Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The 7day Exp Elixer renewed?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Not sure how or why STS would do something like this, but I'd like to assume it was a mistake that has since been played off as a purposeful move. We are all aware that the devs at Spacetime don't do deadlines; and with good reason, I cannot recall the last time a new content patch went out on a Friday that was bug free.

As I understand it; yes I was omitted from the special group of kids to be rewarded with 80p per toon, these select accounts got a free 7 day elixir and we have yet to hear a reasonable explanation as of now. Just taking a quick glance at the graciousness of this move is quite staggering, I know of one player who was blessed with double xp on 19 of his toons (this is the most extreme case I've heard to date). Now for those who have multiple toons you know that not all will enjoy the benefits, some are xp locked while others are capped but no matter because they all get it. So that's 19*80p=1,520p or over one thousand and five hundred free plat for this random individual. Compare that to some of the STS contests:

Having 19 toons is the equivalent of winning all the PL contest combined, basically having 2 toons earns an awardee the privileged of getting more free plat than most STS events without even having to compete, and anyone who has 7 or more wins the grand prize of more than any PL plat giveaway in history (SL had the Player Video Guide Event). So when players are saying it's a unfair, there is basis for that statement. I get that STS is allowing certain users to test out new products before they hit the market, but the 7 day elixir had already been in available for a full week before this patch went live on Pocket Legends 2.0.0 Update (95487). That seems like a long enough testing period to me, players who purchased it had time enough for them to expire.

If the idea was to test it's "effectiveness for user engagement," why not give it to everyone, make it toon specific for those who are at L70 or even give it to players who have failed to log in for a few days but were once very active players? If it was a calculated move, I'd at least like to know why these and not those. I have yet to find any common thread between players who were granted the elix and those who weren't, but to be honest I've spent less time in PL than ever.

Disclaimer:
    Please don't hit me with the obligatory U Jelly meme or make accusations, fact is I'm not even sure if I had got one if it would have increased my play time anyway. I play about 5+ min daily, for the Vincent special and to finish off the run that my elixir timed out in. That's pretty much it, maybe some random chat time with an old friend but otherwise, in and out in 10 min flat.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 08-05-2012 at 11:40 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin:736573
    Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    Well i snapped an bought the friggin 7day best thing ive done, i guess, i went from 51k to 59.5k in a hour and half with gold pots.

I see you monarch helm..i see you
    So 8.5k in 1.5h with 2x + 1.5x... that's pretty good actually
    Yes nothin but gold pots BUT you got to run with people who know what there doin i also ran with a thrasher and another tgrasher occasionally but it wasnt full thrasher and i used the 7k pots alot to help out, but the key is just players who know what there doin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Another conspiracy, there's been a big switch-a-roo, I thought "this" will give me another chance to "cry" (I was so excited...oh well) but STS made sure I was on the other side this time around ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess it's "your" turn now :P I'll be watching from the sidelines :P Good luck, make it good *Gets popcorn*. I'm leveling up one of my low level twink to 71 (in less than a day thanks to this) using this "SPECIAL reward" (thanks STS) awarded "ONLY" to "SELECTED players"...will my xp gets rolled back? Let's find out :P Excited much.

PS: I'll definitely play more now because of this (turns off PC) :P Awesome marketing move!
    Last edited by vampinoy; 08-06-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Yeah, this testing "effectiveness for user engagement" story totally sounds like bs to me. It seems like a mistake and they're just trying to play it off. I'm thinking that a patch goes out Monday removing the elixirs that were accidentally given.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Yeah, this testing "effectiveness for user engagement" story totally sounds like bs to me. It seems like a mistake and they're just trying to play it off. I'm thinking that a patch goes out Monday removing the elixirs that were accidentally given.
    Mistake with an e-mail? That's one too many mistakes for a mistake :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Not sure how or why STS would do something like this, but I'd like to assume it was a mistake that has since been played off as a purposeful move. We are all aware that the devs at Spacetime don't do deadlines; and with good reason, I cannot recall the last time a new content patch went out on a Friday that was bug free.

