Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Make quest for diamonds plz.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Vamp, sry to say this but ur getting on my nerves with all your talk.
    Most ppl are here for the fun and 'competition', but not competition that can be bought just by plat...

Ok, you might work your *** off in rl, so u can afford to spend a thousand plat per day.
    But there is no need to mark us as whiners or lazy or not taking our chances just cause we cant afford to mbash all day or need months to save up a million -.-

U say it's funny that some call it opportunity, but it's exactly what it is.
    U're having the means to improve luck, shorten ur farming days, hoarding money, buying titles... all by using plat.
    It's an opportunity not everybody has. That's fine but come on, that doesn't make u a better player ^_^

Just one achievement based up on grinding towards something without the plat option would be nice.
    It would put us all on the same lvl for at least one achievement

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bebsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Take a break from the game... Come back in a week or so.
    All your problems will magically disappear .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bebsi View Post
    Vamp, sry to say this but ur getting on my nerves with all your talk.
    Most ppl are here for the fun and 'competition', but not competition that can be bought just by plat...

Ok, you might work your *** off in rl, so u can afford to spend a thousand plat per day.
    But there is no need to mark us as whiners or lazy or not taking our chances just cause we cant afford to mbash all day or need months to save up a million -.-

U say it's funny that some call it opportunity, but it's exactly what it is.
    U're having the means to improve luck, shorten ur farming days, hoarding money, buying titles... all by using plat.
    It's an opportunity not everybody has. That's fine but come on, that doesn't make u a better player ^_^

Just one achievement based up on grinding towards something without the plat option would be nice.
    It would put us all on the same lvl for at least one achievement
    Ok I re-read everything and I think I went a little overboard with some of my comments and some inappropriate ones like the "gtfo" to Crimson and yeah..mostly to Crimson, so apologies to him and to anyone who gets irritated by that comment of mine, I apologize for being overly aggressive about it, but I'm not apologizing for the essence of what I'm trying to say...it's the truth...at least from my point of view. Anyway, I've said my piece, I guess let's just wait and see :P Cheers.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Edit: Nevermind...
    Last edited by ZHEOTARE; 07-16-2012 at 05:50 AM.
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

And peace restored!

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:711764
    What they should do is have a quest where you can obtain gear that is nice but not as good as the legendary gear, kind of like how it was with the mystery and cyber gear. It was nice gear, but if you had the cyber gun set, it was not as good as the death gun set. That is what they should have done with the angel gear. I think for the next campaign they need to think about this idea, and also think about making purple items that are new designs and nice and not just recycle old gear designs. Then people would be content with purple gear the way most people were in the sewers.
    Cyber Gear used to be the BEST set Alien Oasis had before the Shadow Caves became an exclusive area that can only be accessed by doing the Victory Lap. The best set then came from elite quests and they weren't a walk in the park. Mystery Armor I wasn't really thrilled with.
    Anyways, I think it's possible to have quest obtained ingredients.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

There are a couple of examples of challenging quest based gear.

All the Frozen Nightmares quests, the Mystery Quests (which required 5 plat to complete by the way) and the Cyber Quests yielded decent gear. The point is that the quests were, and to a point still are, so challenging that many have not completed them yet.

Unfortunately, because the Frozen Nightmares quests in particular were so difficult, most waited until they attained a high level before they completed the quests. So while the rewards (black ice) were the best equips for the level, by the time you get them, you don't need them any more. Honestly, I have no issue with that, but I had hoped that the black ice gear would have been more than just marginally better than other pinks in Frozen Expedition.

vamp, you do have a good point in that the economy is ruined...especially for casual players. It seems silly that so many items are as expensive as they are, so it really is only for twinks (specifically, Toy Wand, Candle, Snowball Launchers, Green Ice, etc). Normal, casual players will never be able to afford green ice or other similar twink gear. Not really an issue for me, because there is other gear out there that is almost as good, and far more reasonably priced.

I also agree that Legendary isn't Legendary when I see so many junk pinks available in CS for what amounts to pocket lint. Hell, I usually just liquidate junk pinks, or give them away because it's not even worth the CS fee. At this point, the Shadow/Hate/Death and Demonic are the only Legendary sets available. Other items I consider legendary are Dragon Items, Green Ice and Vyxnaar - they are so rare that I only see them once in a while in CS.

Now, I'm all for the "truly" legendary gear. I agree that it seems silly that my full str and int crafted fang sets are only worth couple hundred thousand, while, before the cap, it was worth a couple million. If a full crafted, legendary set is only worth, what, maybe 300K, then that doesn't seem too legendary to me.

Perhaps there should be three equips per cap. One that is quest based (like Cyber), one that is crafted (like Demonic, Enchanted and Fang Crafted), and one that is dropped (mega-rare like Dragon). This would provide some variety in the game, and allow cheapskates like me to chase the quest set first and then farm for the crafted/dropped later. It would also extend the life of this particular map, as most "hardcores" will try to get all three sets. I would also like to see the quest based items become the crafted items, that would make it so much harder to attain.

Like others have said the CoP still is the most hardcore item in game, because it was a grind, there was no 4x elixirs at the time, and it could only be attained with strong groups/guild. Every CoP given out was EARNED - and that is why it is still elite. You know whoever wears one knows how to play, knows their role in the group and knows how to contribute to combos, which makes runs far more exciting.

