Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: @ Devs: Spirit of the Deep gear, is it completely cancelled?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default @ Devs: Spirit of the Deep gear, is it completely cancelled?

"Spirit of the Deep gear was originally planned to release with the expansion but .........Therefore we'll keep all the new 'Spirit' stuff under wraps 'til other power-related impacts of the expansion have settled."

Above quote is from the new expansion thread.

I kindly request for a clarification from devs whether it is completely out of picture or is it still coming?

We already have legendary and mythic for more than 3 months probably. Arcane is coming but how long will it take 3-4 months maybe. How many will probably able to get Arcane weapon/gear? Very few I believe.

I know spirit gear will be replaced with new Arcane, also Arcane will replace Mythic gears. So what is the point of not releasing spirit when it was already been designed.

I know there are flaws with spirit gears and will not be as good as Arcane. At least I may not have to pay 100+ mil for the new arcane or maybe I wont be able to afford it until next year. Until then give us something that the poor player like me can obtain cheaper and make it better with hard work farming kills for our new spirit gear.

In addition, Isn't the set items suppose to be in the middle if not better than mythic? I am curious how it can be useful after the release of Arcane.

Also, I am hoping Deep spirit set won't meet a fate that happened with promised banished weapon in the past.

Thank you for your kind attention.
    Last edited by yubaraj; 02-28-2022 at 01:20 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yubaraj For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Same keep waiting, also i hope in max level proc chance would be 100% regarding all ppl who spend 10000hours and 10000 plat to grind last spirit weps to max level with no diffrents in the end( to small to notice) . I feel really bad after months of grinding .. @asommers

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka
    ign: NEXPL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nexior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Still waiting too for this spirit of the deep gear.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to snakeeyes For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Yeah, still...
    Keep waiting...
    My feeling says, its realese on elite zodias event. Let's see...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to terapan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

hopefully this spirit gear will b better than mythic..if not then..elite zodias will b a disaster for spirit gear

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

+1 More info on Spirit of The Deep Roadmap and Release Date.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yoloswagx View Post
    hopefully this spirit gear will b better than mythic..if not then..elite zodias will b a disaster for spirit gear

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    No, i think spirit gear is support item like before. Not op but fun to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Bump. Hopefully Spirit of The Deep Weapons and or 81 Arc Weapons Procs is AOE Damage type for War. Something more effective than Elite Skull Axe atm. I would be okay with Spirit of The Deep Weapon Procs having a Pull Mechanic also even though I have TB.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fearrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Thank you all for the support.

I do believe there must be ways to make it work, it may provide a middle ground where it can be used to mix/match and give us some variation than mindless tapping or maybe worth something in a group scenario.

Anyways, the concept behind spirit gears is kind of intriguing to me as we can level it up and make it stronger. Possibilities are endless.
    Unlike spending hundreds/thousands of awake gems for the particular item which is totally luck based.

However, if there is no rework or just a same copy paste like the end/taint set then it will be really disappointing.

I do have a doubt but also hope that STS will bring it back as we will be waiting Arcane gears for several months.

Also, thankful for the team for taking a positive steps with taking any feedbacks with recent events.

Hopefully, the community can help too in this matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

The Spirit idea is an amazing Concept. It has been done and used successfully in many games over the years. 1st time in AL just executed poorly. But not just that it was abandon and never made right…And it could of have been made right! So many are curious to see what happens with Spirit of The Deep Set and many are weary.

And I made this suggestion months ago and will bring it up again since I never really got any reply yes or no, which is fine. And I still think something like this would revive the Spirit Gear Green Section as well as the use and role of Spirit in this game in a good way:

Soul Stone and Spirit Convert System.

Soul Stone a new item that can drop from new 81 Bosses, X amount of Plat in Plat store, and or New Expansion Lock Crates. Soul Stone + Old Mythic/Arcane Weapon+ Spirit Convert Vendor can turn a old Mythic/Arcane into a Spirit Weapon. For example Frost Touched Bulwark will turn into Spirit Frost Touched Bulwark with green letters. Now all classes equally have the opportunity to use their favorite old Mythic/Arcane Weapon at Endgame and will scale to Endgame Content based on current Spirit Level. Old Mythic/Arcane Weapons will have different levels depending on what Level Cap they came out. And this can be every 5 or 10 Levels they scale. So simply the older the Mythic/Arcane the more Spirit Exp/Levels will be needed to rescale to current endgame content Proc/Base Stats Wise. Current Mythic/Arcane Weapons that are no longer obtainable can now be Boss drops in 81 Expansion. Now how far we should go back Level Cap wise that can be up to the Community/Devs to decide.

And the Soul Reaver Orb example I brought up in Announcement Section: For X amount of Plat in Plat Store Soul Reaver Orb gives: X amount of Normal XP %, X amount of Spirit XP %, X amount of Spirit Pet XP %, A Soul type of a Aura, and as long as The Soul Reaver Orb is in the Inventory…Spirit Gears/Weapons will gain XP for each Mob and Boss Kill without needing to be equipped in the Zones where we can Lvl up these Gears/Weapons. And this Orb will just sit in the Inventory only, like how the aspect of Undying Orb works.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fearrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    The Spirit idea is an amazing Concept. It has been done and used successfully in many games over the years. 1st time in AL just executed poorly. But not just that it was abandon and never made right…And it could of have been made right! So many are curious to see what happens with Spirit of The Deep Set and many are weary.

And I made this suggestion months ago and will bring it up again since I never really got any reply yes or no, which is fine. And I still think something like this would revive the Spirit Gear Green Section as well as the use and role of Spirit in this game in a good way:

Soul Stone a new item that can drop from new 81 Bosses, X amount of Plat in Plat store, and or New Expansion Lock Crates. Soul Stone + Old Mythic/Arcane Weapon+ Spirit Convert Vendor can turn a old Mythic/Arcane into a Spirit Weapon. For example Frost Touched Bulwark will turn into Spirit Frost Touched Bulwark with green letters. Now all classes equally have the opportunity to use their favorite old Mythic/Arcane Weapon at Endgame and will scale to Endgame Content based on current Spirit Level. Old Mythic/Arcane Weapons will have different levels depending on what Level Cap they came out. And this can be every 5 or 10 Levels they scale. So simply the older the Mythic/Arcane the more Spirit Exp/Levels will be needed to rescale to current endgame content Proc/Base Stats Wise. Current Mythic/Arcane Weapons that are no longer obtainable can now be Boss drops in 81 Expansion. Now how far we should go back Level Cap wise that can be up to the Community/Devs to decide.

And the Soul Reaver Orb example I brought up in Announcement Section: For X amount of Plat in Plat Store Soul Reaver Orb gives: X amount of Normal XP %, X amount of Spirit XP %, X amount of Spirit Pet XP %, A Soul type of a Aura, and as long as The Soul Reaver Orb is in the Inventory…Spirit Gears/Weapons will gain XP for each Mob and Boss Kill without needing to be equipped in the Zones where we can Lvl up these Gears/Weapons. And this Orb will just sit in the Inventory only, like how the aspect of Undying Orb works.
    Loved the idea

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I also hope they make spirit weapons gain exp in all maps, I tried leveling my daggers to 50 when they got released however gave up after getting like 200-300k pve kills, its just maindless grind for 3rd rate daggers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post

Interesting. Great ideas and suggestions.

Maybe you can put this in a suggestion section too.

Futu and Asommer are lurking in the suggestion section more than here probably. I hope they see it too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Last thing. So if Post #10 sounds good by Sts and a go… A suggestion to help speed this Content Update up.

This is a big project because there is a lot of testing and scaling involved with the Old Mythic and Arcane Weapons, depending how far we go back Lvl Cap wise. An Event. A Beta Test Server with a Map Type similar to EVG Wave Style. In this Beta Test Server we can use any Sets we already have with Elixs Etc. So one Parameter could be testing Proc Scaling for a Mythic and or Arcane between each Lvl, 5, 10, and Maxed Proc at Endgame. In this Beta Test Server it records the damage dealt to Mobs, Mini Boss, and Main Boss each Wave for Sts to see. To make it more relaxing and one of my ideas Pre Swamp Temple Event and after was the Wave Style Map should have had the timer removed. Survival v.s Timer runs out would of have been so much more enjoyable. And you can step off to side and take a break if need be for Phone Call or Etc.

So Sts gets recorded ingame results each wave and also Feedback on Forum of certain Weapons and Etc from this Event. If this helps speeds this Project up and can be done before Elite Zodias Maps…Map Theme for this can be Hyperbolic Time Chamber 🤔

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I know you Devs are busy but at least if you can just say 'Yes' or 'No' to spirit gears will be appreciated. Thanks.

Also, are we gonna get Arcane weapons sooner than expected as Elites coming early?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

a month ago the devs said arcanes wont be coming until at least one year from now, so you can be pretty sure arcane weapons wont be here in the next few months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by championboost View Post
    a month ago the devs said arcanes wont be coming until at least one year from now, so you can be pretty sure arcane weapons wont be here in the next few months
    Pretty sure dev said Arcanes are planned to be released in 2022

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by championboost View Post

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Xuds For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Lets see what Cinco/STS decides do about Arcane weapons/gears.

But there must be a reason they do not want to reveal anything about spirit gears.

I know nobody can make everyone happy.

Waiting .....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

There was only one major problem imo, way to grindy to level them. I have all 3 pieces, ran the maps til mind numb set in. Other gears came into play... then they were useless. Once read in chatbox a new set was coming, instead they raised the level cap of the set. I don’t think a new set is coming or will be of any use before being outclassed by other gears. Oh and gear snobbery will exclude you from partying if you use it.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.