Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The ELITE weapons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Key thing here is don't concern yourself with what others have unless it violates the TOS. However everyone may disagree with this, its not going to remedy the situation. My only worry would be that these " advertising" elite weps that are supposedly being removed Monday could be used for an advantage in PvP. But again, complaining and being jealous won't help much.

Farm more and find/buy one is the only solution I can find

Divinemayhem lv71 bear
    Divinemayhemz lv70 mage
    Divinexmayhem lv70 bird
    Ewwyuckgross (soon to be) lv56 bird
    Sandblast lv51 mage
    Feedyourhead lv30 bear
    Mayhembeak lv30 bird
    Maliciousbear lv25 bear
    Hostilebear lv22 bear
    Divmay lv18 bear
    Plaguemaw lv17 bear
    Minimayhem lv10 bear
    Hostilemerch lv4 bird
    Sometimes I can't stop the shaking, but at least I know I'm not dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    Here's the deal. Saycred helped Techno do something one night while on an elixir. Saycred ended up wasting a 30 plat elixir and didn't ask anything in return. Techno found it was nice of them, and awarded them.

It was just a act of kindness. It isn't like Guardians who excessively help and get rewarded whilst expecting nothing. It was just a quick reward.

Others will be rewarded. STS wasn't trying to troll. They were just trying to keep it secret. Everyone has been pounding on Saycred so much when all he did was recieve some antennas.

He was given the weapons to advertise just like I was.
    30 platinum? saycred got a free elite weapon and keeps making locked games with techno. That cant be it. you must be talking 300 platinum because its just crazy now.

change this name of thread to: "New shiny antennas?? And elite weapon? Whats the secret? part 2..."

Now i see a couple hundred people in game talking about saycred. The antennas were enough for spending 30 platinum... Is saycred becoming a dev possibly? lol thats all i can think of....
    ~Jugernuget

Jugernuget:Guess: 576

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

he thought of the idea of an 'elite dungeon'?!?!?
    seriously its only been suggested hundreds of times since the shadow caves by many many players?

and they give antennas for 30 plat? why go to that effort when they could just refund the plat?
    why do they need advertising for elite items, anyways? o.O the point of them is to be rare, if people see every (selectly chosen) 71 with them, doesnt that kinda destroy the 'elite'ness of them?

did the devs give the vyx helm of hate to every 'special' level 50? for a weekend o_O

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

This thread is sad.... People are so jealous over a little reward or thank you from the devs that they cant see we are all the ones that benifit.... Who cares if he has elite otems "TILL MONDAY" or even forever.... Who cares if ig was only him that thought up the "ELITE" dungeon with elite drops.... We all get to play and we all havr the chance to drop one... Saycred is far from my bff as most of you know but i say "Congratz"! Dont hate the player hate the game...lol... Maybe its cause i live in LA im used to these publicity stunts and the fact that even bad publicity is still publicity but hey it got the job done right? The entire cummunity is in an uproar because they are jealous...lol..

Guys i have a cunffession to make... I have done favors for people that i hardly knew just because i could... And then later they rewarded me :embarrased: just because i did something nice without expecting anything in return... Worst part is this was real life and my gain was far greater then a pixel staff with a proc!
    Gosh i hope you all dont hate me now :/

For those of you asking for an answer straight from devs i say this:
    1) lol... When has that ever happened?
    2) try to remember its not there place to tell you everything. Its there place to make a game.that is fun and challenging for both free and pay to play users and if they choose to reach out to the cummunity for help in making this happen then Don't get upset it wasnt you or next time it surely wont be...
    Last edited by TANKKAAR; 07-21-2012 at 11:16 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TANKKAAR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    he thought of the idea of an 'elite dungeon'?!?!?
    seriously its only been suggested hundreds of times since the shadow caves by many many players?

and they give antennas for 30 plat? why go to that effort when they could just refund the plat?
    why do they need advertising for elite items, anyways? o.O the point of them is to be rare, if people see every (selectly chosen) 71 with them, doesnt that kinda destroy the 'elite'ness of them?

did the devs give the vyx helm of hate to every 'special' level 50? for a weekend o_O
    Who said he came up with the idea for AN elite dungeon? Maybe he came up with the ideas FOR the elite dungeon? The boss, the teamplay required, the elite item drops, the dungeon style, and all the mechanics? You sll are so arrogant this is why i dont use forums. The minute someone whos not a forum user gets something you dont have you all jump to bash him on the forums and think he doesnt deserve it. I guarentee alot less of you would complain if it was someone known on the forums. Its just rediculous, just let him enjoy it, maybe he would have told you if you asked him why instead of giving reasons why not.
    flawless best bird!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Finally someone with logical thinking and understanding. Thanks tank.

Its a love hate relationship <3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrysys For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    This thread is sad.... People are so jealous over a little reward or thank you from the devs that they cant see we are all the ones that benifit.... Who cares if he has elite otems "TILL MONDAY" or even forever.... Who cares if ig was only him that thought up the "ELITE" dungeon with elite drops.... We all get to play and we all havr the chance to drop one... Saycred is far from my bff as most of you know but i say "Congratz"! Dont hate the player hate the game...lol... Maybe its cause i live in LA im used to these publicity stunts and the fact that even bad publicity is still piblicity but hey it got the job done right? The entire cummunity is in an uproar because they are jealous...lol..

Guys i have a cunffession to make... I have done favors for people that i hardly knew just because i could... And then later they rewarded me :embarrased: just because i did something nice without expecting anything in return... Worst part is this was real life and my gain was far greater then a pixel staff with a proc!
    Gosh i hope you all dont hate me now :/

For those of you asking for an answer straight from devs i say this:
    1) lol... When has that ever happened?
    2) try to remember its not there place to tell you everything. Its there place to make a game.that is fun and challenging for both free and pay to play users and if they choose to reach out to the cummunity for help in making this happen then don get upset it wasnt you or next time it surely wont be...
    Im not jealous. Ive helped people for nothing and somehow get rewarded with like $10-$20 and im like :O like one day my dad says for me to go with him to help clean their gutters well i didnt expect to get paid or be told to come back every fall to clean them out once or twice a year but make a few bucks. Im just curious why they have been having him under the spotlight and keeping it a secret.

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default The ELITE weapons

Sad that this small act of kindness from the devs is sending us all into a massive flame towards one person. I don't know how many of us would spend 30 plat just to help out. We should be congratulating saycred not putting him down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Who said he came up with the idea for AN elite dungeon? Maybe he came up with the ideas FOR the elite dungeon? The boss, the teamplay required, the elite item drops, the dungeon style, and all the mechanics? You sll are so arrogant this is why i dont use forums. The minute someone whos not a forum user gets something you dont have you all jump to bash him on the forums and think he doesnt deserve it. I guarentee alot less of you would complain if it was someone known on the forums. Its just rediculous, just let him enjoy it, maybe he would have told you if you asked him why instead of giving reasons why not.
    i see your point on the elite dungeon
    but still i dont think giving out exclusive and the rarest items in the game is exactly a nice little reward for a bit of help
    sorry but comes across as very corrupt to me
    enjoy them, but this kinda of favoritism always causes problems and rifts between players in all the previous games ive played

im the devs' favorite bye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysys:718751
    Finally someone with logical thinking and understanding. Thanks tank.

Its a love hate relationship <3
    Wow thanks for thanking me I said the same thing -_- lol. I take it back lol.

I could give a rats azz if you got it pemainatly. Lifes to short to be mad and envious. Its one of the 7 deadlly sins. Be happy and consent with what you have as there is alway others less fortunate.

STS should have said something though its only human to be envious of others. Especiially kids which makes up alot of the comminity. Im 24 and know life not always going to go your way. Missed qualifing to the Olympics for the 2nd time. You gotta just be happy with what you got.

Ps Im guessing the wep is lv71 since wounded couldnt advertise it himself when the devs lent it to him lol. Gave you too much credit wounded then it hit me lol. You did give it too a worthy person(angeldawn).

Pss you know what ima do a cash money give away, so you peeps stop being so envious. 100k to whoever finds out what place I got at the us olympic trial(2 spots) and 100k to whoever finds out what events I did (theres 2).
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Name:  beat-a-dead-horse.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  213.5 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I was just wondering, what is the point of making it a "secret" if it were for advertising purposes? If it were a secret, then the entire plan was to deceive people that there are actually more people who has them when it's not the case...was that the ad they were trying to promote, because we all know about the elite items (unless you can't read the patch updates)? Tell me, what good does it do aside from confusing the community?. Was this "advertisement" an excuse for being caught cold in the act, maybe? :P Why didn't they just declare that Saycred did this and that and therefore earns whatever, just like how normal people do? I've never seen a game give recognition on someone's contribution and keep it a secret (until now)...that will then make it a paradox...a secret recognition :P. So...can we all assume that this is "normal" practice for STS? They give "secret" stuff?...was this the first time or was this the first time they got "caught"? :P This single event gives every player the presumption that another player's "awesome" item is just a gift, who are you to say otherwise? we now have to take photos of every drop we got LOL do you see the ripple effect? :P (unless that's also part of the advertisement lmao). I say caught because nobody from STS came out clean, not even the "benefactors", it was only when someone "caught" Saycred that they were forced to speak of this as advertisement, etc.? I don't recall reading anything that says Saycred wanted the info out...Did they go out and tell everyone, hey, let's all give Saycred applause, no, the forums had to force the issue first, in fact, we have a dev responding and somehow teasing the community about the issue, wow, was that part of the advertisement too? Did they plan that a lot of people gets upset and try to force the issue out first before they declare its an advertisement? wow what a breakthrough advertisement, not even Steve Jobs (RIP) can do that...you need to have ability to look into the future to know people will catch your "secret"...oh wait, maybe...the person who discovered the "secret" was part of the act...wow it's just getting more brilliant by the second :P You know...easy to make excuses :P I'm just enjoying analyzing the entire thing, I find it funny how people are buying into this advertisement, and my opinion is not fueled by jealousy, If this was something like the other previous personalized recognitions (i.e. Buwanda) in the past (that were clean, proper), then yes I'd be jealous, but I wouldn't want to be the center of a controversy like this, no sir, you can have it all. In my opinion it's just a bunch of people that got busted and now trying to save face...it doesn't make sense, you have three guys designing the "weapons" and got recognized by the forums, had their names imprinted on the weapons, and Saycred's contribution is a secret? (scratches head) major plothole in the script? I also remember Cinco mentioning he doesn't want players to grieve in response to why there's no breakable items in the game...and this secret is obviously causing more than that LOL (plothole again?). You have a staff named after a player (buwanda) but Saycred has to be a secret? I don't think anyone would mind the elite Staff names after Saycred if he really did contribute, that's better than this 007-esque method. It's just filled with plotholes...doesn't hold water...To me, it looks likes someone got caught cold just doing some damage control. Well...good luck with this. They're probably still rehearsing their "scripts", let's all be patient and wait for their ultimate scapegoat script, that's why it's taking its time, still needs some proof reading. I'm sure it'll be good. I'll be looking forward to the script. Make it good and more believable. :P

PS: Either that^ or this is the worst advertisement scheme I've seen in recent memory unless the intention was to promote flaming and hatefest :P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 07-21-2012 at 01:35 PM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vampinoy For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    I was just wondering, what is the point of making it a "secret" if it were for advertising purposes? If it were a secret, then the entire plan was to deceive people that there are actually more people who has them when it's not the case...was that the ad they were trying to promote, because we all know about the elite items (unless you can't read the patch updates)? Tell me, what good does it do aside from confusing the community?. Was this "advertisement" an excuse for being caught cold in the act, maybe? :P Why didn't they just declare that Saycred did this and that and therefore earns whatever, just like how normal people do? I've never seen a game give recognition on someone's contribution and keep it a secret (until now)...that will then make it a paradox...a secret recognition :P. So...can we all assume that this is "normal" practice for STS? They give "secret" stuff?...was this the first time or was this the first time the got "caught"? :P I say caught because nobody from STS came out clean, not even the "benefactors", it was only when someone "caught" Saycred that they were forced to speak of this as advertisement, etc.? I don't recall reading anything that says Saycred wanted the info out...Did they go out and tell everyone, hey, let's all give Saycred applause, no, the forums had to force the issue first, in fact, we have a responding and somehow teasing the community about the issue, wow, was that part of the advertisement too? Did they plan that a lot of people gets upset and try to force the issue out first before they declare its an advertisement? wow what a breakthrough advertisement, not even Steve Jobs (RIP) can do that...you need to have ability to look into the future to know people will catch your "secret"...oh wait, maybe...the person who discovered the "secret" was part of the act...wow it's just getting more brilliant by the second :P You know...easy to make excuses :P I'm just enjoying analyzing the entire thing, I find it funny how people are buying into this advertisement, and my opinion is not fueled by jealousy, I wouldn't want to be the center of a controversy like this LOL, In my opinion it's just a bunch of people that got busted and now trying to save face...it doesn't make sense, you have three guys designing the "weapons" and got recognized by the forums, had their names imprinted on the weapons, and Saycred's contribution is a secret? (scratches head) major plothole in the script? I also remember Cinco mentioning he doesn't want players to grieve in response to why there's no breakable items in the game...and this secret is obviously causing more than that LOL (plothole again?). You have a staff named after a player (buwanda) but Saycred has to be a secret? It's just filled with plotholes...doesn't hold water...To me, it looks likes someone got caught cold just doing some damage control. Well...good luck with this. They're still rehearsing their "scripts", let's all be patient and wait for their ultimate scapegoat script, that's why it's taking its time, still needs some proof reading. I'm sure it'll be good. I'll be looking forward to the script. Make it good and more believable. :P

PS: Either that^ or this is the worst advertisement scheme I've seen in recent memory unless the intention was to promote flaming and hatefest :P
    Lol one of the best posts in this thread by far

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

18. The Following User Says Thank You to razerfingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    I was just wondering, what is the point of making it a "secret" if it were for advertising purposes? If it were a secret, then the entire plan was to deceive people that there are actually more people who has them when it's not the case...was that the ad they were trying to promote, because we all know about the elite items (unless you can't read the patch updates)? Tell me, what good does it do aside from confusing the community?. Was this "advertisement" an excuse for being caught cold in the act, maybe? :P Why didn't they just declare that Saycred did this and that and therefore earns whatever, just like how normal people do? I've never seen a game give recognition on someone's contribution and keep it a secret (until now)...that will then make it a paradox...a secret recognition :P. So...can we all assume that this is "normal" practice for STS? They give "secret" stuff?...was this the first time or was this the first time they got "caught"? :P This single event gives every player the presumption that another player's "awesome" item is just a gift, who are you to say otherwise? we now have to take photos of every drop we got LOL do you see the ripple effect? :P (unless that's also part of the advertisement lmao). I say caught because nobody from STS came out clean, not even the "benefactors", it was only when someone "caught" Saycred that they were forced to speak of this as advertisement, etc.? I don't recall reading anything that says Saycred wanted the info out...Did they go out and tell everyone, hey, let's all give Saycred applause, no, the forums had to force the issue first, in fact, we have a dev responding and somehow teasing the community about the issue, wow, was that part of the advertisement too? Did they plan that a lot of people gets upset and try to force the issue out first before they declare its an advertisement? wow what a breakthrough advertisement, not even Steve Jobs (RIP) can do that...you need to have ability to look into the future to know people will catch your "secret"...oh wait, maybe...the person who discovered the "secret" was part of the act...wow it's just getting more brilliant by the second :P You know...easy to make excuses :P I'm just enjoying analyzing the entire thing, I find it funny how people are buying into this advertisement, and my opinion is not fueled by jealousy, If this was something like the other previous personalized recognitions (i.e. Buwanda) in the past (that were clean, proper), then yes I'd be jealous, but I wouldn't want to be the center of a controversy like this, no sir, you can have it all. In my opinion it's just a bunch of people that got busted and now trying to save face...it doesn't make sense, you have three guys designing the "weapons" and got recognized by the forums, had their names imprinted on the weapons, and Saycred's contribution is a secret? (scratches head) major plothole in the script? I also remember Cinco mentioning he doesn't want players to grieve in response to why there's no breakable items in the game...and this secret is obviously causing more than that LOL (plothole again?). You have a staff named after a player (buwanda) but Saycred has to be a secret? I don't think anyone would mind the elite Staff names after Saycred if he really did contribute, that's better than this 007-esque method. It's just filled with plotholes...doesn't hold water...To me, it looks likes someone got caught cold just doing some damage control. Well...good luck with this. They're still rehearsing their "scripts", let's all be patient and wait for their ultimate scapegoat script, that's why it's taking its time, still needs some proof reading. I'm sure it'll be good. I'll be looking forward to the script. Make it good and more believable. :P

Now that's a "knock out punch"

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

This thread is so far off topic from the original question it's sad.
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

We are still on topic, which is "elite items". It doesnot matter if we made up a sub topic, "conspiracy surrounding elite items"

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oyeonac View Post
    We are still on topic, which is "elite items". It doesnot matter if we made up a sub topic, "conspiracy surrounding elite items"

Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Sooo...when someone has seen one drop please post here. stay on topic please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrnofunz View Post
    Sooo...when someone has seen one drop please post here. stay on topic please!
    Why don't we make a thread of every valuable item? then we post photos everytime it drops so we know which item is secret? :P That's so fun yehey...let's look for the people that secretly got recognized so we can all start hating on them too...maybe that's what the ad is all about? :P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 07-21-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    So tell me this... Why cant the devs advertise for themselves?

They are making AL and events for Star Legends Dark Legends and Pocket Legends that's a lot of games don't you think?
    When there is too much

Don't forget