Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Undead mask too rare?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

In all fairness I am definately not trying to turn this thread into a flame war, I'm just tired of players complaining all the time.

I was done with this game, and these changes they implemented into the game made me stay and continue playing because the excitement was back. Now people are basically trying to get rid or diminish this excitement because they feel wronged.

That's all. I'm done here.
    Last edited by Takezaki; 07-25-2012 at 05:22 AM.
    Shinrokuro - 16 Twink Warrior..........Takezaki - 26 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Takezaki View Post
    The real issue here I think is people feeling entitled to getting every item in the game. Its a rare vanity, it's a privilege and a very rare one at that, not a right. If you don't agree with the drop rate, stop farming.
    Or, people can provide their feedback and opinions. I don't see the problem with it. I don't see a line of picketers threatening legal action against the company.

I wonder why so many people have problems with others voicing their opinions. Or "complaining" as you like to call it.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

That's politics my friend, because I did not agree with the aforementionned opinions, I just had to voice my disagreement..

And look what happened? They upped the drop rate after said complaints.
    Shinrokuro - 16 Twink Warrior..........Takezaki - 26 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

That's politics my friend, because I did not agree with the aforementionned opinions, I just had to voice my disagreement..

And look what happened? They upped the drop rate after said complaints.
    Quite minimally. Still 5 or 6 more hours for me after the update and no mask.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

In all fairness I am definately not trying to turn this thread into a flame war, I'm just tired of players complaining all the time.

I was done with this game, and these changes they implemented into the game made me stay and continue playing because the excitement was back. Now people are basically trying to get rid or diminish this excitement because they feel wronged.

That's all. I'm done here.
    Most of the excitement turns into annoyance and relief. Farming is fun for maybe...an hour, and then it just becomes annoying.
    Can't blame people for being annoyed with a temporary drop being too rare on a mobile phone game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I can agree with both sides of this debate.
    I too am one of the people who have grinded for hours upon hours 30k + kills with no results.
    I dont think a limited time vanity should be so rare but its too late now to do much about it.
    When I do/if I get the vanity I would be very annoyed if at last few days of event drop rate is raised considerably to the point where everone got the mask. That would make all my hard work and hurt hands a waisted effort.

I think right now is what we all need to do is give cars updated a chance and stop debating this issue. The drop rate was just raised yesterday and like car said event will still be going for a considerable amount of time. Time to get our farming boots back on for a few days then decide wether this issue still needs debate.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mrsberry For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsberry View Post
    I can agree with both sides of this debate.
    I too am one of the people who have grinded for hours upon hours 30k + kills with no results.
    I dont think a limited time vanity should be so rare but its too late now to do much about it.
    When I do/if I get the vanity I would be very annoyed if at last few days of event drop rate is raised considerably to the point where everone got the mask. That would make all my hard work and hurt hands a waisted effort.

I think right now is what we all need to do is give cars updated a chance and stop debating this issue. The drop rate was just raised yesterday and like car said event will still be going for a considerable amount of time. Time to get our farming boots back on for a few days then decide wether this issue still needs debate.
    Wholeheartedly agree. I never meant to imply making it easy. Just a little "less hard". Which Carapace has done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I don't mind farming as long as the maps are fun. I love many aspects of DL (the pvp, costumes, etc) but don't enjoy the 3d missions at all. I think they're all repetitive and boring. I miss the team dynamics of PL. IMO if DL wants to really shine they need to get a crowd control and healing class. I don't think you'd even need separate classes, just add some tank and healing skills and buffs and debuffs. You would also need to supe up the mobs some (but not as much as PL seen we only have 3 in an instance). I've suggested this before but I think if you do this then u should add a pvp and a pve loadout so people don't have to be stuck with tanking or healing skills in pvp.

That's just what I think. I honestly have farmed for things in PL for a lot longer than in DL but DL just seems longer because everything seems the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I don't mind farming as long as the maps are fun. I love many aspects of DL (the pvp, costumes, etc) but don't enjoy the 3d missions at all. I think they're all repetitive and boring. I miss the team dynamics of PL. IMO if DL wants to really shine they need to get a crowd control and healing class. I don't think you'd even need separate classes, just add some tank and healing skills and buffs and debuffs. You would also need to supe up the mobs some (but not as much as PL seen we only have 3 in an instance). I've suggested this before but I think if you do this then u should add a pvp and a pve loadout so people don't have to be stuck with tanking or healing skills in pvp.

That's just what I think. I honestly have farmed for things in PL for a lot longer than in DL but DL just seems longer because everything seems the same.
    Yeah agreed, you wouldn't even need to make new classes...just make the skill tree we have into an actual skill tree. Sure it'll be a very basic skill tree without different classes, but you can at least have routes and options leaning towards pure damage, support and buffs, or a little of both.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Flowman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I'm kinda agreed with berry. It too late for changed.

The mask only worth for you to spend hour and hour to keep farming when it is RARE.
    If this like a rain drop every where and there just like UC marine in SL and overload the auction house. Who will give a F to farming anymore.
    I kinda like this events.
    Few points
    1, Solstice Shard / Star- Not so hard to have one. Hope the speed buff there to stay when events end.
    2, blood blossom- Awesome health regen.
    3, With both 1&2, I don't see a difficulties to farm a new vanities.
    4, new vanities idea. Rare- Snake mask(got 1) medium rare- eagle mask(got 2) and super rare undead(die die will farm one myself. My progress is more than 20hours overall maybe more. Lol. with more than 50kills count- ZERO OR 0)
    5, No time or lazy to farm. Purchase the Druid set. With antler mask too

Kudo to STS for the event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

If the mask werent as cool ... people wont care as much to farm it ... whether it rare or not. Undead looks fantastic.

I'm on both sides of debate, but I wont rehash over reasons cause they have been said already in thread.

I think compromise for next time would be to keep drop rate rare, AND offer it as a plat option. Those that have time and enjoy farming can try to get it to drop, which several us of had it do prior to drop increase. Those that get tired of farming unsuccessfully can buy with plat.

Again, if mask were cool looking I wouldnt care as much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Holy conversation batman... awesome points people are making...we all want it, we all hate it, and the happy medium is.... who knows, but we gotta give a shot to cara's new adjustment. hopefully the time we spend farming is beneficial so people can treasure it a bit more

since cara said that each indavidual has there own loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Everyone has their own loot when running in multiplayer, so no it has no effect on your chances to get a drop or someone else's chance to get a drop.
    p.s. the length of the event is also a LARGE factor...so i guess thats why its an issue for these masks, ppl love instant gratification >.<
    Last edited by octavos; 07-25-2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: grammer, but IDC :p
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Default Undead mask too rare?

It's only about 2 drops per day, instead of the one drop per day. I think it could at least be 3 drops per day. That wouldn't hurt much. But 2 is same as 1.
    "Always Be Yourself"
    "KOI & SP, will always be in my Heart"

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #194
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SexyIsland View Post
    It's only about 2 drops per day, instead of the one drop per day. I think it could at least be 3 drops per day. That wouldn't hurt much. But 2 is same as 1.
    My reply to this idea is buried deep in page 5 or 6 I think but to reiterate, the drop rate has been boosted and I've seen the statistical information go from 1-2 drops a day into a much more reasonable 6-10 a day since the change with some outliers. Roughly 3-4x as likely to drop without making it so common it makes farming unfruitful for the people doing so. This in combination with the length of the event should be a happy medium between those that want to see it remain really rare and those that want their farming to pay off.

My goal here is to create an item of in game value and is special and stands out, and when players obtain it they feel that way. They also will be privy to an item that once the event is over exists in limited enough quantities it circulates within the economy and has a value defined by the populous. Naturally there are opinions on all sides on an argument like this, but my intent with the particular item is currently working as intended with the drop adjustments, and is a scenario that is yet to play out in full.

All of this feedback is incredibly relevant, and I want to thank everyone for their input on the matter. Changes to the mask item in this event beyond what has already been changed are very very slim, but for future events and related items of this nature this kind of feedback will be an invaluable help in creating content that is better and appeals to you, the gamers. I appreciate everyone being patient and understanding as they notice these changes, point out flaws, and as I address applicable problems in a way I deem appropriate for the overall scope of the game as a whole within the intended design for the game.

You guys are the best, and I do it for you!

Thanks again,
    -Cara

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I think that part of the problem (for DL anyways) is that early on the game encouraged the "vanity hoarder ocd behavior" in players and such a rare item will, by it's very definition, not be available to everyone. This frustrates players because it is inconsistent with previous items and players that where intent on having all vanities but have limited time to farm or not the budget to purchase from other players feel like there is an item out there that will "forever break the collection". Makes sense?

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    My reply to this idea is buried deep in page 5 or 6 I think but to reiterate, the drop rate has been boosted and I've seen the statistical information go from 1-2 drops a day into a much more reasonable 6-10 a day since the change with some outliers. Roughly 3-4x as likely to drop without making it so common it makes farming unfruitful for the people doing so. This in combination with the length of the event should be a happy medium between those that want to see it remain really rare and those that want their farming to pay off.

My goal here is to create an item of in game value and is special and stands out, and when players obtain it they feel that way. They also will be privy to an item that once the event is over exists in limited enough quantities it circulates within the economy and has a value defined by the populous. Naturally there are opinions on all sides on an argument like this, but my intent with the particular item is currently working as intended with the drop adjustments, and is a scenario that is yet to play out in full.

All of this feedback is incredibly relevant, and I want to thank everyone for their input on the matter. Changes to the mask item in this event beyond what has already been changed are very very slim, but for future events and related items of this nature this kind of feedback will be an invaluable help in creating content that is better and appeals to you, the gamers. I appreciate everyone being patient and understanding as they notice these changes, point out flaws, and as I address applicable problems in a way I deem appropriate for the overall scope of the game as a whole within the intended design for the game.

You guys are the best, and I do it for you!

Thanks again,
    -Cara
    So i can go to the very very first level in first campaign and farm there amd edventually get a mask from a mob if im lucky? Or does it needa be in a higher level map for higher levels?

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    So i can go to the very very first level in first campaign and farm there amd edventually get a mask from a mob if im lucky? Or does it needa be in a higher level map for higher levels?

he doesn't tell where razer.
    but if I were u I'd farm gallows: dead end.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Alright thanks!

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I have grown to hate this map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I have grown to hate this map
    Lol. me too. I just farm for 15 min at a time tho. I can't stand any longer than that.