Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming changes, the future of the game economy, and the removal luck

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I've seen a gold nerf like this in another game I've played. The end result was the 'veteran' players who had an opportunity to stockpile gold and good drops held onto their earnings, keeping a tight hold on the auction market. Meanwhile new players that joined the game struggled to earn gold and needed to grind a lot to meet the demands that people were asking regarding items for auction should they decide to give up farming for them. Of course an item is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay, but from my experience people tend to drive a hard bargain and others will eventually cave and grind for gold (or buy), thus making the already rich people richer. I'm assuming vanities will enter the auction house at some point. Those seems to be where the money is. I think it is doubtful current pinks will really ever increase in value due to the fact that so many people have them. I've never used a luck elix and I have a bunch of weapons even still. We won't truly feel the full impact of this change until the lvl cap is increased and new items and maps are introduced. I'm going to guess that by Halloween it will be quite the grindfest. By then we will probably have new content and I assume Halloween would be a big event given the genre of this game. Generally from what I've seen in games gold nerfs are never well received even by those who have stockpiled. What people tend to feel more comfortable with is the introduction of gold sinks. Perhaps more chance weapon bundles that can be purchased with gold...that sort of thing. I know the idea is for the devs to make a profit, but with the introduction of gold sinks rather than nerfs people may still feel compelled to use plat to buy gold...it still draws a compulsive behavior that you're probably looking for out of your players thus real money spent on the game. Just some thoughts...

AL - Frostine: Sorcerer | | | PL - Frostine: Ench (70)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frostine For This Useful Post: