Thread: Coming Soon: Fortune Hunters PvP mega-tournament

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Default Coming Soon: Fortune Hunters PvP mega-tournament

The Fortune Hunters Guild will be starting the first of our quarterly PvP tournaments. Tournament will have combat events between guilds, the guild leaders, and general players. Winner of each tournament will receive a cash prize! Sign up starts next month, and the event itself will be held in September. Hope to see you there soon!

Events:
    Guild PvP
    Guild Master PvP
    Ranked Public Matches
    And more!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Its alot harder to organize these types of events, look further into planning and think a bit more about the realistic outcomes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Oh, and also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Yeah, I know that it will be tricky to run this. That's why its taking place 2 months from now, so we have plenty of time to plan and organize it. have any suggestions that might help?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Battlegrinder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wthlite View Post
    Oh, and also
    Thought AoA are supposed to help players? Not assume & boss them around?

@Battle, If you're unfamiliar with the forums interface & how to host official tourneys via it, give me a PM, which can be done through the notifications tab, kinda like an email system!

I can also help you plan out the tourney if you think it's too much to handle and need some extra assisstance.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Thanks for the info. I haven't had much experience in running a pvp tournament, though I did plan one a year or so ago when I was in Assassins of Cascadia. I'm mostly working on updating what I came up with then to deal with expansions to PL since then. I didn't know there was a way to post tournaments via the forums, but this topic was intended a general announcement to get people interested. Next month I'll be posting the sign up and rules, and I could use some advice then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

You want suggestions? Cancel the event. Say the guild leader of one guild is a 35 twink vs another who is a 61 Orlock bear. Is it only me or is it a bit unfair? Also, how would a small guild defend it self from a massive one like COT? And where would we find a map for 50vs50 assuming the ping wouldnt be bad enough. Gold prizes are a bad idea as a big guild has the highest chance of winning so something like 50k per person is kind of extreme. Platinum will have to be distributed by STS so they would have to approve first. Then comes the problem of distributing the prizes. If someone joins the guild after the fight, should they recieve the prize? If they join in the middle would they recieve prizes? What if they have many alts in the clan? Would they recieve 50plat x each character in the clan? Say its Mujalistic vs COT in the finals and I have a toon in each guild. What ever the outcome is, I already win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twinklaser View Post
    You want suggestions? Cancel the event. Say the guild leader of one guild is a 35 twink vs another who is a 61 Orlock bear. Is it only me or is it a bit unfair? Also, how would a small guild defend it self from a massive one like COT? And where would we find a map for 50vs50 assuming the ping wouldnt be bad enough. Gold prizes are a bad idea as a big guild has the highest chance of winning so something like 50k per person is kind of extreme. Platinum will have to be distributed by STS so they would have to approve first. Then comes the problem of distributing the prizes. If someone joins the guild after the fight, should they recieve the prize? If they join in the middle would they recieve prizes? What if they have many alts in the clan? Would they recieve 50plat x each character in the clan? Say its Mujalistic vs COT in the finals and I have a toon in each guild. What ever the outcome is, I already win.
    Matches will be between teams, not the whole guild. Distributing the prize will up to the winning guild, not me. Players can only use one alt for the tournament. And I'm thinking that guildmaster tournament will always be unbalanced, and won't be a really serious event like the other contests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Thought AoA are supposed to help players? Not assume & boss them around?

@Battle, If you're unfamiliar with the forums interface & how to host official tourneys via it, give me a PM, which can be done through the notifications tab, kinda like an email system!

I can also help you plan out the tourney if you think it's too much to handle and need some extra assisstance.
    1. I like to make memes
    2. Just trying to say that plannin large events such as his posted takes alot of effort and time. Its alot more work than he might expect.

EDIT: how am I bossing him around? I merely suggested something he could do to better his undstanding of planning events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Another note, my bad for being a bit rude battle :/ I hosted a 35 tournement, takes up alot of time and I disliked the amount of time it took for it to finish(its still going )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Ah, its ok. I laughed, didn't think it was rude or bossy. I'm certain this Tournament will be a success, but even if its a total fiasco, what I learn from it will help the next one work out better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wthlite View Post
    1. I like to make memes
    2. Just trying to say that plannin large events such as his posted takes alot of effort and time. Its alot more work than he might expect.

EDIT: how am I bossing him around? I merely suggested something he could do to better his undstanding of planning events.
    Merely suggesting in a derogatory way, thus attempting to discourage him. Last time I checked, memes and facepalms are funny, yes, but usually trollish and discouraging.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll join my name is armykuzi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Thanks for the interest, but I'm sign ups won't begin until next month.