Thread: Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Default Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV

I've just started playing this game, I know it's very old, I just bought the 5th anniversary edition as I want to complete this game before buying Skyrim. I was wondering if any of you would recommend joining the dark brotherhood. I'm already a member of the thieves guild, so I don't really care about being a baddy in the game. I would just like to know if the perks out-weigh the disadvantages of joining, or whether its best to keep away. I heard the robes are good for thievery, but apart from that, is there anything worth going for. I know this sounds obvious, but please refrain from answering unless you have actually played the game and understand what I am actually talking about
    Thanks in advance
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV

Oblivion for life! Join the dark brotherhood, missions give amazing pay, you get a free horse, tons of free stuff and just amazing game play, um otherwise i likes the bows alot and max your conjuration to 100 helps out alot. Join the arena for some interesting fights. Any questions about the game so far?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Thanks I've not really come across anything that has halted my gameplay, and i seem to be getting along pretty fine so far. I use my bow a lot too, it's pretty fun to use as sword is just smashing the R1 button haha. It took me a while to get used to lock picking, but i can get into most hard/very hard locks now, however the guards are usually waiting for me when I'm done. The free horse sounds good too, since i lost my other one lol I haven't found the arena yet, but im only level 4, so i have loads of stuff to discover yet
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Ive joined and completed all guilds(: Dark Brotherhood is great. Lots of money made and tons of free weapons! And its really fun assasinating people(:
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

I joined everything. Dark Brotherhood is a definite. I'm glad you are doing the smart thing, and playing Oblivion before Skyrim because they are a ton of Oblivion references. But Dark Brotherhood gives you Shadowmere. And Shadowmere is the most kick-*** horse in-game. It's the fastest and toughest. In Oblivion, Shadowmere is referred to as a she. Whilst in Skyrim, she is referred to as a he. Here's a lovely picture:

But yeah, do everything. I logged like 350+ hours on Oblivion. Embrace every moment!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    I joined everything. Dark Brotherhood is a definite. I'm glad you are doing the smart thing, and playing Oblivion before Skyrim because they are a ton of Oblivion references. But Dark Brotherhood gives you Shadowmere. And Shadowmere is the most kick-*** horse in-game. It's the fastest and toughest. In Oblivion, Shadowmere is referred to as a she. Whilst in Skyrim, she is referred to as a he. Here's a lovely picture:

But yeah, do everything. I logged like 350+ hours on Oblivion. Embrace every moment!
    I thought the Contract where you had to kill every person in the party secretly was the best thing ever.
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