Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The 7day Exp Elixer renewed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    In your previous post, you put quotation marks around "timing of the email is in question" as if that was a quote from me, which it is not. That's the very definition of twisting words. Furthermore, asking when the emails went out like I did and "questioning the timing of the emails" are two very different things. I'm hardly tongue-tied. You're just clearly going out of your way to argue.
    I paraphrased not twist, you still haven't disproved me to call it twisted, prove first that what you meant was not what I meant for you to say it was twisted :P Otherwise, asking a question and questioning something are identical statements :P Both aims to point out a hole or gap that was not addressed...otherwise, what is the point of asking something if you already know the answer :P Alone, it would have been an innocent question, however, what is crucial is the sentence that followed...I'll explain further :P

So you're telling me that you asked this "The question is when did the emails go out" but you don't actually mean to question the timing of the emails...so why did you then went further and said "...because the OP and many others obviously didn't know they were getting a free 7-day elixir" right after asking the question...as if it was a consequence of the timing? :P If you were merely asking for the "when" you wouldn't go any further and state the consequence should the email were untimely, you would have just ended with a question :P You were clearly insinuating a disconnection on timelines :P

PS: I am going out of my way :P I invite you to because I can sense that you're just using very minimal portion of your head atm...I know you can do more :P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 08-07-2012 at 02:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Sigh....

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive.

Is that what you want to hear?
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

3. The Following User Says Thank You to McBain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Sigh....

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive.

Is that what you want to hear?
    I was right and you were wrong, but I already knew that...:P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 08-07-2012 at 03:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Now its just like Area 51!
    Rumors, conspiracy and storys...
    But we still dont know whats going on...

I KNOW, its all a plot...
    Spacetime studios and Area 51 are the same thing!
    I even got evidence, a picture of their leader...!!!

GURGOX
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

^ Lol@Gurgox

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    Another conspiracy, there's been a big switch-a-roo, I thought "this" will give me another chance to "cry" (I was so excited...oh well) but STS made sure I was on the other side this time around ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess it's "your" turn now :P I'll be watching from the sidelines :P Good luck, make it good *Gets popcorn*. I'm leveling up one of my low level twink to 71 (in less than a day thanks to this) using this "SPECIAL reward" (thanks STS) awarded "ONLY" to "SELECTED players"...will my xp gets rolled back? Let's find out :P Excited much.

PS: I'll definitely play more now because of this (turns off PC) :P Awesome marketing move!
    When I read this, I was like

Cheers, man.

On the other hand, it seems that you are a good customer and your elite dungeon guide was pretty good, too. Now, I remember you mentioned playing some other game, so getting you back even to level your twink was worth giving you the reward (which didn't cost them anything anyway).

Btw could you please let me know what happens when you combine this weeklong 2x with 4x if/when you get the chance to try it.

@LwMark, Cobraguy: Thanks a lot for the info guys . Hope this weeklong elixir will be around when I need it
    Last edited by Brave Sir Robin; 08-07-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

When u combine week long with thrash it gets you about 7xp per kill. Sometimes it looked like 6 per or 8 per kill, so that probably had to do with those fractions of xp that we can't see.i only did a very short test but I just wanted to give you an idea, Brave sir.

Also someone earlier thought the people who received this were the same who got the free lv 65- I was not one of them.
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 08-07-2012 at 09:00 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    When u combine week long with thrash it gets you about 7xp per kill. Sometimes it looked like 6 per or 8 per kill, so that probably had to do with those fractions of xp that we can't see.i only did a very short test but I just wanted to give you an idea, Brave sir.
    Very useful information, this is what I was looking for.

You were talking about Lagoon, right? Did some experimenting there, a run seems to give 78 - 87 xp. Not sure if this has to do with some sort of xp bonus. There are 74 bad guys in this map, which means each one of them gives:

• in case of 78 total xp gained in run: 78/74 = 1.056 xp/enemy
    • in case of 87 total xp gained in run: 87/74 = 1.176 xp/enemy

In theory, 2x+4x stacked give 6x therefore we would expect:

• in case of a 78 xp run: 1.056 x 6 = 6.32 xp/enemy
    • in case of a 87 xp run: 1.176 x 6 = 7.05 xp/enemy

And these are the numbers that you gave me. Therefore, the 2x+4x seems to give a total of 6x as advertised.
    Probably there are cases in which a run could give > 87 xp which would explain 8 xp/enemy. Of course, since this number refers to xp gained per 1 kill, it could just be the result of the accumulation of fractions, as you said.

In any case, great stuff, thanks a lot
    Last edited by Brave Sir Robin; 08-07-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Your analysis looks great. The only toon I was able to test this on is leveling in AO at the moment All I was able to do quickly this morn was to kill one at a time while alone pausing every kill to screenshot then rough average.
    Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Of course we need to estimate this on the same map to be accurate, as different enemies might give different xp.

OK I might lvl a toon up to AO to check it out... which AO map was it? And your lvl at the time you recorded xp gain?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey gang,

The 7 day exp elixir grant was given to select accounts as a test of such activities effectiveness for user engagement. This is akin to our efforts at Humania launch to engage users. Or in other words, it's just Spacetime being crazy again.

Cheers!
    -Samhayne
    Thank you so much for the free 7 day exp elixer
    Just up to 71 yesterday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    OK I might lvl a toon up to AO to check it out...
    No need for that, I bet. I'll pm you tomorrow with the levels I have, you can decide peramiters, maps whatev. and I do a couple runs to give you data.
    just a couple days left tho. We'll chat.

Ps. Grats Htiek
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 08-08-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I'm pretty sure I counted around 100 xp per run in Lagoon a while back. Maybe I did it wrong. Just looked at my xp before and after the run. Was this clearing the map or skipping certain mobs? Full party or solo?

edit: Checked just now and got 98 xp on a run with a full party. Might have even missed some on a part of the map where our group kinda split off two ways
    Last edited by McBain; 08-08-2012 at 02:08 AM.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

16. The Following User Says Thank You to McBain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I'm pretty sure I counted around 100 xp per run in Lagoon a while back. Maybe I did it wrong. Just looked at my xp before and after the run. Was this clearing the map or skipping certain mobs? Full party or solo?

edit: Checked just now and got 98 xp on a run with a full party. Might have even missed some on a part of the map where our group kinda split off two ways
    You are right. 78-79 solo and 85 with 2, clearing the whole map. I tried later with full party it was about 100. But the numbers Suentous gave me were for AO, so the result is incorrect anyway. I should wait for Suentous's report to estimate properly for AO and it would also be helpful if anyone can report xp gain in Lagoon when running with 2x+4x elixirs, full party.

@ Suentous thanks for your help and time, man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

With the valuable help of Suentous the mystery was finally solved

First of all, many assume that 1 kill = 1 xp but this is not correct. As we previously discussed in this thread, parameters such as number/level of party members, number of total kills, difficulty of enemies on map (denoted by the "threat level", i.e. colour of circle attached to their health bar) influence the total xp gain.

Therefore, we did the following experiment:

• We solo-ed the same map (AO3, Crush the keeper) both with same level toons (52). Threat level was 'blue' for both of us.
    • Suentous had a combination of 2x weekly + Thrasher (4x) elixirs, while I played without elixirs.
    • We agreed to run until Mynas's room, killing zombies but not aliens. So in each run 64 zombies were killed (always 38 enemies remaining).
    • We did five runs each.

In every run, Suentous gained 192 xp while I gained 32. Obviously, 6 x 32 = 192 so the 'elixir stack' works as advertised, i.e. 2x + 4x = 6x.

Note that at level 52, this map gives just 0.5 xp per kill.
    Last edited by Brave Sir Robin; 08-10-2012 at 12:34 PM.