As I understand it; yes I was omitted from the special group of kids to be rewarded with 80p per toon, these select accounts got a free 7 day elixir and we have yet to hear a reasonable explanation as of now. Just taking a quick glance at the graciousness of this move is quite staggering, I know of one player who was blessed with double xp on 19 of his toons (this is the most extreme case I've heard to date). Now for those who have multiple toons you know that not all will enjoy the benefits, some are xp locked while others are capped but no matter because they all get it. So that's 19*80p=1,520p or over one thousand and five hundred free plat for this random individual. Compare that to some of the STS contests:

Having 19 toons is the equivalent of winning all the PL contest combined, basically having 2 toons earns an awardee the privileged of getting more free plat than most STS events without even having to compete, and anyone who has 7 or more wins the grand prize of more than any PL plat giveaway in history (SL had the Player Video Guide Event). So when players are saying it's a unfair, there is basis for that statement. I get that STS is allowing certain users to test out new products before they hit the market, but the 7 day elixir had already been in available for a full week before this patch went live on Pocket Legends 2.0.0 Update (95487). That seems like a long enough testing period to me, players who purchased it had time enough for them to expire.

If the idea was to test it's "effectiveness for user engagement," why not give it to everyone, make it toon specific for those who are at L70 or even give it to players who have failed to log in for a few days but were once very active players? If it was a calculated move, I'd at least like to know why these and not those. I have yet to find any common thread between players who were granted the elix and those who weren't, but to be honest I've spent less time in PL than ever.

Disclaimer:
    Please don't hit me with the obligatory U Jelly meme or make accusations, fact is I'm not even sure if I had got one if it would have increased my play time anyway. I play about 5+ min daily, for the Vincent special and to finish off the run that my elixir timed out in. That's pretty much it, maybe some random chat time with an old friend but otherwise, in and out in 10 min flat.
    Have you ever seen a test where the entire population was involved? :P You'll have to be the most inefficient statistics body to take the entire population as your sample size. It's usually just a percentage of the population whereby the results will eventually be projected to the entire population. You over analyze, this is not the "end" of the equation therefore it's not comparable to those rewards you mentioned (which are "ends" on their own merits), it's just data-gathering (hence a test) and the purpose of this "activity" is to gauge a sample population so they can calibrate their future marketing schemes eventually projecting them to the entire population :P I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones who got "handpicked" for this special test. It's that simple really :P Your question should be, why me? why him? :P The method is generic, even high school students know what data gathering means :P Nothing wrong with it, only becomes wrong if analyzed with malice :P

PS: I didn't call you jelly :P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 08-06-2012 at 01:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i got it too
    even i have on all 13 chars i wont level them up all bcz they are my level specific twinks
    i will use to level my bear and mage, so practically got 160plat for free

but anyway, sts just cause rants by themselves with those random selections..
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenduck View Post
    Hey all,

It seems that the 7day exp elixer got renewed somehow!
    But not only renewed, it also seems it has spread like an infection to all other character that share the same account!
    How?
    I asked several people who experienced the same (lets call it issue), and they all told me the same answer...
    Yea, all my chars got it also...
    So basicly everyone who bought an 7day exp elixer (pink) BEFORE the last patch got this issue!

Crimsontider just told me he also bought it but was expired and didnt renew, so it might only have worked for players whos elixer were still active when pl got patched...

Ill ask around some more, thx all

Quack!
    i still got mine even though i never bought one :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

We should have certain days like twice a month where everyone get double the xp for the whole day!!! Horrrraaaaayyy!!
    Thank me if this post was useful

| Riomage level 71 enchantress | Secret bear level 37 |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    Mistake with an e-mail? That's one too many mistakes for a mistake :P
    Uhhhh....huh? I don't understand. To what e-mail would you be referring?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Uhhhh....huh? I don't understand. To what e-mail would you be referring?
    They sent a couple emails reciently, one was a survey that had nothing to do with this and another one sayin basically- here you go try this out (paraphrased)
    Some people were confusing the 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

The question is when did the emails go out, because the OP and many others obviously didn't know they were getting a free 7-day elixir. One of my friends got one of these free 7-day elixirs and he didn't get any email. Still sounds to me like STS didn't do this on purpose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

The question is when did the emails go out, because the OP and many others obviously didn't know they were getting a free 7-day elixir. One of my friends got one of these free 7-day elixirs and he didn't get any email. Still sounds to me like STS didn't do this on purpose.
    Email from sts about happenings and promotions always come late. Never BEFORE something is given or starts.

I bet all the people that got free double xp are the same people that got a free L65 toon. Also they didn't inform the entire community about the free L65 just like they didn't with this. You just have to meet a certain criteria to qualify.
    Last edited by Patricks; 08-06-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Name:  Freelixir.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  96.6 KB

If that post doesn't convince you that this was not an accident then I don't think anything can :P Don't worry, probably next time, they'll include you in their list special list too :P

PS: Timing of the email doesn't matter, the latest is that the Dev addressed it already. If you'll question his integrity......good luck! :P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 08-06-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

I have screenshot of email id gladly post it but dont wanna get an infringment because the emails they send and you send them you cannot share but they automatically go to support site if its sent to the support which is strange to me lol

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    Name:  Freelixir.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  96.6 KB

If that post doesn't convince you that this was not an accident then I don't think anything can :P Don't worry, probably next time, they'll include you in their list special list too :P

PS: Timing of the email doesn't matter, the latest is that the Dev addressed it already. If you'll question his integrity......good luck! :P
    That's the post I've been referring to, so no need for a screen shot for my benefit. And it's not a question of integrity.
    Last edited by McBain; 08-07-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

That's the post I've been referring to, so no need for a screen shot for my benefit. And it's not a question of integrity.
    1. You said and I quote "It seems like a mistake and they're just trying to play it off" as a reaction to that post of Samhayne that I just provided. I simply emphasized that because at that point, all logic on your theory went out the window. You're questioning the integrity of the DEV because you are insinuating that he is contradicting himself. How can someone have integrity if they're proven to have said one thing (which he did) and meant another (you think it's a mistake, just playing it off)? precisely what you were trying to hint, right? or you had no idea what you were hinting at? :P unless you don't know what you're saying, it looks like you're putting the integrity of Samhayne in question :P

2. I mentioned an e-mail and you seem oblivious of it, yet, before that post on the email you earlier are quick to jump into conclusion that this was a "mistake" (after Samhayne's post). So you thought this was a mistake without full knowledge that there were emails sent out? :P It was only after my post on the email that you claimed to have a friend who did not receive the email when earlier you had no idea what email I was referring to :P Sounds like we're just pulling a rabbit out of the magic hat :P

3. Even after learning that there were emails sent out together with the word from dev that I provided, you still insist that the "timing of the email is in question", you still insist that it was not done on purpose still hinting that devs are saying one thing and doing another. Also, you are basing things on hearsay because you're not your friend...you don't know for sure whether he didn't receive the emails or if he just didn't check diligently...you can't speak for him. :P So in the end, all you have is a hearsay and your little imagination :P

To quote one my favorite fighters, George St-Pierre "...I am not impressed by your performance..." :P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 08-07-2012 at 01:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Wow, I don't even know where to start with that. Lol, where exactly did I say the "timing of the email is in question?" You're just twisting my words and starting an argument now, and luckily for me, impressing you is among the least of my concerns. No more to say on this matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Wow, I don't even know where to start with that. Lol, where exactly did I say the "timing of the email is in question?" You're just twisting my words and starting an argument now, and luckily for me, impressing you is among the least of my concerns. No more to say on this matter.
    When you said this "The question is when did the emails go out" LOL that was a direct quote not twist :P Of course you wouldn't know what to say, I understand you're tongue tied as of the moment :P I'll give it a few minutes or hours before you think of a better story :P For now, adios amigo :P

PS: Give my regards to your "friend" who didn't get the email :P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 08-07-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

In your previous post, you put quotation marks around "timing of the email is in question" as if that was a quote from me, which it is not. That's the very definition of twisting words. Furthermore, asking when the emails went out like I did and "questioning the timing of the emails" are two very different things. I'm hardly tongue-tied. You're just clearly going out of your way to argue.