Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: a bug noticed with miner's luck in hive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Default a bug noticed with miner's luck in hive

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but i did not see a post that mentions paticular issue i am having.

First bug (i think it is a bug) : having bigger luck antennas equiped or just in inventory at the same time you have miner's luck active is producing a canceling affect. (I.e. 1+1=0). Evidence of this is after several runs in hive when i open chests only received gold items and occasional green items. Possible fix i put bigger luck antennas in my stash ran again several times and loot seemed to be better but this leads to the next bug i believe i am seeing...

Second bug: not sure if miner's luck is actually working for me in the hive map. Previous maps i ran while using miner's luck i would open a chest and 100% of the time would get the re-rolled message with it showing the better loot. In the hive runs while using miner's luck i never see the re-roll message even when i open the chests. So this leads to me believing either a) miner's luck is actually not working in the hive map for me, or b) if it is working we no longer get the re-roll message.

If a dev could please look into this for me and at very least explain why a 100% chance of re-roll elixir is not giving us the re-roll message. I still get greens from mob drops and golds from the chest in hive with miner's luck on but not as often. It seems to me it is working like the +25% reroll chance elixir instead but cannot tell since i do not ever see the reroll message while running in hive.

Uhg.. Help... i do not want to spend any more platinum until i know for sure i do not have some weird combination of items causing the miner's luck not to work properly. Thnx from a pouting pwnie mando.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Do the chests give items higher then green? Also, what level are you? I remember before in SL the items would scale to individual level, and they were no purples / pinks if you were not at the cap for that area, so no amount of rolling would get you above a green.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff:724712
    Do the chests give items higher then green? Also, what level are you? I remember before in SL the items would scale to individual level, and they were no purples / pinks if you were not at the cap for that area, so no amount of rolling would get you above a green.
    I am level 41 and when i rn without elixirs or luck antennas i got an occasional purple armor piece from chest but very rare. Mostly it was gold then green some.

With miner's luck on and no luck antennas in my inventory i get greens and occasional golds and still very rarely see purple from chests. Here is the deal i have never seen a re-roll message either while running hive with the miner's luck elixir( and yes it is the 10 platinum elixir i am referring to before some asks the obvious). Also i get half and half on mob drops between green and purple with elixir as well. So i am sure some how it is not working for me.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I have tested this and the luck antennas do not effect your luck while they are in your inventory.
    Every time I receive an item, the chat says "You have re-rolled for better loot." If you do not see this, try and post as much information as you can for how to reproduce the bug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Mister Bpog I think they are saying that WEARING Bigger Luck and using Luck Elixir means no rerolls.

Which is odd cause I had both on one time and got rerolls. Just that only the Queen can reroll to higher than purple, so if you get a natural purple there will be no reroll message except from Queen who can drop pinks.

I still think Queen should be changed to drop at least one item per person.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

I've recieved two pinks wearing bigger luck and Asteroids luck both at the same time.
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitchturbo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Yep yep i will try again and roll solo and pic capture evry drop in hive. Also will give a total list of inventory and equiped items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I just ran with a miners since te price increase. I got a surplus a-ok from the queen in the hive ON A REROLL!

Ima get a pic. And post. I am livid over this now. This should not happen at all!

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Here it is a picture is worth a thousand words. I spent 40 plat (2 miners) to get a picture of it.
    This was saving the queen for last in the hive. Read the drops. A white should not be possible on a reroll.
    This happened with miners and wearing bigger luck (you can see the clovers atop the return to base box) the last guy also got a crappy white but not rerolling. Maybe it was a free daily or multi.
    Last edited by KillaSkillz; 07-26-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Miners isnt needed for surplus drops...No one in this group had any sort of enhancer...

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  702.3 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Thats what I was thinking grackle. Probably whites dropped without enhancer, But on a reroll white should upgrade. And at level 41, does anyone think a level 10 surplus white is an appropriate drop item?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I dont think anything but the new weapons should drop in this map with the exception of the stuff that comes from the chests...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ozuyucalebam View Post
    I dont think anything but the new weapons should drop in this map with the exception of the stuff that comes from the chests...
    Yeah I get like Mark VI Arms or something lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default a bug noticed with miner's luck in hive

I've run the hive three times now with Miners luck, all the way to the queen I get appropriate rerolls. But at the queen I've gotten a grey trash item rerolled up to a white surplus a-ok. This seems to be happening to more than just me.

I've a level 40 Operative. Should be getting better than a lvl 10 item.

I won't be shelling out any more platinum for elixirs until this is fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

The drop table has been changed at the queen. Before you had a chance of not recieving a drop at all. Now it has been changed to recieve a drop although it is very low end items.

In reguards to my problem with miner's luck it is now working properly for and i am unable to reproduce the problem i was having yesterday and day before. If happens again i will get pics for you but for now the issue seems to have been corrected as now i can see the re-roll message in the chat box. Yeaaaa!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I get it, they are trying to make it so everybody gets something, that's a good idea.

Honestly I would prefer to get nothing than to get a level 10 surplus. It is too low for my level, has no sale value and scraps or almost nothing. My guess is there is no yellow in the loot table which is why it rerolls the lowest when it should reroll up with the miners. Why level 10 trash, on a map that starts at L36+ unless it was an error that was made?

Wish there was more developer feedback in SL, like there is in DL forum. Then we would have an idea of what's going on.

A dev response is like getting a vanity drop around here LOL!