Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: something has to be done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Angry something has to be done

Hello .... ok dont u just hate when a name is taken a that person never shows up in the game Sts do something about this example if u r never in a game in a amount of like 4 months or 3 your name is dealeted then when u feel like playing and u thought u had that pasifhic name its gone... get my point?? Never show up name dealeted not character just name.. ty for reading this Pandas rule :3 bye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I agree I say after a year or 2 years of an inactivity your name should be put back and the account deleted.
    a lot of people picked really cool names in the beta version only to play for a couple weeks and never come back
    Last edited by modredd; 08-04-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

They do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

3-4 months is a short time... Like modredd said, 1 or 2 years would be more reasonable

Also, some ppl already do this kinda... Not sure how to explain it cuz ive never done it
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well I quit for a year and came back, I'd be mad if my account was deleted for inactivity.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

they dont delete it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

First of all, sts doesnt remove accounts unless being asked by the owner himself or either by taking a big dump all over the TOS rules (aka, continue to violate the ToS rules after being warned)
    Second of all, imagine that your a platinum buyer who likes to have a major pl break...
    Then lets say 8 months later you like to continue playing, then suddenly they tell you what happend!
    Your reaction will be.....? Thiefs? Sue then for robbery? Send the army to bomb sts down?
    ....no!
    When you pay them (even if it is for 10 plat you spend money on) they cant remove or delete it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Gonna have to oppose this one for the reasons specified above - somebody spent time and money on their character. If they want to take a long break, they should be entitled to their account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is quite a problem. Maybe they should fix it this way : When someone's taking a break they must inform STS so that they know that you're coming back. Also 3-4 months is a little too short. Maybe 6 months.
    Last edited by <神>; 08-04-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    Hi.
    Highlight the space above to find out the biggest secret of PL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Tbh I dont see the issue. Someone made a char with a name, maybe inactive blah etc. So? Will you be complaining about someone having the email address you want to use? Or a forum name? Or registration plate on a car? This could be endless. Just use your imagination and think of something else =)
    PL: Treenire - lvl 76- Enireaza - lvl 71 - Naiades - lvl 68 - Treepossum - lvl 52 -
    DL: Treenire - 31 - SL: Treenire - 46 - AL: Treenire - 21 -

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Treenire For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yeah, it's no big deal, really.

But if it were implemented, then after several months of inacitivty, they could be given a random name and have their old name cleared up. Let's say somebody takes their old name. If they log back in from inactivity, then the name is automatically returned to them and the the person who had gotten their name was given their original name back. It would be automatic so that the person who was inactive wouldn't be able to tell that they even lost their name.

However, this is why I'm opposed to the idea in general. If what I just said was implemented, then people wouldn't be mad that they lost their name, but they might be mad if someone had gotten their name and given their name a terrible reputation... And everyone hated them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

An easy way to solve this would be to allow us to have numbers in our names just like email addresses do. If I want an email address that is fairly common, eg: janedoe(at)blah blah.com, but it's already taken I can still have janedoe1(at)blah blah. Com

I would also suggest that players could be allowed to purchase the exclusive rights to a name in game for plat. I wouldn't want ppl running around with Lyrrlynn1 or what ever and I would gladly pay a reasonable fee to have the rights to that name. I would further suggest that it be renewable annually for an additional smaller fee either in gold or plat. If u don't renew then ur name is available to be used with numbers.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dynastu View Post
    Yeah, it's no big deal, really.

But if it were implemented, then after several months of inacitivty, they could be given a random name and have their old name cleared up. Let's say somebody takes their old name. If they log back in from inactivity, then the name is automatically returned to them and the the person who had gotten their name was given their original name back. It would be automatic so that the person who was inactive wouldn't be able to tell that they even lost their name.

However, this is why I'm opposed to the idea in general. If what I just said was implemented, then people wouldn't be mad that they lost their name, but they might be mad if someone had gotten their name and given their name a terrible reputation... And everyone hated them.
    How about just leave that which isnt yours to take?
    If I choose to be offline for a year, then so be it...
    When I return and see someone walking with my name, then he better be running faster then me, cause once I get that person ill do a fart emote right into his face.....!

But IF sts considers to let people borrow/take it, then ill make sure Ill defile my name so awefully and so badly, that when players see the name "thegreenduck" they automaticly use the puke emote on my shiny humania shoes!
    So none, not even the players who were hunting my name down to be the first one to get it, will use my name cause who wants to walk around with a cursed name?
    Last edited by Thegreenduck; 08-04-2012 at 10:41 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thegreenduck For This Useful Post:

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

We have, in the past, gone through and free'd up lvl 1 characters on accounts that had been inactive for a long period of time (I think like a year). We know how frustrating it can be to try and get a name and not be able to.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

If you would even bother to look here then you are a stalker.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Nobody uderstands (except for samhayne) what this guy is saying. He is saying it just removes the NAME not the CHARACTER or ACCOUNT.
    ~a~
    My programming name is r3pwn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

One thing you guys all have to understand is a lot of people do pay to play so it would be unfair to that player if he lost his name but I agree with the lvl 1's that get deleted cause chances are they prolly won't play it if they are only lvl 1 and away for over a year and chances are they haven't been serious enough to pay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ~A~ View Post
    Nobody uderstands (except for samhayne) what this guy is saying. He is saying it just removes the NAME not the CHARACTER or ACCOUNT.
    Let me remind you that Thegreenduck is a lvl 1 account that has quite a fame history throughout alterra...
    Also many other players have a great fame history, but how to recognize those people?
    By looking at the gear? Doubtfull since their aint unique gear specialized to 1 person!
    What im trying to say is, the name is a symbol, a way for players to recognize someone instantly.

So this is where I strongly disagree with samhayne, removing/tranfering something without asking promission to the real owner which it belong to, its not only a real life law, its against the ToS rules aswell...
    Wether its spacetime studios or a player, it doesnt matter!
    If the breaktaking player (aka spacetime customer) has a clear history of good behavure in pl then its up to the customer what to do with it (while spacetime studios is still running)

I really do understand ofc, but I just disagree..
    You can never know for sure if a noob like to play again..
    Last edited by Thegreenduck; 08-04-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Personally I think you should just try and be a bit more creative when your name is taken, but that's probably just me

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Personally I think you should just try and be a bit more creative when your name is taken, but that's probably just me
    Agree, and I know exectly what people are going trough when you cant have the name(s) you wish for!
    But you cant have everything you like when it comes to a MMO!
    Just make the best of it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

I disagree with just about all of you. Creativity is for noobs. Why would we want all the good names like "god", "Angel", "Noob", "Pro" or "FFA" left on inactive accounts? That's a terrible idea. Soon we all just have names like "fwenfnik". How's that for creativity? If I go inactive for months and months, I'd be happy to have my 3 letter names swapped out for "vnjdfnvjn". You can get names that are taken, find someone who will tell you how.