Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
The answer is NO.
I don't get why these threads keep getting made.
All that comes from them is flame and hate.

I don't see why you guys expected a bonus with MFA.
STS NEVER SAID that there would be a bonus of MFA with Monarch.
It is your own fault to have false suspicions.
When they told you to level up, and when they released that special 1/2 off Elixir deal, it was only advertising for the MFA itself.
People are starting to get the elite vanities JUST for the stats.
Consider the appearance people! And just, what, 3 weeks ago, people were complaining that the Volconut looked horrible?
Besides, the MFA was way better than any other vanity armor released at that time. I'd say it would be worthy of being charged Plat to buy it.

This is EXACTLY like the Founders helm situation.
Oh, but you can say that the little bonus from the Helm is minute compared to this huge boost from the Elite Vanities, correct?
Well, it's pretty similar relatively.
That so called little boost is a HUGE advantage for low level twinks. A single armor or point of crit can decide a match.
You may see it as a little boost using it in endgame, but if we're comparing it in twink level 10 PvP, it is JUST as influential as the Elite Vanities in endgame.
If it bothers you so much, just don't PvP if you cannot handle the difference.
There will ALWAYS be upper hands and advantages, in every single game.
I've played games where there are OP players who paid cash and upgraded weapons to +10 level. Each + increases the weapon's damage at an exponential increasing rate, and there is no easy way to get anything higher than +8 without cash upgrading.
I don't have a Founder's for my L15 twink when I used it.
I just quit the PvP there, since there was no point in ranting about it when I was clearly outgeared.
Instead, I moved onto a more stable PvP, where Founder's didn't matter.

What you are thinking about is that the Elite Vanities will effect the whole game population.
The bonus does not register until level 61, and 90% of all Twink PvP is found BELOW level 61.
As with endgame, we currently have insanely OP stats on classes. Dodge on bears, critical/etc on mages, and birds are still decent in the play.
I believe what Devs intend to do is OP out set gear until that elite vanity bonus isn't too influential, and just as "relatively small" as that Founder's Helm may seem to a level 71 rather than a level 10.

You have to understand that the elite vanities were originally achieved for appearance and glamor purposes, not for the stats. This only started happening when SoH came out, and even then, only the players with COP, who never expected any stat bonus, were able to receive the 2-piece bonus.
Like I said, the best solution is the one where set gear becomes more dominant and then the elite vanities are less significant in the outcome of a PvP fight.
People will wear the vanities for their look.
Until then, we just have to bear with it
Plus, because past vanity items had stat bonus, it is very normal for people to think monarch and mfa will grant bonus in stats. Thinking they are piece of different sets is very bizzare. And STS should have announced that 71 vanity and mfa dont give bonus in stats if they were not trying to fool us and get a lot of $$.