilarious if 6 months from now STS just reskinned the spartan chest piece and they were like JK, it WAS a spartan helmet!!
    P.S.S. Would also be funny if the chest piece was like a $5 Hawaiian shirt that you buy at a tourist trap. It's islandy!
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Did you think before you wrote? The reason we COP owners dont wear it is because it would break our set. Also COP is definetly the best looking helm period, which means any new design would fail compared to COP(STS did it right the 1st time). If STS made the new elite helm a pile of poop and made it combo with other while giving 4 times the boost you better be sure il take the COP off and sport that pile of poop.

Also the volcano was fine.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    Did you think before you wrote? The reason we COP owners dont wear it is because it would break our set. Also COP is definetly the best looking helm period, which means any new design would fail compared to COP(STS did it right the 1st time). If STS made the new elite helm a pile of poop and made it combo with other while giving 4 times the boost you better be sure il take the COP off and sport that pile of poop.

Yeah, I thought before I wrote, tough guy. /Whimper. Did I specify COP owners?

If you have the COP, I understand why you don't have the new gear on. I wasn't talking about vs. the COP. That's a no brainer AT ALL.

I'm seeing new 71s without any other vanities on, or just the chest vanity and STILL no new level 71 elite cap.

Also, I read Necro's post. Really interesting stuff.
    Last edited by kiitz; 07-02-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I want my Volcano helm! Everybody on here knows this...lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Youd appreciate it more if you did as necro suggested. It's the most genius piece of equipment in all of pocket legends. It's actually tied into real life history, down to its color way. The design team really did its homework with this one.
    Not to mention the answer to the simple question that is: "how many freaking ways is there to decorate a hat?" :-P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz:697560

Yeah, I thought before I wrote. /Whimper. Did I specify COP owners?

If you have the COP, I understand why you don't have the new gear on. I wasn't talking about vs. the COP. That's a no brainer AT ALL.

I'm seeing new 71s without any other vanities on, or just the chest vanity and STILL no new level 71 elite cap.

Also, I read Necro's post. Really interesting stuff.
    You dont get it do you? No matter how ugly the lv56 elite helms would have been wearing it means you are old school/hardcore as that helm was never intended to give a bonus or be a vanity. Yet those who have it earned it regardless.

Also there is no point in wearing the lv71 helm as it gives no bonus. Lastly there is no need to wear the lv71 helm to prove "you capped at 71" as you level does so. Just wait for new cap and people will wear it proudly since it will mean they were part of the 71 cap.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post

Well yeah.
    But I'll also bet you a gold cap that most players just quit wearing it later when crafted sewer sets came out.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

You dont get it do you? No matter how ugly the lv56 elite helms would have been wearing it means you are old school/hardcore as that helm was never intended to give a bonus or be a vanity. Yet those who have it earned it regardless.

Also there is no point in wearing the lv71 helm as it gives no bonus. Lastly there is no need to wear the lv71 helm to prove "you capped at 71" as you level does so. Just wait for new cap and people will wear it proudly since it will mean they were part of the 71 cap.
    I don't get "it"... Okay, maybe I don't. Let me recap and you call teach me what I do not "get".

The COP as you have mentioned before looks freakin' awesome. People wore it all the time - when they got it, and after that to get bonus and to show they were "old school and a bad@ss."

This one does not give bonus stats yet. Okay, so no reason to wear it unless it looks freakin' awesome. It doesn't. So people who wouldn't break vanity sets STILL often don't wear it.

I'm asking to make it look a little cooler. Maybe not as cool as the COP. Maybe thats impossible because the COP looks amazing. That doesn't mean that STS can't make the new vanity look a little better than a reskinned spartan helm that is supposed to be a bad@ss chief's helm.

We're on the same page on a few things. If I had a helm that gave me awesome stats even though it was a brown pile of poo, I would wear it. But I would also wear a vanity that I worked hard for if it looked cool even if it didn't give me stats yet.

I have all the old vanity gear, so its not about jealousy over the COP being cooler. I just don't see many people wearing the new vanity (even though they are not breaking old sets and do not have dragon gear.) and that means it could be changed to look better - EVEN as it continues to represent the Hawaiian culture, which fits the current expansion with the whole island theme.

You don't care about looks. I got that. I really don't either and I don't care if I am wearing the ugliest mishmosh of stuff if it means I have the best stats for what I am trying to achieve. But I think STS would rather have people wear the vanity than not, and I wanted to see who else felt the way I did. Maybe no one does, and I should just shut up, which I will do after this thread.

What am I not getting. Enlighten me, all understanding one.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Well yeah.
    But I'll also bet you a gold cap that most players just quit wearing it later when crafted sewer sets came out.
    Interesting... I think everyone kept wearing it after crafted sewer sets came out. At least everyone I knew. The cop went well with the crafted sewer sets, and literally everything else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I agree with kiitz when he said the current elite vanity still isn't as cool looking as CoP. I think nobody can deny that. However, I think he forgot to take into account the essence behind the Monarch of Humania, that's where its beauty lies, beneath. Though, one (or many) may argue that it's a vanity, and vanities are superficial and physical, and not based on deeper meanings etc., I'll advise them to reserve this argument until after the second piece is released. I've seen vanities in other games that looks underwhelming when worn alone, but when paired with the correct item, you start to appreciate its beauty. I think the Monarch of Humania's historical background is enough to earn itself a chance. If, even after wearing the future next piece of this new set, it still looks "un-cool", then STS will have a lot of explaining to do. Not everyone, after all, is from Hawaii (no offense meant to anyone), I said that as a statement of fact, that's why they can't grasp the "inner beauty" (yet), so let's give it a chance, we'll see what happens, this might turn out to be a sleeper (hope so).
    Last edited by vampinoy; 07-03-2012 at 02:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The green color goes very well with the new Humania gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I dont care much for the 71 vainity, it does have a cool background, and making another redesign of a COP would ruin it for people who already own a cop, such as myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I actually really liked the volcano and I'm very upset that I didn't hit 71 soon enough to get it
    Kaytar

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaytar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz:697631
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Well yeah.
    Interesting... I think everyone kept wearing it after crafted sewer sets came out. At least everyone I knew. The cop went well with the crafted sewer sets, and literally everything else.
    Cop looked badazz but I never wore it when it first came out.

1st It was a item not vanity and broke your set bonus.
    2nd Even if it was a vanity I'll rather wear big luck and have a chance of better loot or wear a vanity that gave me 1+armor
    3rd. People could just look at my level and see I hit elite cap. I didnt need a helm to do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

dude not to break the bad news but......u seem like a whiner :P

Rauekat-lvl 71 bird, Rauekit-lvl 68 bear, Rauekot-lvl 43 mage, Rauekatjr lvl 15 bird! Proud recruiter of "The Elite"! Soon to be officer I hope!