Thread: crafting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default crafting

Could you please lower the prices for crafting?? Its hard enough to get all the parts for the items, but when you see the prices your motive to still crafting it is gone. It would be cool if you were to suggest lowering the prices. It would help a lot!!! Thank you!!

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Crafting is meant to be hard and expensive as the sets have the best stats of any other set at the same level.

However, you could try merching(buying and reselling items) to profit. You should be able to afford a crafted custom set in
    no time if you are willing to spend hours merching in blackstar...

*Just a tip. XD

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by HunterSLAYER; 07-12-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Crafting can be fun.
    Crafting makes the various maps repayable when crafters collect materials all over.

Price of recipes can remain as long as the recipes are reusable.

Crafters can sell crafted items in auction. Thereby increasing auction lots purchase with plats.

Having a vibrant crafting community will be more fun than just trading loots.

Currently, recipes are one time use only and the added benefits are not very spectacular at all...so, once we craft one item, we don't care to do it again.

So dev, please make recipes reusable. Crafters like myself will be happily collecting, crafting and selling ....For a long long time...
    Last edited by Ava; 07-14-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    Crafting can be fun.
    Crafting makes the various maps repayable when crafters collect materials all over.

Price of recipes can remain as long as the recipes are reusable.

Crafters can sell crafted items in auction. Thereby increasing auction lots purchase with plats.

Having a vibrant crafting community will be more fun than just trading loots.

Currently, recipes are one time use only and the added benefits are not very spectacular at all...so, once we craft one item, we don't care to do it again.

So dev, please make recipes reusable. Crafters like myself will be happily collecting, crafting and selling ....For a long long time...
    Yeah... No. Considering the prices of the crafted item are worth more than the recipe, you just use the same recipe over and over and the crafted lowers in price, which isn't very beneficial. Crafting isn't meant to be a common thing, only if you have the money for it. This would ruin SL's economy.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I think 35,000 is a bit overpriced for a very small bonus. It's not huge like some PL sets, but just meager so I think 10k a recipe was fine.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonabiuibil View Post
    Yeah... No. Considering the prices of the crafted item are worth more than the recipe, you just use the same recipe over and over and the crafted lowers in price, which isn't very beneficial. Crafting isn't meant to be a common thing, only if you have the money for it. This would ruin SL's economy.
    Either dev lowers the price per recipe, increase bonus or they allow reuse. Else, what's the point of collecting so many "ingredients" in our stash ?

Right now, the ingredients are taking up a lot of space in my inventory, I am constantly getting rid of them and it's starting to be pain.

Considering the tiny bonus, for a one time use, 35,000 credits price, I wouldn't spend that kinda credits even tho I am virtually that rich.

Economy wise, what sellers list on the market isn't always what players are willing to pay for.
    Like any real life economy, a crappy house can list for 10million on the market, doesn't mean it's worth 10 million at all. Someone has to be willing to see the value it's worth and be able to fork out that kinda money.

For a game, what's important is the fun value, auction price is secondary.
    Collecting ingredients alone is time consuming and requires some luck, so I wouldn't expect prices to crash to below 5,000 on a worst case basis. As a crafter, I would sell it for 10,000 per crafted (assuming players are willing to pay that price) after 4-5 sale, I can use the profits to buy another recipe for crafting, and the process starts all over again, and again and again... Hence the replayable value.

Since crafting is not class specific, a commando can craft Items usable by other classes, and in various levels. So the options are huge.

Crafter can focus on specific level, class , and category. So, theres not likely gonna be a flood to reduce prices drastically when recipes are so pricey , unless every crafter decides to craft only one specific item , not likely to happen. Supply and demand.
    Last edited by Ava; 07-15-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

The reason the prices ARE high is so that not everyone has them. You wanna have everyone have a set then there goes any "profit" you'd make, considering everyone has 'em and they'd be as cheap as the new vanities. So basically you alone profit, then everyone else who worked hard getting their sets gets ripped-off cause they payed the 35k per recipe. Considering you can farm recipes, it's perfectly fine as it is. It just isn't likely. Plus you can use the ingredients for lv21 weapons as well, it's not set aside for armor alone. that's just my 2 cents, and I know if this happens many people who payed the recipe costs are gonna be very mad.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

The crafting prices would be justified if you actual reg drop pieces were rarer than right now and if crafting was more customizable.
    If you could change the set color and effect than it'd would be fine at 35k. And add more of a state bonus, there is hardly any difference.
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The reason the prices ARE high is so that not everyone has them. You wanna have everyone have a set then there goes any "profit" you'd make, considering everyone has 'em and they'd be as cheap as the new vanities. So basically you alone profit, then everyone else who worked hard getting their sets gets ripped-off cause they payed the 35k per recipe. Considering you can farm recipes, it's perfectly fine as it is. It just isn't likely. Plus you can use the ingredients for lv21 weapons as well, it's not set aside for armor alone. that's just my 2 cents, and I know if this happens many people who payed the recipe costs are gonna be very mad.
    Are u one of those who paid the insane amount for meager bonus, one time use recipe? Too bad for you.

I m just suggesting a way to make playing SL more fun and replay able.

Maybe we should just stick to the status quo, I'd just keep clearing out my stash since it doesn't make much sense crafting for now.
    Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Are u one of those who paid the insane amount for meager bonus, one time use recipe? Too bad for you.

I m just suggesting a way to make playing SL more fun and replay able.

Maybe we should just stick to the status quo, I'd just keep clearing out my stash since it doesn't make much sense crafting for now.
    Thank you.
    Actually I am NOT one of the people who crafted. Don't assume things mate. It wouldn't be fun, it would be worthless now that everyone has a crafted set, thus eliminating farming, thus eliminating gameplay. Keep it the way it is, or STS is gonna have a lot of angry customers on their hands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Actually I am NOT one of the people who crafted. Don't assume things mate. It wouldn't be fun, it would be worthless now that everyone has a crafted set, thus eliminating farming, thus eliminating gameplay. Keep it the way it is, or STS is gonna have a lot of angry customers on their hands.
    Yeah, angry customers.. U mean those greedy, self centered, hoarders ? I agree. Too many. Let's just keep it this way, gota please them. ( nods.. Nods).. There goes the community spirit...~~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Yeah, angry customers.. U mean those greedy, self centered, hoarders ? I agree. Too many. Let's just keep it this way, gota please them. ( nods.. Nods).. There goes the community spirit...~~
    No I mean those people who worked their butts off for their sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No I mean those people who worked their butts off for their sets.
    Ooohhh... Well I guess it's too difficult for devs to "refund" their recipe or cost ? Will doing so make them happy ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Crafting should have variance. I'm starting to see variance in games like DL with the new pinks. It should be cheaper, but give you the potential to have something with great stats But on the other hand something with bad stats. However, the STS community for the most part will think this will involve more gambling. Therefore, I probably shouldn't have mentioned it. Just wanted to throw this out there though.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird