Thread: Playing On Droid3 Trying To Get PC Game To Work - Hello!! :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Playing On Droid3 Trying To Get PC Game To Work - Hello!! :-)

Hey,

New player here, (probably obvious considering where you're reading this ) love the game so far and I'm about 12 levels in.

I've been playing on my phone and its great but my phone gets so darn hot I thought I'd play on my desktop when the phone gets too hot but all I get is an endless loop of errors from connection, to disconnection, until I finally get a msg. saying "server is down for maintenance".

I'm gong to post the details in the correct forum just thought I'd mention it so you guys know why I only play 45min to an hour or so at a time (phone gets too hot to play any longer than that).

Just don't want you guys to think I'm one of those players that jumps in w/ a group just to beat the quest and once I get the credit leave you hanging. Thats why I want to get the PC version working so it doesn't happen anymore.

My GN is Malial and I look forward to grinding and lvling with you guys day in and day out Once I can figure out how to play on my PC that is...
    Last edited by GamerX52; 08-09-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: forgot something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

THIS IS NOT A JOKE NOT A TROLL
    i had similar problems so i bought a 100ft long cord off ebay for like 8 dollars (US) and it directly connects your computor to the router giving u fast internet without the dcs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

My Droid 2 Global does the same thing. Fortunately, I have a tablet as well, so I just alternate.

Pocket Legends is just very demanding on the GPU...not much can be done about that.

As for the PC, try uninstalling the Chrome Extension and reinstalling it. I don't have any issues with PL on the PC, so it sounds like configuration is a little wonky.

I can say that if you don't have a respectable GPU (integrated or discrete) and the drivers aren't up-to-date, you can't take advantage of hardware based acceleration, so you will experience a ton of lag and the CPU will be pegged at or near 100% all the time.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Try turning on pixel double if overheating continues to be an issue. That option will reduce the demand on the GPU so it should run a bit cooler.

All pixel double does is render the screen in a lower resolution and stretches the frame to fill the screen. Probably cuts the GPU usage by ~30% which may help with the temperatures.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained