Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i'm getting aggravated with humanian scatterbears, help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default i'm getting aggravated with humanian scatterbears, help!

Hey guys,
    I'm mainly playing DL now but want to keep at least my bird at level cap in PL so I jump in there from time to time. Unfortunately, I'm finding humania to be unplayable because of the excessive scattering. Bears fling mobs around randomly and mages like firestorming the mobs away also. This coupled with the extra long lengths of the maps (and the amount of walking required) makes doing runs really aggravating for me. I haven't timed them but it seems to me that each run in humania takes at least twice as long as the other campaigns.

Any advice? How do you guys deal with these issues. For that matter, are they issues for you guys or do you not mind playing like this (i.e. slow, lol). I already know all the noob stuff like host ur own game, invite pro bears, etc. but honestly, there aren't that many good bears out there that play the same times I do. Plus, with humania's wide open spaces the mages and their firestorm are almost as big an issue as the bears.

I'd really love to keep playing PL but I can't grind in humania like I could in fang, sewers, ao, etc. After 2 or 3 runs I end up getting fed up and going back to DL to pvp.

Help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I have run these maps all in 2-3 min, ask your tanks to tank to the right or left and have the rest follow the tank, this is what tanks are for... When done proper the mobs gather quick.

Make your own games make your requests if somone can not play as a team dont have them in your next map, once you get a good team pass word keep pw simple! And go fast rm and play.

Also ask you mages to snow fire tword the tank! most that have exp, should know this but if not teachnpeeps to be better pve players
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LADYHADASSA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

You dont even need bears in Humania. I do fine without them. Anyways just do runs with your guild.

Im 43k into 71 without thrasher and I never had a problem.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

my guild isn't very active.
    Maybe some cookies would help, so give me cookies! Hehe.
    Thanks for the tips lady! I guess I just expect more out of pugs. I'm just going to have to spend some more time and make new friends. Most of my pro friends have quit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

If u do it right Humania is great for pulling. Do some runs with hazacacodad.(think i spelt name wrong) Has some huge pulls really fun with i run with him/her

Rauekat-lvl 71 bird, Rauekit-lvl 68 bear, Rauekot-lvl 43 mage, Rauekatjr lvl 15 bird! Proud recruiter of "The Elite"! Soon to be officer I hope!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

That's why I have found myself using exp anywhere elixirs and farming some Fathom Crypt maps for exp...

It's rly hard to play with them. I tried to counter this by educating them like "hey u should gather all mobs and then stomp them against wall/corner" and all I usually get is "stfu u nub I know how to play". Kill them with fire is what I suggest.

U rly should try to gather ur friends playing, u know, the ones who don't scatter. U can pm me anytime IG and I'll come over with my archer. U have my bow, pew pew.

Edit: And it's actually kinda ironic that u made this thread since u r the author of the Scatterbear guide . Jokes aside, I would be glad to do some runs with ya
    Last edited by dudetus; 07-05-2012 at 09:38 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    That's why I have found myself using exp anywhere elixirs and farming some Fathom Crypt maps for exp...

It's rly hard to play with them. I tried to counter this by educating them like "hey u should gather all mobs and then stomp them against wall/corner" and all I usually get is "stfu u nub I know how to play". Kill them with fire is what I suggest.

U rly should try to gather ur friends playing, u know, the ones who don't scatter. U can pm me anytime IG and I'll come over with my archer. U have my bow, pew pew.

Edit: And it's actually kinda ironic that u made this thread since u r the author of the Scatterbear guide . Jokes aside, I would be glad to do some runs with ya
    Lol, i realize the irony.
    I'm like a mad scientist who lost control of his creation. Haha!
    if I see u on I'll pm ya!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Funny cause some of us bears think the other way. With rampant use of thrashers makes it hard to tank properly due to the fact that birds and images rush n steal aggro and don't let bears beacon. For me to tank properly I was only averaging 5-7k xp an hr because I'd have to run far enough ahead to beat the rushers. I finally did hit 71 after much aggravation, I just looked for friends I knew were bear friendly runners and then ground for hrs with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JFelt8 View Post
    Funny cause some of us bears think the other way. With rampant use of thrashers makes it hard to tank properly due to the fact that birds and images rush n steal aggro and don't let bears beacon. For me to tank properly I was only averaging 5-7k xp an hr because I'd have to run far enough ahead to beat the rushers. I finally did hit 71 after much aggravation, I just looked for friends I knew were bear friendly runners and then ground for hrs with them.
    The problem is bears think they have to stay till every mob is killed before they move to next pile. I do rush ahead if I'm with a bear who thinks his job is to kill every last mob instead of grouping them then moving to the next ones. Then the bear thinks he must get his combo in and will beckon from behind and steal all the mobs away then stomp them into random directions so we have to track the mobs down one by one. Instead of beckoning and stomping randomly just to get your combo in bears should rush ahead and stay ahead.

