Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infection!!! (the heck with lame pvp)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default Infection!!! (the heck with lame pvp)

INTRODUCTION

(Before I begin realize that you shouldn't take me too seriously with the expressions I use)

Ok. I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm so flipping tired of same old pvp. Whether its rushing or FFA or 1v1 I don't care. I'm just so sick of it! It seems like people are constantly giving amazing ideas for new pvp modes but as far as we know the devs don't give a flying flip about changing pvp at all. Lol so I've decided to just screw waiting around for a new mode and make one myself!

WELCOME TO THE INFECTION THREAD

Concept Explained

For those of you who have played infection before, you already know somewhat what I'm talking about. Now let me explain the rules. *cracks knuckles*

Infection is somewhat like a giant game of tag. Starts out (normally) with one person who is "it." This person will go out and try and tag others. Once another person is tagged they become "it" as well and both try and tag the rest of the people who are not "it." This is essentially what is going to happen in Pocket Legends. Only instead of tagging people we will be killing them.

Simple enough right? But I'm sure you are wondering how all of this is going to work. How will we keep track of everything? Basically, how will this all play out? Allow me to explain that as well.

The Works

Everyone will comment on this thread letting me know that they wish to join in the fun. I will then start a list of people who will be participating. ONLY these people who comment on the thread are part of this whole game of infection. (in other words you can't tell a friend in game and have him join. He's gotta sign up here so I can keep track)

Depending on how many people enter I will determine the number of those who are "it." In the first comment below I will have two categories- "The Infected" and "The Healthy." Over time the list of those who are "The healthy" will begin to grow smaller and "The Infected" will grow bigger. Once there is only 1 character remaining in "The Healthy" group the game is over and that remaining character is the victor. I would reward this person with a prize, however it would be too easy to enter and then not get on at all, easily winning the game. Realize that this is all "on the honor system" so to speak. The sole purpose here is fun.

Ok so how will the hunting work? Well I am going to allow exactly 10 days from today (7/4/12) at 10pm Eastern time for participants to enter. At the end of these 10 days the game will begin. The few Hunters will begin searching through Pocket Legends pvp for the hunted characters. Once they are spotted use whatever means necessary to kill them. Then take a screenshot and come here to the forums, post that screenshot, and I will swap them from "The Healthy" list to "The Infected" list. This will continue to go on until one character is left in "The Healthy" list, as I stated above.

I'm sure there is one question on your mind. Why would the hunted even get on? After all why not just avoid pvp and not get killed? Well, here is why- for every 5 (or 3 depending on how many people enter) kills you get on the infected, you have the opportunity to "save" one of your friends from being infected. In other words, if you defend off 5 attacks from the infected. You can swap a character of your choice from being "The Infected" to being "The Healthy." This is where the honor system REALLY comes into play. I don't need five screenshots. That would be way too complicated. Just be honest. If I find out you weren't honest, you get removed from the game.

The last thing I can think of are toons. In order for this to work we will obviously have to be able to use multiple toons so that the hunter(s) doesn't start at level 10 and everyone else uses their end game toons. (see what I mean?) I've decided to allow a total of 3 toons per person. My advise is don't pick them around the same level. Try and pick say, a 26, a 50, and 70, so as to get a good wide spread range of levels that you can pvp in. Below in the comments your name will posted like this- "MightyMicah/MasterMicah/ProphetMicah" (my three toons that are entering. Who said I couldn't join )

RECAP

Ok so let's get a little recap-

There's "The Infected" and "The Healthy." Over time "The Healthy" will become "The Infected"
    The last person remaining in "The Healthy" wins.
    You may use three toons to search the pvp world and hunt down enemy's.
    Below you will post the name of your three toons (you may use less if you don't have 3) in order to enter.

OUTRO

Alright so you get the idea now right? If not I'll edit accordingly. That's about it so the last thing I'll say is- Play nice! Play fair! Have fun! Don't eat chalk! And let's do this! We gotta get a good amount of people to join so come on. If you're reading this and you pvp, why not join?

Q&A

I decided to start a question and answer portion of this thread in order to answer the questions from below comments.

Q-can the infected hunt in groups? Or the healthy defend in groups?
    A- absolutely! Use whatever it takes to bring the healthy or infected down.

Q-Can we use throwing knives? (talons?)
    A-yes! Lol whatever it takes

Q-if we start out infected we can't win?
    A-if you start out infected your goal is to infect everyone, so yes you can win. If you mean "win" as in be the last healthy person, it is actually possible. You'll need a friend to take out 5 infected and heal you.

Q-if one of your characters gets infected, are they all infected?
    A-think of it as your forum account getting infected. All it takes is one toon to cause your entire account to get infected. So, in other words, yes.

Q-When will it start?
    A-well above I stated the deadline, however I may need to extend it a bit considering not many people have joined yet. We will see.

Q-If three "healthy" repel the "infected" five times is that three heals?
    A-heals only come about by individual kills on the Infected. In other words one person must get a total of 5 kills to revive an infected. It doesn't really matter what the scenario is.

Q-Can you leave the game when an Infected joins?
    A-if the infected joins you CAN choose to leave (like a coward :P) but remember, your infected friend is counting on you to get five kills and heal him! If the infected hits you and you leave before he gets the kill, you still become infected. (in other words if it reads, "you have left the game during combat")

~UPDATE~

Due to lack of participants Infection will be postponed indefinitely until a minimum of 20 participants have joined. If you really wish to start this thing tell your friends and spread the word! Thank you =D

~UPDATE 2~

In possibly less than a week I will be moving from Kentucky to Virginia. This process shouldn't take more than a week or two to settle in. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use this time to inform your friends about infection! The more participants, the more fun this will be! I'm hoping to get this game started in less than a month. From then on people can still join and I'll flip a coin to find out if they'll start as an infected or healthy. Thanks again y'all!

~MM
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 07-25-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Ok so this list will start out as simply "Participants." once it starts however, I will edit it to have "The Infected" and "The Healthy."

Participants-
    1.MightyMicah/Micahreturns/ProphetMicah
    2.Powrstriker/buffedbear/perfectpowr
    3.Supahhgotenks/Supahhgotenkzz/Goteenks
    4.Hellodream/twinkmonster
    5.Extracting/Mtyth/Extractmage
    6.puress/misspvp/purex
    7.Thornblast/oyeonac/brainFreezed
    8.Falsecast/Falsebreak/illiltedlliil
    9.Crimsontider/Crimsontiderr/Crimthereaper
    10.Vvhat/Jinglebellls/Xxpvppownerxx
    11.Ferrousity/SandFarmer
    12.Cuddlylilbear/lovelyunicorn
    13.Appleswagga/Mrappletwink
    14.Morewizard/oszabac/moreavian
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 08-15-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

My only question is: Can the "infected" hunt in groups? Kinda like in Halo, you could uave 5 infected attack you at once.

Just wanna help you cover all bases (you and I bith know someone will complain if not clear).

Count me in. I don't like pvp anymore but this will be fun... ninja style! I'll let ya know soon my 3 toons.

EDIT: Add in Crimsontider (70), Crimsontiderr (66), and Crimthereaper (52)
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 07-12-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Absolutely! Whatever it takes to bring the healthy down is acceptable! And awesome! Just edit in your toon names I guess and I'll add them to the participants.
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 07-03-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Do we get throwing knives in this private lobby?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

@noodleleg it's called talons smart one (-_^)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

So if we enter n we r chosen as infected at the start we can't win?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I edited in answers to yalls questions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilgangster View Post
    So if we enter n we r chosen as infected at the start we can't win?
    You win when everyone is infected
    But to the main topic, i dont think there can be new modes when the long standing deathmatch still has so many issues..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I'm in....sounds fun for a change

IGN's

Powrstriker - 51
    Buffedbear - 67 ( leveling to 70 no thrashers lol)
    Perfectpowr - 31

Question time.... Are you keeping track of this by forum acc or toons? Like if one of your toons become infected then are all of your toons considered infected?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Supahhgotenks/supahhgotenkzz/goteenks
    All level 18-23
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hey Micah!
    Many people have suggested ideas of new PvP themed modes, the only two are CTF and PvP, although I myself would like to see new game types come, it is hard to find something that works out, because remember, its not just pros playing, some "noobs" or mabye people who arent as good in pvp could be put back by better players with more experience. Things need to be balanced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

L37-hellodream
    L21-Twinkmonster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wthlite View Post
    Hey Micah!
    Many people have suggested ideas of new PvP themed modes, the only two are CTF and PvP, although I myself would like to see new game types come, it is hard to find something that works out, because remember, its not just pros playing, some "noobs" or mabye people who arent as good in pvp could be put back by better players with more experience. Things need to be balanced.
    Well we all started out as noobs, and I personally got better by reading all these pvp threads - so point those noobs over to these forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default Infection!!! (the heck with lame pvp)

Yes!!!! Extracting 15- Myth 71- Extractmage 22-
    This is gonna be awesome!!!

EDIT: When will it start?

Double Edit: going with crims question can the "Healthy" repel the "Infected" in groups? And if three "Healthy" repel the "Infected" five times is that three "heals"?
    Last edited by zappaxe; 07-05-2012 at 02:13 PM.

AL: Horror- rogue
    Myth- warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Well I edited in yalls questions and the participants. Looks like things are beginning to make progress!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

sounds fun!

26-puress
    36-misspvp
    70-purx

Meow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Bro, u need to set a level range

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

ThornBlast - 55
    Oyeonac - 66
    BrainFreezed - 30 (might lvl up to 31)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Piosidon View Post
    Bro, u need to set a level range
    He's trying to make it all levels. I for one thinks it's going to be awesome if he can get a lot of players in

AL: Horror- rogue
    Myth- warrior