Thread: 71 elite dungeon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default 71 elite dungeon.

Finally hit cap couple nights ago, but been focused more on finishing crafting. Which I finally did. So now I'm looking at doing the elite dungeon. Question is should I use elixers or is it possible to do it in a pug without one. I say in a pug because being a new player still I don't really have friends outside of my fellow monsabashaz. After seeing this dungeon kind of thinking its important to join a larger guild? Any helpful thoughts or tips would be much appreciated. Thx in advance.

My ign is same as forum if anyone is interested in showing me the ropes also would appreciate it.

P.S. I play a chantress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Was thinking the same.

I'm getting close to the cap too, and was considering checking it out without elixirs just to see how it could be run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Its pretty much impossible to do it without elixirs at this point. At the very least, you would need a bear in all the best strength gear with gold tanker pot on just to stay alive if he isn't using an elixir.

Even with elixirs, you will most likely find yourself with quite a bit of frustration when you are not able to coordinate PWNED combos in time.

I have been trying to do the elite boss without using elixirs with a group of friends and it seriously has been a nightmare. Even once you've coordinated healing well enough to keep your tank alive AND have everyone coordinated on when to do the mega combo, it is still extremely easy to get a random mess up due to a dodged break armor or crushing blow.

It seems like the boss requires a PWNED combo roughly every 25 seconds. One of mages has a timer and when we are supposed to do the PWNED, he gives us the signal. You need roughly 5-6 PWNED combos for the bosses entire life bar. Because you need THAT many successful mega combos in a row, the possibility of a dodge occurring in one of those required PWNED combos because one of the biggest headaches.

I'm not even going to mention the pain of the skeletons. But if you fight the skeleton in a corner, only 1 set of skeletons come in each wave, as opposed to all 3 sets, which makes it much more manageable.

It is absolutely heart wrenching to get the boss to like 10-25% and then miss a combo and watch as the boss runs away. Leaving the corner means you will have to deal with swarms of skeletons which will easily kill an unelixired group. But the boss doesn't even come back to you after he heals! We've found when that happens, just remake and start over because the skeletons will rip your team apart. This way at least you can try again without a death.

Still waiting for someone to post a video of a successful non-elixired run. We can do it if 2-3 people are elixired, but have not been able to do it without elixirs yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

its hard to do it with less than 2 elixired team members
    its really usefull for the tank to be elixed cuz he can one hit crits of 900 dmg, basically an instakill unless ur pure str, in which case ud have trouble keeping agro

but anyways with a good team u can do it with 2 elixed members, with a bad team, u should probably all be elixed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Agreed. If anybody is elixired, the tank must be also, otherwise there is no way for him to hold aggro. Our tank has 160 in strength and the rest in dex. By keeping up all debuffs we can get the boss down to 10-20% with nobody elixired. Never been successful killing the boss all the way though.