I know I keep kicking a dead horse, but the 4x elixirs have changed the landscape of this game, and not for the better. Whenever I see a player at level 70 with only a few thousand kills, I just have to wonder whether they actually know how to play, or if they "bought" it. I know that STS relies on these types for their income, but there is a huge difference between a level 70 that has a CoP and 45K kills versus a level 70 with 4200 kills - one is simply a better player, is generally more helpful within the community and is a pleasure to run with, the other just treats every map like a sprint and, because they are so overpowered with Thrasher, treats the run like a solo where others are interfering and is usually the one that screams in all caps "LEAVE HIM NOOBS" or "REZ NOW!"

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Maybe the quest could be beating Tiki God 100 times to get one. Really, id do anything for a diamond lol.

Jugernuget:Guess: 576

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Maybe a quest where you have to kill 800 of those giant yetis of doom. They're kinda scarce and make good bounty material, at least in my opinion.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    There are a couple of examples of challenging quest based gear.

All the Frozen Nightmares quests, the Mystery Quests (which required 5 plat to complete by the way) and the Cyber Quests yielded decent gear. The point is that the quests were, and to a point still are, so challenging that many have not completed them yet.

Unfortunately, because the Frozen Nightmares quests in particular were so difficult, most waited until they attained a high level before they completed the quests. So while the rewards (black ice) were the best equips for the level, by the time you get them, you don't need them any more. Honestly, I have no issue with that, but I had hoped that the black ice gear would have been more than just marginally better than other pinks in Frozen Expedition.

vamp, you do have a good point in that the economy is ruined...especially for casual players. It seems silly that so many items are as expensive as they are, so it really is only for twinks (specifically, Toy Wand, Candle, Snowball Launchers, Green Ice, etc). Normal, casual players will never be able to afford green ice or other similar twink gear. Not really an issue for me, because there is other gear out there that is almost as good, and far more reasonably priced.

I also agree that Legendary isn't Legendary when I see so many junk pinks available in CS for what amounts to pocket lint. Hell, I usually just liquidate junk pinks, or give them away because it's not even worth the CS fee. At this point, the Shadow/Hate/Death and Demonic are the only Legendary sets available. Other items I consider legendary are Dragon Items, Green Ice and Vyxnaar - they are so rare that I only see them once in a while in CS.

Now, I'm all for the "truly" legendary gear. I agree that it seems silly that my full str and int crafted fang sets are only worth couple hundred thousand, while, before the cap, it was worth a couple million. If a full crafted, legendary set is only worth, what, maybe 300K, then that doesn't seem too legendary to me.

Perhaps there should be three equips per cap. One that is quest based (like Cyber), one that is crafted (like Demonic, Enchanted and Fang Crafted), and one that is dropped (mega-rare like Dragon). This would provide some variety in the game, and allow cheapskates like me to chase the quest set first and then farm for the crafted/dropped later. It would also extend the life of this particular map, as most "hardcores" will try to get all three sets. I would also like to see the quest based items become the crafted items, that would make it so much harder to attain.

Like others have said the CoP still is the most hardcore item in game, because it was a grind, there was no 4x elixirs at the time, and it could only be attained with strong groups/guild. Every CoP given out was EARNED - and that is why it is still elite. You know whoever wears one knows how to play, knows their role in the group and knows how to contribute to combos, which makes runs far more exciting.

I know I keep kicking a dead horse, but the 4x elixirs have changed the landscape of this game, and not for the better. Whenever I see a player at level 70 with only a few thousand kills, I just have to wonder whether they actually know how to play, or if they "bought" it. I know that STS relies on these types for their income, but there is a huge difference between a level 70 that has a CoP and 45K kills versus a level 70 with 4200 kills - one is simply a better player, is generally more helpful within the community and is a pleasure to run with, the other just treats every map like a sprint and, because they are so overpowered with Thrasher, treats the run like a solo where others are interfering and is usually the one that screams in all caps "LEAVE HIM NOOBS" or "REZ NOW!"
    Well thought out. I agree with pretty much everything you've said here and I like the idea of the 3 different sets. Over enough time everyone will get the quest set and at least have a decent set on par with high end gear to use. A fair number of people will get the crafted set (leave the difficulty of crafting the set as it is now) and then leave room for the super rare dragon set type gear that does not impart a huge stat advantage, but still gives players with the ability to get them the "rare" or "elite" feel.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I agree too, but it kinda annoys me how glyph is more expensive than Mt fang crafted sets.. Shouldn't it be the other way round? After all Mt fang crafted is better by far... Maybe not as good looking. Or its because Glyph is more rare?....
    PL: Apa, Apasa, Apasara
    Character: Archer, Warrior, Enchantress.
    Level: 77, 77, 77
    Legend of Zeroes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apasara View Post
    I agree too, but it kinda annoys me how glyph is more expensive than Mt fang crafted sets.. Shouldn't it be the other way round? After all Mt fang crafted is better by far... Maybe not as good looking. Or its because Glyph is more rare?....
    It's because Glyph is more rare. It's pure market forces.

Now that Humania is out and so many have gotten parts, if not all, of level 70 sets, everyone is liquidating their crafted Fang gear.

As Im and so many othersm have posted, Nuri drops are set so low, it's almost like pinks are just rumors there. Check out the prices for Glyphic steel and other Demonic crafting components. There are not that many available, and those that are available go for A LOT!

Plus, it helps that the Demonic sets look AWESOME!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained