I'm bored again...
so here goes..
Should the Military be able to recruit in High-school?
My vote is yes. Reason behind this is that the military is really the only job that doesn't require a higher education past high school and that will support you fully. And with the lack of kids and my friends who ive talked to that don't want to go to college this may be the best opportunity they can get. Sure joining the Military is a very large commitment, if your willing to make it, then you'll be set for pretty much life.
Here's a little story for ya
There was a guy who grew up in a house with 3 other brothers, a mom, and a dad. He would get up early in the morning and shovel the horse stalls before school. He didn't get much past what he needed to live. He worked for whatever he had. When he turned 15 he met a girl who would later become his wife. Now this girl, Let's call her "Jane" and lets call this guy "john", did very well in school. John on the other hand was pretty bad. So Jane helped John all the way to his senior year. A military recruiter came in to his high-school and talked to his school about joining the military. John had no intention of going to college so he talked with Jane about the military. Jane approved. John went and talked with his mom for his dad died when John was about 13. His mom of course approved.
A year after John was in the military and married to Jane, they had a child named "Jim". John wasn't around to long before he was deployed to Japan. Jane was very upset but she loved him and Jim. John had a very successful Navy career. When Jim was about 13 years old, John made Chief Petty Officer, which is E7. Jim and Jane were so proud of him as was everyone else in the family. John was amazed to see that he had made it this far into his career. He never thought he make it to E7. 3 years later, John had beaten his own odds and made Senior Chief Petty Officer, which is E8. John Currently still sits at E8 having high hopes for E9. He has a child, a wife and a dog. He lives comfortably and never has to worry about money issues because he knows the military makes sure he gets what he needs.

So. that whole story you just read was about my father my mother and I. It really makes you think what would have happened had that recruiter not come to his highs cool. would he ever have found a good job, would he ever have had me? would his paycheck come from McDonald's?

Seeing what my dad has done with his life starting from what little he had to how much he has now, has made me want to go into the military. However i do plan to go to college.
So let me ask you this, and i maybe bias i have been a Navy brat all my life, but do you think Military recruiters should visit High-Schools?