I'm not talking about you specifically, Idk ur ign or if ur a good bear or a bad bear but 95% of the bears in humania don't group, they beckon to the center of a wide open space the spray mobs everywhere.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

They put some fancy code work to make the snow areas more slippery, and I believe that the sand areas are using those model. This could explain why mobs go fffaaaaalllyyyyyyinnnnnnnggggg. Of course, it could just be excitement at level 7 skills. Either way, I just avoid bears at all cost. They make it to slow, as I do not have time to chase mobs and kill them. Just check if there is bears, and if there is, find another game. Sad to say it has come to this, because I love my bear.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    They put some fancy code work to make the snow areas more slippery, and I believe that the sand areas are using those model. This could explain why mobs go fffaaaaalllyyyyyyinnnnnnnggggg. Of course, it could just be excitement at level 7 skills. Either way, I just avoid bears at all cost. They make it to slow, as I do not have time to chase mobs and kill them. Just check if there is bears, and if there is, find another game. Sad to say it has come to this, because I love my bear.
    Fluff you and justbrutal rock bear! Seriousley if peeps just let ya all ahead a little and go where the tank goes slippery or not the mob is dead! Ill run huma. With you or brute or anyother map for that matter any day any time there are few well skilled tanks and when i find them i let em know " nice tanking"!
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    my guild isn't very active.
    Maybe some cookies would help, so give me cookies! Hehe.
    Thanks for the tips lady! I guess I just expect more out of pugs. I'm just going to have to spend some more time and make new friends. Most of my pro friends have quit.
    Ill give you some cookiez if it make you feel better <3 ^_^
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I would be curious to try out 5 scatter bears in humania. It worked great in Crypt (1-4 are awful) but 5 was the magic number. I think the walls might have made it work though. The problem in humania is mobs might get flung so far they don't get hit by all the becon's / stomps, though there has to be a pattern that can create a vacuum. hmmm.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I would be curious to try out 5 scatter bears in humania. It worked great in Crypt...
    Scattering is always bad, i hate playing with other bears.

If there is a scatter bear in the group, then I just hang back and pick off a few stragglers. I'm not going to work hard trying to clean up the chaos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

You can try leaving the game and keep on hopping from game to game until you find some good bears, play with them, and friend them. If you don't feel like finding a game, then you will have to cope with the scatterbears or find a game without bears. It sucks having bears that hang back and don't take damage, so I just usually leave those games. Other times, when I give up finding a decent party, I go out attacking mobs and I try not to die lol. Or wait for the mana shield mages to soak the damage and then attack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Amazingly simply answer to the problem. People need to learn that the edges can help them cluster instead of scatter.

A bear shouldn't beckon in the center of an area, but while standing against a wall or better yet a corner.
    A bear should stomp after taking one step out from the beckon point, to stomp the mobs toward the wall. (So... wall - beckon - step out - stomp)

THORN combo debuffs, so it should come before other combos.
    A bird should thorn wall as the bear beckons, then do its self-combo.

A Mage should WAIT for the bear and bird for one second, then cast lightning after the thorn wall.
    Mages should stand where the bear stomps (one step out from the beckon point) to do self-combo and blast the mobs TOWARD the wall.

Humania does have edges. It only looks like it is wide open.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 07-05-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I find it pretty easy to control mobs on my bear, the problem is most bears stomp before the mobs are gathered and they go in different directions. The problems also arise when there is more than 1 bear on the map, each is fighting eachother for mob control.

Hang back from the bear, I always throw roots/thorn down right after beckon, it helps hold them in place and adds more damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204:700100
    Hey guys,
    I'm mainly playing DL now but want to keep at least my bird at level cap in PL so I jump in there from time to time. Unfortunately, I'm finding humania to be unplayable because of the excessive scattering. Bears fling mobs around randomly and mages like firestorming the mobs away also. This coupled with the extra long lengths of the maps (and the amount of walking required) makes doing runs really aggravating for me. I haven't timed them but it seems to me that each run in humania takes at least twice as long as the other campaigns.

Any advice? How do you guys deal with these issues. For that matter, are they issues for you guys or do you not mind playing like this (i.e. slow, lol). I already know all the noob stuff like host ur own game, invite pro bears, etc. but honestly, there aren't that many good bears out there that play the same times I do. Plus, with humania's wide open spaces the mages and their firestorm are almost as big an issue as the bears.

I'd really love to keep playing PL but I can't grind in humania like I could in fang, sewers, ao, etc. After 2 or 3 runs I end up getting fed up and going back to DL to pvp.

Help!
    Let people play how they want. If you don't like the way someone tanks, leave the map and put that tank on your ignore list, problem solved.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Growwle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I don't even bother to tank in Humania. I just follow as the mages and birds lead the way and kill the bad guys. I clean up whatever scraps they miss, and then when we get to the boss, then I tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Meme
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paar For This Useful Post: