Thread: ***RAWR!!: A Comprehensive Analysis of Strength Sets: AO3 to Humania***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Fluff raises a good point, balance is so much more difficult in this game because of how entangled everything is - hybrid specs and twinks most especially.

I don't know if it's in place yet, but a possible way to segregate twinking from end-game balance is a required character level for a certain skill level, so you don't get level 10s maxing out one particular buff. Then you can scale the game better.

Are buffs even in percentages yet? I remember that I pointed out before that buffs should be made into percentage increases rather than fixed values to also separate twinks from end-game, no idea how that worked out.

Good luck though!

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Fluff raises a good point, balance is so much more difficult in this game because of how entangled everything is - hybrid specs and twinks most especially.

I don't know if it's in place yet, but a possible way to segregate twinking from end-game balance is a required character level for a certain skill level, so you don't get level 10s maxing out one particular buff. Then you can scale the game better.

Are buffs even in percentages yet? I remember that I pointed out before that buffs should be made into percentage increases rather than fixed values to also separate twinks from end-game, no idea how that worked out.

Good luck though!
    So you don't think raising gear equipping requirements would help stop the hybrids? I look at Copperhead sets as an example: pure strength bears can get around 99% hit and the sets are very well balanced. I don't know that I have ever seen a Copper pally and few warbirds.

Skills were raised to 7. Only 66 and above can respec to 7 so twinking is still the same. Bears are able to max out all skills except for the slashes and will have them all maxed at the next update except for one. And no, percentages were not added to them. Skills are still based on your attributes.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr