Thread: Supply and demand

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default Supply and demand

when items are high in demand it means the person or group that has multiple copies of this item should not sell.

instead a player should wear this item and if someone says

buyer ~ "hello are you selling that item. "

the seller will reply with

seller ~ "no im not. but ill sell it for the right price"

that price will most likely will be extremely high. people get really pissed off about this and get really vocal too. but this isn't price fixing.

if the buyer does not and refuses to buy the item. the seller couldn't care less because the seller wasnt selling it in the 1st place.

the reason why you do this is because once the buyer buys your item. they wont be able to sell it right away.if they do its because they're panicking so they'll sell it very low.

or the buyer could have really wanted the item so once they have it they'll never sell it.

or lets say the buyer waited for you to sign off and a new buyer asks if they're selling the item they just bought from you.

the buyer now turns into the seller applying the same concept. the difference is the new buyer is willing to pay more.

notice how high and low prices play a role here.

you know the saying right? buy low and sell high. do you understand now? the price is never fixed but flexible.

as long as the item retains "demand and scarcity" the price only goes up. prices go up due to " demand"

prices are not set by the community. that is a misconception pushed by players who dont know better.

if 50,000 people existed in the game and one person had ghost set. lets say 49,999 people offered to pay 10k for ghost set. would you sell it just because the community refuses to pay what you asked for?

lets say the each person in the community offered to pay 750m to 800m. would you sell it? the answer is no you wont . say your not selling it but your willing to let go of it for 20billion maybe 50billion.

the community cant be in control of a item they dont own. the price is not set.

Npc Vendors have items for a fixed price.
    platinum you buy is for a fixed price.
    store items have a fixed price.

items that can be traded do not have fixed prices.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Potofgreed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I, too, want to buy premium caviar for $1/lb. Strangely, no ones wants to sell that to me. I call price-fixing!

Star light, star bright...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

believe what you want to believe. personally i dont care.

There's a science to buy,sell and trade.

Buy,sell, and trade has a meta. in real life and in game.

Ask yourself which role is the most powerful/Broken?

The buyer?
    The seller?
    or the trader?

there are different types of buyers, sellers, and traders.

there are also hidden factors here like emotions and etc.

lets say a certain type of buyer really wants a item for a certain price. they'll resort to insulting the seller and confusing the seller with multiple accs just to " fix the price" to their liking.

notice how much work this type of buyer has to go through to " fix the price"

the reason why this type of buyer has to go through this is because being the buyer is Low tier. so they have to resort to scummy tricks to gain advantage. these type of tactics work on a type of seller who needs to sell a item immediately because they're low on gold.

its important for sellers to understand that they have the most power in trade. this is why sellers would rather supply what people demand.

the buyer isnt in control of the situation the seller is.
    the only time the buyer is in control of the situation is when the seller gives power to the buyer. so if the seller accepts anything that the buyer says thats the moment the sellers loses power.

heres the thing the most powerful option in buy, sell and trade is to "bail". see people let their Ego's get involved in transactions. some people get so committed in a transaction once they reach a certain point they wont bail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Well spoken.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fahtsssss For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Lol, gibberish. I often ask managers in a store if they can give me a better price on an item. Guess what? The store prices aren’t fixed, I get discounted often this way. Went to some yard sales this weekend and haggled everything down.
    I don’t wear the item I’m selling, so I ignore pms in that regard. Generally, I’m in love with what I’m wearing, so nfs. If I’m selling, I’ll be shouting it.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.