Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bear is insanely OP at current endgame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Exclamation Bear is insanely OP at current endgame.

Was talking with Kelly and Bless yesterday.
    I shared some comments about why bears are pretty OP this cap.

- This cap maintains Bear's high dodge and armor.
    Dodge and armor is still pretty annoying, but we had that during Fang cap and bears were not insanely OP then.

- This cap Bears have pretty high hit rate.
    I think Saycred's bear has 116% hit rate.
    Bears should have never had over 100% hit rate in PvP.

- Bears have VERY increased damage this cap.
    I've seen bears do over 400+ crits to Wand Mages.
    I think Waldo's bear did a 410 crit with Beckon.

It seems like Beckon, Stomp, Debuff, Stun and it's over for mages.
    Reason of why Bears are more OP now is that Repulse and Firestorm are almost always dodged by bears.
    Birds and Bears no longer have the potential to kite.

I know Mage has been pretty OP the last few caps, but at least we haven't been able to walk around a whole PvP map tanking hits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I have to kite beckons on my mage in order to survive.

Usual beckon vs a bear = instea death for me even with mana shield on.

Maybe they should nerf the stats on the 1 hand mace a bit so it would balance out with the 2hand swords.

From what I see no one really uses 2hand weps in pvp.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

You obviously did not read my thread. Here are some facts:

1. Have to be dual (str/dex) to have a high hit%. Before this cap, it was AO3 since we last had this. Having this setup decreases skill damage. Only class who can't play as pure.
    2. Speaking of decreased skill damage, we easily have the lowest skill damage in game. Stomp and SMS barely go over 400 (on high end). Most bird and mage skills (w/o crit) have damage well over 500 and some in the 600 range.
    3. Dodge is lower this cap than it was in Mt. Fang. Armor may be high, but last I checked, wand mages arent far behind.
    4. Mages now have over 120 crit when buffed.... really???

I believe the term overpowered, or OP, is widely misused. Are bears strong? Yes. But to say a bear is overpowered is not factual. With the debuffs mages and birds have, our hit goes down rapidly. As a pure strength bear, 79% is the highest hit achieved and that is with a mecha face and 2% hit ring. Also, the fact that "Heal" clears all debuffs for a mage (birds and bears don't have this), makes it where, when timed correctly, a bear is left swinging as a mage can fire away while we wait for cooldown.

Also, please remember that a small majority of players pvp. The vast majority pve and a low hit% makes a bear useless when trying to perform crowd control when xp grinding and farming. Does not make for fun tanking and and causes alot of bears to be booted from games when beckon does not land.

Need to be a little more open-minded when looking at the issues. Big picture not small screenshot.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    You obviously did not read my thread. Here are some facts:

1. Have to be dual (str/dex) to have a high hit%. Before this cap, it was AO3 since we last had this. Having this setup decreases skill damage. Only class who can't play as pure.
    2. Speaking of decreased skill damage, we easily have the lowest skill damage in game. Stomp and SMS barely go over 400 (on high end). Most bird and mage skills (w/o crit) have damage well over 500 and some in the 600 range.
    3. Dodge is lower this cap than it was in Mt. Fang. Armor may be high, but last I checked, wand mages arent far behind.
    4. Mages now have over 120 crit when buffed.... really???

I believe the term overpowered, or OP, is widely misused. Are bears strong? Yes. But to say a bear is overpowered is not factual. With the debuffs mages and birds have, our hit goes down rapidly. As a pure strength bear, 79% is the highest hit achieved and that is with a mecha face and 2% hit ring. Also, the fact that "Heal" clears all debuffs for a mage (birds and bears don't have this), makes it where, when timed correctly, a bear is left swinging as a mage can fire away while we wait for cooldown.

Also, please remember that a small majority of players pvp. The vast majority pve and a low hit% makes a bear useless when trying to perform crowd control when xp grinding and farming. Does not make for fun tanking and and causes alot of bears to be booted from games when beckon does not land.

Need to be a little more open-minded when looking at the issues. Big picture not small screenshot.

I read your post and although you have solid points, its no secret now on the massive dodge and damage a bear can do. Here is some clarification on your points.

1. Although you have to be dual, str sets now adds hit percent, which means str classes have to sacrafice less dex points and and can now put more points into their main skill which is why bears are hitting mages and birds 400+.

2. bears already have the highest dodge, armor, and now damage(crafted mace gives more damage then lonbow and wand), which in-turn further increases the damage a bear does in skill. with a bears hit percemt at 110% all enemies are in for a real big surprise when that beckon stomp hits. I dont think any class should be a tank machine and a damage machine.

3. Bears now reach a peak of 80-82 dodge. that means less than 1 out of my 4 skills will hit you. this makes it impossible to perform combos and kite. Add this with 800 hp, 41 reg more then 300 armor and you have immortality.

4. Yes mages now have 110 crit, but that makes no difference then having 100 crit from last cap. Bears are on the verge of breaking 80 crit. so that makes 82 dodge with 70-76crit. I like that a whole lot better then a mages 100 crit 25 dodge. (dodge is way more important then crit because you cant crit what u cant hit).

All in all i dont think the problems are bears. I think its the sets. pallies and bears are almost immortal in ctf. Birds suck even more now then before. Damage base sets (staff,2h weapons, longbows) are absolutely terrible. Bears were very usefull in 55 cap for pve. So i dont see why they had to change everything around. These new sets imho are op. not the classes. they need to nerf all these high numbers so pvp and pve can involve more skill rather then just luck. this is why level 55 sewer days were the glory days for pocket legends.
    Last edited by kellylita; 07-29-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

says the over powered mages or should i say ex-overpowered

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Livemau For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Bears are a bit OP I can't seem to land any hits. Actually with the right tactic I can take a full vanity, and crafted bear down. But still they be strong.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Op bear says the op mage?

Work on your skills man bears are not op... you guys just got lazy using Lilith's

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fncrazy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fncrazy:728620
    Op bear says the op mage?

Work on your skills man bears are not op... you guys just got lazy using Lilith's
    We're not OP.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

One mage hit a 743 crit on me...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nihiliste For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saool View Post
    We're not OP.
    You know how to make me laugh

In my opinion most mages have gotten rather lazy with the Lilith and angel gear. I don't even try on my level 66 Mage and I won versus level 70 set bird

A good bear is tough for me. Birds aren't really getting an advantage and atleast mages aren't OP anymore
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Mages- Extremely impossibly!! (No lie they kill ya in 2 hits)
    Bears- meh.. i cant say
    Birds- well... just make sure you are full dex (unlike me -_-)

Jugernuget:Guess: 576

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

How bout going to str then? If you did a mage with str then you would be like a bear. As I read its the gear, so why not switch and get the gear? If you can't beat Em join em
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

i can kill some angelic birds with my 61 mage(lilith wand set) and i suck with mage
    i agree, mages just got to used to being OP that when this adjusted the need some more practice

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    How bout going to str then? If you did a mage with str then you would be like a bear. As I read its the gear, so why not switch and get the gear? If you can't beat Em join em
    I did exactly this. As a pally i have 102 hit, 46 dodge, 100 crit! Amazing stats. Does well against all classes. In ctf itll take 2-3 toons to take me down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

so its more like the demonic days, (mace set was best then right?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

@Kelly - I understand your logic. However, bears are the only class who are at their worst when playing pure. Strength sets should get better because they are geared towards bears. However, as I said before, a pure strength bear with Mecha face, 2% hit ring, and added hit% from new sets still ONLY hit 79%. One missed beckon = death. If you look at my guide on strength sets, there is not much difference between Crafted Orlok and Sand Walker.

Also, bears may have 300+ armor buffed, but pallies have that plus a mana shield.

Plus, I saw you in towne as a pally. Of course your gonna have a hard time killing bears because your not maximizing your class.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I say pure dex birds op as my pally lvl68 gets two shoted
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    @Kelly - I understand your logic. However, bears are the only class who are at their worst when playing pure. Strength sets should get better because they are geared towards bears. However, as I said before, a pure strength bear with Mecha face, 2% hit ring, and added hit% from new sets still ONLY hit 79%. One missed beckon = death. If you look at my guide on strength sets, there is not much difference between Crafted Orlok and Sand Walker.

Also, bears may have 300+ armor buffed, but pallies have that plus a mana shield.

Plus, I saw you in towne as a pally. Of course your gonna have a hard time killing bears because your not maximizing your class.
    Read my above post to understand why i was trying out pally. There is a HUGE difference between crafted orlok and sand god sets. The difference is the added hit percent. With this 12 added hit percent i can put extra points in my main skill instead of wasting it on dex. Doing this gives a huge damage boost to your toon and still 100+ hit percent.

As for bears having 79 hit as a bear w/ full str is completely pointless because they dont need to be full str to dominate pvp. As a hybrid they are owning all ctf games and doing insane damage. thats like me saying i suck as a hybrid so why are bears the only good hybrid class?? ( which is true, mages suck as hybrids compared to full int).

I forsee every class using str sets this cap. This will be awful for pvp because as we all know bear vs bear fights are really boring so imagine pally vs pally, bear v pally, pally v warbird etc. Pvp for level 70 may die out with all these high numbers.
    Last edited by kellylita; 07-29-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    If it were the gear, we'd have intbirds running around killing people in one hit.

However, I get where you're coming from. It does seem like str mages and birds have a better chance vs a str bear. But int bears and birds vs int mages :/ lol
    Last edited by Dynastu; 07-29-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kellylita View Post
    Read my above post to understand why i was trying out pally.

As for bears having 79 hit as a bear w/ full str is completely pointless because they dont need to be full str to dominate pvp. As a hybrid they are owning all ctf games and doing insane damage. thats like me saying i suck as a hybrid so why are bears the only good hybrid class?? ( which is true, mages suck as hybrids compared to full int).

I forsee every class using str sets this cap. This will be awful for pvp because as we all know bear vs bear fights are really boring so imagine pally vs pally, bear v pally, pally v warbird etc. Pvp for level 70 may die out with all these high numbers.
    Why do bears want to be full strength? Because as I've said three times now, our skills are decreased as dual. Just like all the classes. And again, PVP is a very small portion of PL. PVE is much more prevalent and cannot be ignored. The same arguments were made about Demonic and Crafted Orlok and PVP survived. It will this cap as well.