Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious Question for Devs about Humania Pinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IanJones View Post
    Well that's a lie Ikungfupanda, I see your stuff listed all over the CS and as other Ikungfu animals. You have a slew of merches and pinks.
    I run with a lot of people that use the forums too, so why would I lie? O.o

My pinks on cs come from merching or selling stuff for guildies. In general, my personal pink drop rate sucks, I don't need to lie about that, it's just a simple fact. That's why I thought it could help to tell you what I do about it, it could've helped you too.

No need to call someone you don't really know a liar based on false observations.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

There are a ton of good other MMOs you should check out. World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, etc. But I am pretty sure you are here just to complain you haven't gotten any good pink drops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Intenze View Post
    There are a ton of good other MMOs you should check out. World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, etc. But I am pretty sure you are here just to complain you haven't gotten any good pink drops.
    This was a paid advertisement by Blizzard.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    This was a paid advertisement by Blizzard.
    LOL, Starcraft 2 is a pretty good game too! (I gotta make my commission)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Everyone has bad days in mmos some more the others doesn't mean you stop paying. Just enjoy the game with friends and you'll be fine!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBox View Post
    Everyone has bad days in mmos some more the others doesn't mean you stop paying. Just enjoy the game with friends and you'll be fine!
    Agreed. Keep paying and eventually you'll be happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

do the morning alterra ritual
    every experienced player knows that if they pray with these words "All Hail Livemau, Savior of Alterra, Penguin Viking Always Fighting, Hes a hot Dude"
    it works for everyone that Lord Livemau decides to bless... Maybe He will bless you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    It's important to know about statistics and how they work. A drop rate isn't a guarantee by any means, and you can't know the drop rate based solely on your own results. For example, if the drop rate is 1%, basically a 1-in-100 chance, there's nothing that says you must get a pink within 100 runs. In fact, you could potentially go a thousand runs without getting one. Think of it as rolling a gigantic 100-sided dice every time you get loot (taking it back to the old D&D days). There are always extremes with statistics too. There are going to be people who get more pinks than the average, and people who get less.

BTW, on this topic a dev won't say anything more than what's already been said.
    I understand the math and statistical analysis behind it, I'm a financial analyst, but I'm just frustrated and had to vent. I'm up to 210 bosses after tonight BTW.
    PL - Snapbax (Lv76 Mage), Ianjones (Lv76 Bear), Supermcnassty (Lv75 Bird)
    SL - Davinci (Lv40 Engineer) / DL - Dhampyr (Lv31 Male) / AL - Drebeast (Lv22 Warrior)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Luck is just bad for you right now.
    I went through a few hundred bosses over the past week, mostly Big Kahuna.
    Last night, I got two pinks in two consecutive runs.

It was better than nothing and great to see the color of pink again, but the two pinks I got were...
    A Hula Dancer Headdress and a Humanian's Tiki Swathe.

Don't quit the game.
    Do another 100 runs and you'll have to see a pink sooner or later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    You think STS literally goes in to each account that spends a lot of money and magically makes their luck better?
    STS wouldn't have to do anything manual for each character but set up a nice algorithm in the system to say for every X amount of $ given to STS, increase a players drop rate by X%. They could adjust this algorithm at any time but they would never have to go player by player and adjust.
    SL - Davinci (Lv40 Engineer) / DL - Dhampyr (Lv31 Male) / AL - Drebeast (Lv22 Warrior)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I run with a lot of people that use the forums too, so why would I lie? O.o

My pinks on cs come from merching or selling stuff for guildies. In general, my personal pink drop rate sucks, I don't need to lie about that, it's just a simple fact. That's why I thought it could help to tell you what I do about it, it could've helped you too.

No need to call someone you don't really know a liar based on false observations.
    I just tried listed my Hula Dancer set (that I bought from the CS originally) and then you, Ikungfupanda, undercut 3 of my items right off the bat. I had to go in a relist them. Where did you get those items from then because you didn't buy mine as the cheapest but you already owned the items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Intenze View Post
    LOL, Starcraft 2 is a pretty good game too! (I gotta make my commission)
    I spent 100s of countless hours on the original Starcraft back in 2000-2002, online too when I used to 'dial-in' to the internet. Man, that was only 10 years ago but seems like forever ago. What a great game! Still got it in the closet with original box and everything. They took forever to make 2, it seems like every year they had more previews but never released it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomad187 View Post

I think you don't understand what merching is. Go to CS, and keep searching, lets say, level 70 gear. You will start seeing times when someone list maybe 20-40% lower than all other similar items. Buy those, and relist as the lowest price by 5%.

Keep doing that and you will have your name all over CS too. And make a lot of gold to boot.
    Arbitrage man, I understand finance and how the economy/CS works. Once again, I'm a financial analyst. Maybe people should add their professions to their signatures so people don't assume everyone on here is a 12 year little punk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

ik how u feel. ;( IDK how they made the drop rate...Im unlucky too even tho i was mostly on thrasher.

GL in the future.
    Find me in game if u r lookin 4 me! :Insecurity/Insecurities/Theinsecurity/Insecureheart
    and..stop callin me "Dude"or"Bro" ... piss me off. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IanJones View Post
    I just tried listed my Hula Dancer set (that I bought from the CS originally) and then you, Ikungfupanda, undercut 3 of my items right off the bat. I had to go in a relist them. Where did you get those items from then because you didn't buy mine as the cheapest but you already owned the items.
    Not trying to flame here, but you claim to be a financial analyst, while you don't seem to comprehend the first thing about plain and simple merching. That's just funny.

Anyway, I'm going to let you rant on and make up stories in your head now

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default .

To get pinks, it's simple.

1. Drink one pint of a lamb's blood (it must be the white furred African lamb, born to a mild-tempered pair of parents)

2. Chant the words "pink in my hand, pink in my hand" 782 times while spinning around in a circle with a rose in each hand.

3. Go to the McDonald's in times square and ask the cashier for the "pocket legends special". She will push a button under the counter, and beckon you through the secret door that opened up.

4. Find the "Golden Relic of luck" hidden on a pillar at the end of the room.

5. Chant "pink,pink,pink" to the tune of "Call me maybe" for 782 days straight while drinking pure concentrated lemon juice every half hour.

6. After all this is said and done, go do some runs and stop whining about the pink drop rate.
    Last edited by undertheradar; 07-26-2012 at 04:07 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to undertheradar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IanJones:724005

I think you don't understand what merching is. Go to CS, and keep searching, lets say, level 70 gear. You will start seeing times when someone list maybe 20-40% lower than all other similar items. Buy those, and relist as the lowest price by 5%.

Keep doing that and you will have your name all over CS too. And make a lot of gold to boot.
    Arbitrage man, I understand finance and how the economy/CS works. Once again, I'm a financial analyst. Maybe people should add their professions to their signatures so people don't assume everyone on here is a 12 year little punk.
    So now you're assuming that I'm assuming you're a 12 year old punk?? Lol. New flash: I don't make assumptions about people I don't know. What you do in RL doesn't really mean ish to me.

You asked a question/vented and people answered. Then you bash them when they answer?? Grow up. If you only want to rely on getting pinks through drops, then so be it, stay frustrated. If you want to learn how to get lots of pink, listen to what the merchants are telling you (or read a help book on dating. Lots of pink that way too).

I personally listed an item for 450k when the lowest was 550k. You could have bought that, and resold it for 530k. Do that a few times, and you'll be able to afford a valuable pink. Now go analyze CS, and learn when something is listed so you too can make money, so you can quit relying on drops.

BTW... I don't know if this makes you feel any better, but yesterday I got the Tiki armor, L70 Sun God Headdress, Ocean Diamond, and a recipe in about 30 run. I won't tell you all the other pinks I bought too.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to nomad187 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Not trying to flame here, but you claim to be a financial analyst, while you don't seem to comprehend the first thing about plain and simple merching. That's just funny.

Anyway, I'm going to let you rant on and make up stories in your head now
    I understand it to a T. But I'm sorry to inform you that my college didn't have a class called 'MMO Merching' in the curriculum so I wasn't able to take it with my major. I had to settle for International Finance and learn triangular arbitrage of foreign currencies to make real money, so have fun with all the PL gold you can handle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So now you're assuming that I'm assuming you're a 12 year old punk?? Lol. New flash: I don't make assumptions about people I don't know. What you do in RL doesn't really mean ish to me.

You asked a question/vented and people answered. Then you bash them when they answer?? Grow up. If you only want to rely on getting pinks through drops, then so be it, stay frustrated. If you want to learn how to get lots of pink, listen to what the merchants are telling you (or read a help book on dating. Lots of pink that way too).

I personally listed an item for 450k when the lowest was 550k. You could have bought that, and resold it for 530k. Do that a few times, and you'll be able to afford a valuable pink. Now go analyze CS, and learn when something is listed so you too can make money, so you can quit relying on drops.

BTW... I don't know if this makes you feel any better, but yesterday I got the Tiki armor, L70 Sun God Headdress, Ocean Diamond, and a recipe in about 30 run. I won't tell you all the other pinks I bought too.
    I'm not bashing anyone that didn't bash me first for venting on the forums. I'm glad you got pinks, I hope everyone else gets pinks in every single run they do too. Flood the market with a surplus of pinks and it'll drag all the prices down and then I'll buy the pieces I need. You are making the assumption that I can't pick of chicks or that I don't already have one, but trust me nomad187 (I'm assuming those numbers mean you are a killer), I've nailed more chicks than you ever will. I'd like to see you in person to see how much of a bad a$$ you are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Seriously guys....this whole thread has now officially degenerated into a trolling, flaming, useless pissing contest.

Give it a rest already.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

24. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post: