Thread: Am I missing a bigger experience?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Am I missing a bigger experience?

Before you flame me, PLEASE understand where I am coming from. I played Pocket Legends for over a year and I think Spacetime is a very good company. I'm not just looking to complain. It's because I have high expectations from Spacetime that I keep thinking I'm missing aspects of Dark Legends that will make it more enjoyable. I appreciate anyone taking the time to address or correct my observations. Thank you!

-Fighting/grouping. I always choose multiplayer, but about 85% of the time I'm alone (other than Kriegberg). I'm not able to try to pvp area either, because there have never been other players there when I've tried. I joined a guild, hoping to group with guild members, but I can't find an option for guild chat or a way to invite guildies to join me in a zone.

-Loot. There is an incredible sameness to the loot, with slight stat boosts each level. no procs, no unique stats, etc.

-Vanity Drops and Shards. I'm now level 24 and I've never looted either, ever. Am I doing something wrong?

-Vanity Items/Fashion Show/Peacocking. I really don't get this aspect of the game. What does buying a raver hat and earning the Raver achievement do for you anyway? Is it just a status thing? If it is, do players really stand around admiring each other's outfits?

-Yes, they do. I see tons of players standing around chatting, but few fighting. What's up with that?

-Auctions. As I said, there's a sameness to the loot,with only graphics differing and it seems even the best items are reasonably cheap. It seems the option to buy and sell vanity items, the most unique things in the game, hasn't been activated yet. Maybe that's why so many people stand around messaging the clothes they have for sale?
    The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gladeye For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

For loot, unless you are using an elixir, its somewhat rare to get those drops. And for peacocking, there is no armor like in PL so the vanities are a way to change how you look. And I also have the same problem with multiplayer but i just wait and if no one joins i solo it. they should add a browse levels option though, to prevent this
    To view this information you need a Spacetime Studios® Gold™ Account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

your observations are spot on. These are what i see as the problems with DL also. If you think about it as an extremely casual multi player game where there no extreme challenge, where you can just stand around and talk and click a couple buttons and level up, then it is ok.

It is NOT PL or SL. So if you prefer PL or SL game play, remember to support those games more, otherwise they all could easily disappear or be turned into a DL super casual game.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I think DL started pretty slow, but they are tweaking it and adding nice incentives to make this game enjoyable.

I was really bored of this game and ready to quit after hitting the first level 21 elite cap, but since they added Vanities and Rare drops I have a reason to stick around and enjoy playing again.
    Shinrokuro - 16 Twink Warrior..........Takezaki - 26 Warrior

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gladeye View Post
    -Fighting/grouping. I always choose multiplayer, but about 85% of the time I'm alone (other than Kriegberg). I'm not able to try to pvp area either, because there have never been other players there when I've tried. I joined a guild, hoping to group with guild members, but I can't find an option for guild chat or a way to invite guildies to join me in a zone.
    The maps are quick, easy, and short. It is not like PL or SL that has long involved dungeons. Why group with others when I can clear something equivalently fast and not have my gold split with you. Other than PVP, this game has zero sense of community, unless you wanna talk in the bar or work the economy, which is meh. Couldn't be happier that SL is up at bat for new content. It destroys DL in every area that makes a MMO a MMO.

-Loot. There is an incredible sameness to the loot, with slight stat boosts each level. no procs, no unique stats, etc.
    PL does the best with loot. SL suffers a bit of the DL homogenization of loot. All non-plat loot is the same stats, minus what you get from the modifier (atk,def,hp). It basically feels like another gem slot to me. The difference in weapon type means very little. It's pick ya favorite pokey thing all vanity style. The plat weapons are basically the same. Just look prettier. This game is 90% be the prettiest peacock with your choice of vanity and weapon graphics. All the stat uniqueness is watered down. Since everyone has the same skill tree, no class system, the homogenization is amplified even further.

-Vanity Drops and Shards. I'm now level 24 and I've never looted either, ever. Am I doing something wrong?
    Vanity in SL seems a bit rarer, so do the pinks. Vanity is not easy to come by in DL, so just keep chuggin at it and pray. Pinks are about a 2% drop rate, minus any shenanigans with the code some of us feel exists in the background. Pinks more common in DL than in PL or SL. Vanity seems more common in DL than in SL also. Patience or farm cash.

-Vanity Items/Fashion Show/Peacocking. I really don't get this aspect of the game. What does buying a raver hat and earning the Raver achievement do for you anyway? Is it just a status thing? If it is, do players really stand around admiring each other's outfits?
    Only weapons show up. There is no armor you're wearing, just gems. I feel this is a huge huge huge gargantuan problem with DL, but meh, no one's listening. All your esthetic uniqueness is from vanity and the achievement system is there to get the OCD to use their gold sink or buy the plat outfits. Outfit achievements exist for no other reason. GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!

-Yes, they do. I see tons of players standing around chatting, but few fighting. What's up with that?
    This game is crazy chat room social cause if you don't pvp, the pve game is so monumentally easy, quick, and watered down... what else ya gonna do? PVE and lack of diversity to the equipment are DL's largest problems.

With all that being said:
    Where DL excels the most is with PVP. Now, this does suffer from more homogenization since everyone uses the same skills more or less. Lack of a class system was a major $&*& move. But that sameness aside, the PVP is really fantastic. Now if only they could conquer the recent lag problem that plagues PVP, perhaps I'd start killing people again.

DL is a doll dress up game wrapped around very very weak PVE that does not in the slightest promote community with your fellow player, with same loot, same skill spec, small choice in gem diversity, same same same same as everyone else.

If you don't like to pvp, stick with SL or PL. I hate saying that cause I really like the potential DL has/had. But the lack of classes, lack of differentiated skills, lack of armor (gems instead), quick 60 second maps, and super strong dumb dumb emphasis on vanity really hurts this game. If I am not killing you in CTF or DM, you don't exist to me as I'm chilling in my ghall to avoid spam and the randoms who wanna cyber in the bar. And since these are pretty core things, I sincerely doubt they are going away.

I look forward to what they will add in the second expansion for this game when levels are upped to 30(31). Like the energy system, perhaps more sweeping change to the positive is on the horizon.

Please update SL.
    bark bark bark
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Xaphan Fox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I like casual. It's a nice change of pace. Not everyone necessarily wants to (or can) hover in a corner over their device ignoring phone calls grinding a game for hours every day (yeah I've done that but I have other things to do as well). It's a great game on mobile. Quick and fun MMO action. You can actually play it on the go. If it's too casual for some players, then there are always star and pocket legends as alternative options. I play all three, and I've grown to like Dark Legends as much as my experiences with other STS titles because this game is simply different. I love that I can go back and play any campaign and it still be relevant regardless of my level. Coins, XP, loot, and mobs adjust to your level making this game less redundant and repetitive when trying to level or gear up. I hope this particular aspect of design carries over to Arcane legends. Also, I've grown to really enjoy PvP in this game. I think it has potential as content is added and the different skill paths continue to branch out like a tree. Added skills down the line will take away from the sameness in gameplay that is a common complaint about this game. And as far as everyone looking the same in appearance, well, each class in the other two titles is afflicted with the same issue (in accordance to lvl) it just doesn't seem as bad in comparison because there are three different classes to look at. Everyone looks the same in PL and SL too...heck, I think we are all the same gender in PL. Anyway, I think it is great STS is trying to create content for a broader audience. Sometimes people may want an MMO like experience that doesn't eat up a significant portion of their time and DL fulfills that desire. I personally don't have the time that I used to have to play games for hours on end, and I love that DL is a decent game that casually dips into a genre of gaming I enjoy without feeling in over my head.

AL - Frostine: Sorcerer | | | PL - Frostine: Ench (70)