Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Gold Sink Ideas

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lady_Pebbles

Default Gold Sink Ideas

Since its hella easy to get gold in game we really need some gold sinks that are not completely useless. Here are some of my ideas...

Elixirs

With the recent news of Luck being removed in the near future, I hope they keep the other buffs in these elixir combo packs. However, I think it would also be very beneficial to replace the luck with the HP regen buff we get with Blood Blossoms (when tossed in the bonfire). As long as they keep the effects of these buffs to strictly PvE then it shouldn't be an issue. It is a great gold sink and plat sink idea imo!

Auction House

Taxes - Another gold sink is... When we put up an item for sale, we would be taxed a certain amount of gold for the transaction (purchase). The buyer would purchase an item and the tax would go directly into the system while the rest goes to the sellers. I think 2% each would suffice. Maybe even 3% but anything higher might just be a tad much. We can all still make a nice profite of our sales while attempting this economic balance (perse?).

Individual Shops

I was thinking, it would be nice to be able to open up private shops for a fee. For example, in other MMOs they have the option of selecting an item in the inventory and a "put in shop" option. We can name the shops whatever we want (as long as it follows the TOS of course). The name would be under the titles of our characters in a different color, to let people know they have a shop up. Once our characters are selected, they can view and purchase the items directly from the shop. Maybe start off with 10 slots and purchase more slots with gold (not plat). This could allow us to be in runs and just select a player's name to buy something from their shop without waiting on them to accept a trade. Or while they are AFK in the Vampire District. Also, the 2%/3% tax idea from the AH above could also be used in these shops.

Plat & Taxes

If players want to have the taxes removed for a while and just wheel in the profits, they could get 15 to 20 plat to remove the taxes for a week. 40 plat for two weeks, 50 for a month etc.

Why plat? Because the point of all this is to have good gold sinks that benefit everyone. Don't wanna get taxed, use plat to get out of it while still using your shops and the AH or use the trading system!

Bundles & Weapons

Just like the Nightshadow was once sold for plat, it is now sold for gold. We can have bundles (outfits & weapons) sold for gold as well. Maybe even allow us to upgrade the regular pink weapons (or gold weapons) to be upgraded for a fee via gold as well. Same for plat gear, allow those to be upgraded via plat or gold (prefer gold but since we paid plat to get them, then might as well be plat).

Types of Vanities

Lets face it everyone loves vanities so how about we get more different types? Like vanities for weapons & more gem vanities.

Character Customizations

We got ways to change the hair and some makeup but it would also be nice if we had more options to choose from. More colors & hairstyles... Facial expressions... Ability to change colors of eyes, pick a nose, etc.

8-5-12 | Changed the plat prices in rhe Plat & Taxes section. The prices before were too low in my opinion.

7-29-12 | Elaborated a bit more on the tax idea to clear things up a bit. Also added the fact that the taxes idea in AH could be used in the IS (individual shops) too.

7-28-12 | Added the idea to sell bundles and more weapons for gold. Also a possible idea to upgrade weapons and more types of vanities.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 08-05-2012 at 01:57 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post: