Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Level 71 Elite Cap (About the looks, not about the bonus)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Read NecroReapers thread. That explains everything

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Not to stray too far off topic but the 71 cap is now the Hawaiian helm instead of a volcano? I've read they implemented a new elite vanity helm but I still see the volcano in game. Could someone clear me up on which is awarded for what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

The volcano was given as the 71 reward before the Hawaiian helm. Several days later, sts designed a new helm because the volcano was "ugly" and replaced it as the 71 cap reward. The people who got their volcanoes kept them and received the new helm too

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Soon the volcano will be like one of the coolest items to have since so few people have it (like droid)
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post
    I don't want to seem like a whiner, but here goes a tiny bit of whining.

I appreciate the devs putting in the effort to change the volcano helm look to the new elite vanity helm look, but honestly, I still feel like it is not very attractive.

I have noticed that most level 71s don't even wear it! Back when COP first came out, if you had it, you can bet your *** you had it on. It looked sick and could literally go well with any other pieces of gear.

Don't get me wrong, the new vanity helm isn't ugly persay, but its just not nearly as cool looking as the COP. Also, since it is kinda greenish, it really does not go with other gear, like a nice gold or silver or even black can. Further, it looks a lot like the free spartan gear which pretty much everyone received, which kinda screamed "noob" if you wore it because everyone had it.

I don't know if its appropriate to ask for another redesign since the devs already extremely graciously took us up on our previous complaints and already did a redesign, but I was hoping to get some more input from the rest of you.

I feel like even a reskin/color change of the old COP would be better. Perhaps bigger horns, maybe additional prongs, maybe a COP that looks more like a lion's mane. I don't know! Let's get some suggestions! Seriously, I love the look of the old COP and it seemingly went with everything! I would like to see people rocking the new elite vanity as well. I see more 71's without it on, than with it on.
    actually, not many people wore CoP at all when it came out. it wasnt a vanity and a headpiece that completed set was preferred.
    flawless best bird!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

I'm just curious to see how it ties in to future caps. You have to admit the first set went together pretty well. And I know there are a lot of shield haters out there...but that's my favorite piece. The colors went well, everything just...fit. A green and yellow helmet? Mehhhh. And don't say, "Respect the culture", because I'm entitled to my own opinion, nobody can change that. Yeah, it's related to culture, but it's a video game, not history class. I thought the whole point of playing games was to avoid school? I'm not saying we still can't learn, and part of these games' purposes are to educate us, but I'd chose a good looking item to better my experience versus a forced history lesson. The Volcanut would've went amazing with future updates, at least that's what I think. The new helm, not so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post
    Soon the volcano will be like one of the coolest items to have since so few people have it (like droid)
    Thats the way I feel about it too! That is exactly the story. Im still hoping they re-release it later, it sounded like they have ideas for it. I give all the credit to players who went for the cap as fast as possible in the first day or second. They have the recognition & both of the helms. I should of went in hardcore & would have had it in like 2 or 3 days...ugh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I'm gonna play Devil's advocate here and say, I still don't like the looks of it. I appreciate the history and the the "homework" that the devs did. I'm not disappointed at all, I simply don't like it. Personally, I'd rather have the volcano. In fact, I thought the original helm was not the volcano and that they created the volcano because people complained about the other one.

Anyways back to Devil's advocate. Would it be possible still to remake it? Just for discussion sake. I mean even if it's crazy with all the history, what if the vast majority of people still hate it? Isn't the point to make a vanity that people will want?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Technoemail said they probably bring it back maybe..but making it unique is cool to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I think the feather "Mohawk" is a bit big, and it looks pretty goofy. Later on, though, people will think it's cool, and it screams "Elite!" to anyone who sees it.

If I had my way, I'd make the Mohawk thinner and curve closer to the helm in the back than the front. Hopefully it would look more like the actual Hawaiian headdress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I kind of hope they do it like elite vanity sets. Like the 56, 61, and 66 are one set and the next three elite vanities become a set. Each giving their own bonus maybe. It'd be interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

didn't we had a bunch of those discussions yet??? I think we can leave it like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default elite

I think that all elite gear should be made to wear together...keep adding on for one mega gear. The more you can gather the better. That would really show respect to the people who have been here for a long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    Read NecroReapers thread. That explains everything
    He's right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Meh. I'm greatful they give us ANYTHING for capping.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jblazer View Post
    He's right
    Lol, I DID read it, and it does a good job of explaining what it is. I'm just saying it just doesn't really look like what it is supposed to be. Tell me the truth, does it look more like the Hawaiian chief helm, or a greenish spartan helmet?

I'm not even asking to have to changed at this point, cuz I do not really care cuz I don't have it. I really just wanted to see if others felt the same way.

From the responses I've gotten back, I think there are people who do agree it doesn't look as good as it could, but not enough people care either way, or they are enamored enough with the story behind it, they do not care.

Personally, I'm happy to keep rockin' my level 56, 61 and 66 vanity gear cuz it looks 100x better anyway
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default Level 71 Elite Cap (About the looks, not about the bonus)

My view on the 71 vanity is it just doesn't look elite. The way they designed it has a weird matte finish and is big while the one in necros thread looks very elite and you would want to wear it as it is in the pictures he provides.

Just a level 66 point of view. A set bonus really can't make it look cooler. The CoP just looked really elite and many at high levels still wear it and those who didn't get it are beating them selves up because it is that cool looking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I will like something like this lol

thejokerlol level 71 bear l guild eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

IMO a good vanity helm (or any vanity item) is one that matches well with other equipment you have. So far this vanity helm doesn't seem to match any of the Humania gear or any other gear. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Humania crafted sets having the same color scheme, and if that turns out to be true, then I think everyone will like it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonabiuibil:705031
    Meh. I'm greatful they give us ANYTHING for capping.
    And that is how I feel in Star Legends. The first few caps we had gave us little to nothing except the 21 cap which only gave players access to crafted weapons. I'm grateful to get anything from STS. I would've thought the volcanut hastle would teach people to just be glad for what they have because complaining can just make it worse.
    I love the Volcanut and the new Hawaiian helm's looks and I'd do lots of runs for them, but I'm currently trapped in boring PUG's in the sewers and Nuri. T_T

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!