Thread: Combat Advantage mechanic suggestion

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Default Combat Advantage mechanic suggestion

I would like to suggest a new mechanic that can be added to the game in order make combat more engaging and fun. The Mechanic it is called Combat Advantage that increases the amount of damage dealt to an enemy when you have an advantageous position, namely when you and an ally are on opposite sides of the enemy.

If the Combat Advantage will be visually represented by an indicator displayer at your enemy's feet or you feet if the Combat Advantage it is applied against you.
    If the Combat Advantage will be applied by you and at least one of your ally, the indicator will turn blue allowing you to see from whitch position the Combat Advantage is applied to your target.
    If the Combat Advantage will be applied to you, the blue indicator will be instead red and will show up on your feed allowing you to see from whitch direction the Combat Advantage is applied.

This mechanic will allow people to take additional decissions when they enter in combat and will allow parties to develop new strategies to maximize the damage output and keep themselves alive at the same time.
    In adition to this mechanic I would also suggest a new awakening bonus that will increase the bonus dealt from an Advantageous Position by a small amount.

There is a brief display of the indicator and positioning. I would also like to point out that the indicator will always display the direction of the Combat Advantage and the radius of the Combat Advantage will be 30 degrees.

Name:  dfgdff.png
Views: 63
Size:  455.4 KB

Let me know what you think in the comments bellow.
    Thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hriv For This Useful Post:

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Good idea.

---------------

you detailed the mechanic but not where exactly an advantagous position is... or why it should be applied.

..a combat advantage should be applied when we are behind an enemy?

with reference to backstabs <- i think rogues should get that. [damage]

mages should get it when ....?......?......?.... & it will buff allies in some way / get increased dodge etc [not damage]

warrior should get this advantage when they are surrounded by many enemies/ being attacked by 5 or more. [bonus hp/crit + basic attacks stun]

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I think you didn't read my post. Otherwise you wouldn't ask. I'll quote " Combat Advantage that increases the amount of damage dealt to an enemy when you have an advantageous position, namely when you and an ally are on opposite sides of the enemy." Each class gets it the same way. It is not related to feats, skills, or class specific mechanic. It is a global feature mechanic that is applied in PVP/PVE when you face an enemy and an ally sits on the opposite side. So the target should be always in middle between you and your ally. Your ally position tictates the position you should take in order to gain the Combat Advantage. Like in the picture ai ve posted above.

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

o ok yeah that works,. seems simple to add.

idk why i couldnt read that b4. strange

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki