Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Panda19 View Post
    Hey Cinco!
    With an event around the corner (Halloween), can we get brand new items? I ask this because every year there's an event, players request "forgotten vanity" pieces. When players do this, it narrows expansion for new vanity that we have never seen before. How are we supposed to grow as a community if we are displayed with the same vanity pieces repeatedly? I know I am not the only one who feels this way. Bringing back items has made many players quit, some of whom were my friends. Plat-purchased items, whether they were limited quantities or not that were offered once are "editions" for a reason. Constant returns of items from the past make the game lose authenticity; those who have collected expensive items over time have worked for them. So, for people to request old items back for plat and have them offered for gold is a slap in the face to those who like I said before, worked hard for their stuff. People who have expensive items shouldn't have to suffer just because majority of the community wishes they had the same items. For anyone who says the game is pay to win, either buy plat items in the future, or don't buy anything at all. For those who say that this game should be "equal to all", give newbies or each other gold if the "imbalance" bothers y'all so much.

I know this thread might ruffle some feathers, but I said what I said.
    It's NOT a slap in the face. It makes lots of sense to bring back old items and vanities.
    The Devs can have extra income off of players that would like tradeables or collectibles, merching, or just having in general.

I started DL a couple years ago and I thoroughly enjoy playing- killing mini bosses, doing events, buying Plat, and collecting sets for AP and titles. Many do this.

Players old and new deserve a chance to have those items either farming or purchasing Plat to get a chance at grabbing in limited offers.
    Right now rare items are either not tradeable or hard to find, or Billions of gold, or people hoard and don't want to sell which is fine because that is their choice. Though for those of us that want them It's a matter of supply and demand.
    It still doesn't negate the fact that the rare items are always going to be in demand and will be top profit for devs which they need their bread and butter too.

I embrace the new vanities and get excited for them. Also, using common sense says that it takes time to create and plug in the effects, and stats of new items. So being patient is hard but the majority of us know that creating isn't done overnight.

It should be equal to everyone in DL who wants a chance to have the items. Old veteran players of DL say they are leaving because of X and Y but most come back. If they want to get upset because they think they should be the only ones to have rare items then that's not a good attitude.
    I understand they worked hard for it and earned it but can't we all at some point?

Locking items seems pretty harsh for all players not just veteran players. I think what DL is doing is good by releasing rare items that are brought back and limiting items for Plat, as well as offering special sets and items for Plat too.

I understand we all want to flex after our hard work, but really halting the release of items isn't the answer... WE ALL want a chance and if we get chances to obtain it by Plat then thank you to Devs and game on for us players.

Also 'give newbies or each other gold if the imbalance bothers ya'll so much'
    As you know no one wants to give out gold and thanks for acknowledging there is a gold imbalance because it is true. Seen people bragging about having 20+billion. Also, have you seen item prices in vendor store??? Inflation for items that don't offer stats or are common items or vanities being priced sky-high.
    There are beggars in the game we all put up with from time to time and no one is going to give out gold or items to those that don't want to help themselves.
    Why don't you try giving gold or helping players? I have and sometimes I waste my time and effort doing so when they quit or it's an alt account of a veteran player created specifically to beg others and turn around and merch it and repeat. That does happen.

I'm going to continue to play and also do what I must for those old and rare items.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxySG For This Useful Post: