Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New vanity pets plat cost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxbugsyxx View Post
    I have emailed them 3 times no response... we will see

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    I think 1 might do.

Rauekat-lvl 71 bird, Rauekit-lvl 68 bear, Rauekot-lvl 43 mage, Rauekatjr lvl 15 bird! Proud recruiter of "The Elite"! Soon to be officer I hope!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Also please stop telling me how I'm suppose to feel.. since u are not in this predictement.. its easy for u to say how I'm suppose to feel when your not in this situation .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I feel the same way...that's real $$$, so don't tell us we're impatient...if STS is a physical store like a gasoline station or a grocery, expect people to be protesting in front of their office by now...besides, you're not from STS Woundedeagle...why do you keep speaking for them like you know for sure? Should we take your 100% word for it that they will refund us, and what if not, will you be a co-guarantor for hundreds of our platinum? If neither, step aside, you're not in a position. When we spent our hard-earned $$$, we were quick to support them...now that there's a problem, we should sit and wait without certainty? What kind of customer service is that? Plus, we have a kid not from STS telling us how we should feel after losing our hard earned $$$...son, you're way over your head.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 08-07-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

I don't feel the need to respond anymore so I'll just leave you with what I first gave you. They have never "scammed" (in this situation, that's the correct word) their players, and they never will. You'll get your refund. The thing that makes you either impatient or inexperienced with STS support, is that you haven't even waited 6-7 hours after the update. If you looked a few threads down, you'd be able to note this:

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Sorry guys we are a bit backed up at Community Central. We'll get to platinum grants as soon as we can.
    In case you're confused, this quote basically says STS is busy. I'm not saying they won't get you you're plat, because the will. It's definite. The only thing not definite is how long you will last waiting for 200 platinum that will most likely be granted to you before the end of the week. Good luck. If you didn't pick up my point, it's that you'll get your platinum.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    I feel the same way...that's real $$$, so don't tell us we're impatient...if STS is a physical store like a gasoline station or a grocery, expect people to be protesting in front of their office by now...besides, you're not from STS Woundedeagle...why do you keep speaking for them like you know for sure? Should we take your 100% word for it that they will refund us, and what if not, will you be a co-guarantor for hundreds of our platinum? If neither, step aside, you're not in a position, you're just a player like us.
    STS isn't a 7/11. They work certain hours and most certainly don't work overtime or come in after hours for something that can be fixed tomorrow. People can understand your frustration but not your demands.

Relax and give them time to get to work tomorrow and sort through the possible THOUSANDS who are in your shoes. Your not helping your cause with these posts.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxbugsyxx:738981
    Also please stop telling me how I'm suppose to feel.. since u are not in this predictement.. its easy for u to say how I'm suppose to feel when your not in this situation .

Please don't ever buy a brand new car...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Calm down ya'll. It usually takes a day or 2 for support to respond so just play the patience game. I don't speak for STS but it isn't too tough to guess they would give you a refund if you ask them respectfully.

Now enjoy this picture of a pony sighting.

Name:  memes-ponies-are-contagious.jpg
Views: 2684
Size:  53.5 KB
    Last edited by Lowlyspy; 08-07-2012 at 09:19 PM.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Guys relax and give them some time. I bought all 4 pets and am awaiting my refund. I even posted a reply to the patch notes thread. If by friday nothing happens il be glad to join in your rage.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I bought also, no biggie, well hear soon. After all they gave some of us free one week elixirs fer teh lulz.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    STS isn't a 7/11. They work certain hours and most certainly don't work overtime or come in after hours for something that can be fixed tomorrow. People can understand your frustration but not your demands.

Relax and give them time to get to work tomorrow and sort through the possible THOUSANDS who are in your shoes. Your not helping your cause with these posts.
    I didn't say I wanted a refund or a fix NOW, I just didn't appreciate a non-STS-player telling us we're impatient given the fact that we just lost real $$$, it's inappropriate adjective for the situation, it just aggravates it. You and your "people" you're referring to need to read my post again. My problem was because there was no assurance of a refund, I didn't demand for a timeline of the refund, how hard is it to type "we will give refund *click*", just a couple of seconds right after patching, an assurance, the individual fixes can come later. So it's either they overlooked advising us, did it on purpose, or all their keyboards in STS suddenly broke down. So in that sense the damage has been done, we were caught off guard once again, and we're simply voicing our frustration on a past event.

Now, moving forward, looking into the future, it's clear, we will wait like we have any other choice. It doesn't matter if the fix takes 2 or 3 days, what matters is if we will get it for sure 100%, and will we get the full amounts, etc.? Neither Woundedeagle or anyone in this thread can guarantee a refund with its underlying details should there be other technicalities, so I simply dismissed his position because he keeps asserting STS will. Think of it as someone telling you everything will be ok, but you don't know for sure, the net effect of that is aggravating, that's why I was quick to dismiss it. I'll patiently wait if there's an assurance, which we don't have yet. Assurance will not come from you or anyone in this thread (unless a dev posts), those are just empty words of regular players, so you're the one who needs to understand where we're coming from. Most of the words in this paragraph are just commentary, but the spine of it all is "we'll wait", I don't think it's against anything to put in a commentary.

So in summary I'll spell it out for you:
    1. We're frowning because we weren't given assurance right after the patch (What, they didn't think people would react? Puh-lease, I know STS is a new dev but I don't think they're that naive :P). Simply put, we're not happy.
    2. Wait until something happens

Those are two separate actions, we will wait like we have any other choice, but you cannot remove our frustration because our $$$ are floating that was caused by STS non-existent advisory, we don't know what will happen (that should have been there from the start). Did you expect us to just smile like this :P when our money is floating? :P Something's wrong with you if you think this is a happy moment for us :P But we will wait (who said we won't?), we're just not happy on the whole situation, unless you give us black chocolate? :P

How do you know there are possibly thousands? So......there's a possibility that they adjusted their prices lower because there are thousands of people that bought their original price...right...

Anyway, I already helped my cause by writing a request to support team hours ago...I'm just here so I can contribute my opinion on the issue because....I can :P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 08-07-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Haha i just wish sts would announce before doing so. I guess that's what made buyers angry. Caught everyone by surprise. But I really would like a dove that poops as it flies in exchange for that extra 200 plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingdaisy View Post
    Haha i just wish sts would announce before doing so. I guess that's what made buyers angry. Caught everyone by surprise. But I really would like a dove that poops as it flies in exchange for that extra 200 plat.

When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

STS JUST lowered the cost of these items. Be patient they will give refunds. they can't do everything at once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxbugsyxx View Post
    I have emailed them 3 times no response... we will see

Be patient dude. They arent at work 24/7. Expect a reply by 12:00p.m tomorrow
    Thank me if this post was useful

| Riomage level 71 enchantress | Secret bear level 37 |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

PSounds like a broken record in here with the word WAIT... LOL I'm done people are just trying to earn brownie points saying the same thing everyone else said...

I'll tell u this real MMOs don't allow stuff like this to happen... for instance world of warcraft, before they UPDATE THE GAME. They give us blue post and also direct changes for us players to get ready for... there is actually a site called MMO CHAMPION which is sponsored by blizzard entertainment where all things are gonna happen before the update... EVEN BLIZZARD DOES.. links below are real mmo games with triple the community of this. Games like world of warcraft, diablo, starcraft are true mmo games with real live support always 24/7 maybe that'd why they still around making the new expansion... for this game to really continue with day to day update based on our suggestions and flip floping things based on peoples tears tells me one thing they hit a gold mine and now they don't know what to do cause there was never a plan to get this far... honestly every page I look of people complaining about the un decisive choices they make... if this is anyone's first experience of a mmo game that's why yout able to accept bad customer service from developers ... check these links and see how real mmo development is like... everything is out in the open never day to day changes...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/?-

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Last edited by Xxbugsyxx; 08-08-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Also to. I'm not gonna comment back to nothing on this thread cause most of the people I'm debating with are from my guild. I'm gonna leave thread open for the other players who want a answer..

Also couldn't of been in the right time Mist of Pandora is due out 9-25-12.... time to renew supscription and not get charged a dollar more for anything in game... 15.99 a month .

Last edited by Xxbugsyxx; 08-08-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Why should anyone get a refund. You agreed to but it at the price that was set. STS reserves to change any items probe point that they see fit. It's possible that the items weren't selling a wool as hoped, so they adjusted.

Do you go running to the store when they drop the price of an item you just bought? Do you offer to pay the difference when they raise the prices on an item you just bought? If you don't, then stop complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomad187 View Post
    Why should anyone get a refund. You agreed to but it at the price that was set. STS reserves to change any items probe point that they see fit. It's possible that the items weren't selling a wool as hoped, so they adjusted.

Do you go running to the store when they drop the price of an item you just bought? Do you offer to pay the difference when they raise the prices on an item you just bought? If you don't, then stop complaining.
    You know what I actually agree with you...at the back of my mind I knew a refund is slim because of your reasoning and this:
    Name:  refund.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  30.2 KB

That's why I've no idea where these people are coming from when they said STS will refund us and all we have to do is wait...like us said those words are aggravating and are empty words, we will wait like we have any other choice, but I strongly believe that our wait will result into nothing, it's like telling someone everything will be ok but you don't know for certain. So until an STS employee guarantees a refund (and waives that clause), I don't think it will happen...to our dismay. That's why I was looking for an official STS post, because this is not the first time I was involved in plat refund issue...last time I didn't get one...and I waited too.

Now just to stretch your reasoning further, it's actually not applicable because in a real physical store (with real economy) people have the chance to assess their purchase using historical figures or to canvass by looking at similar products of different brands, this way, one can make more intelligible purchase decisions. In this case, we don't have that, we don't have access to economic information, either you buy it or you don't and pray to the lords of PL that prices don't change. In that sense, it's a gamble for purchasers, where in a real store, it's inference based on actual figures that's why in a real store accountability is on the buyer because all tools were given to them prior to purchase. Now, the nail in the coffin is the photo I attached above...it's a clause that removes any liability from STS as far as price changes, so all economic logic goes out the window and simply focus on that clause - forget about my reasoning, that little clause above takes precedent above anything as far platinum refunds. I cannot argue because that's what we all signed up for, it's up to the discretion (hopefully conscience) of STS now if they will waive it or not...(I doubt)...that's why I'm a little bit jumpy on this issue...It's like I asked a question, that I already know the answer...and I don't like the answer...something to that effect :P We'll see...
    Last edited by vampinoy; 08-08-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomad187 View Post

Do you think before you post because it doesnt seem like it.

Adjusting something means you are fixing/changing. You only fix/change when something is wrong or isnt the way it should be. So if something is wrong or isnt the way it should be then there must have been an error to warrent the fix/change. When errors happen those effected should get accomodated for the error. Kinda like if you got a bank error they refund you.

By the way I dont mind spending the 1k plat since I always buy new vanities regardless of price however if you adjust the price you should also adjust it to those who already bought it. If the price had stayed the same and later discounted I wouldnt mind and wouldnt ask for a refund. People pay more to have item 1st but here it was adjusted not discounted.

Also I know STS doesnt have to refund us but its only right to do so. What vamp posted about STS refund policy is really just meant to cover there butts legally. I mean the people that bought this items are the big spenders. I will just spend the plat on elixers or new vanities. STS wouldnt lose a customer that spends $90 every 1-2 months for about $40. Its just not a smart economic move. $40 now or contuniues $90 every 1-2 months. think about it.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash:739306
    Do you think before you post because it doesnt seem like it.

Adjusting something means you are fixing/changing. You only fix/change when something is wrong or isnt the way it should be. So if something is wrong or isnt the way it should be then there must have been an error to warrent the fix/change. When errors happen those effected should get accomodated for the error. Kinda like if you got a bank error they refund you.

By the way I dont mind spending the 1k plat since I always buy new vanities regardless of price however if you adjust the price you should also adjust it to those who already bought it. If the price had stayed the same and later discounted I wouldnt mind and wouldnt ask for a refund. People pay more to have item 1st but here it was adjusted not discounted.

Also I know STS doesnt have to refund us but its only right to do so. What vamp posted about STS refund policy is really just meant to cover there butts legally. I mean the people that bought this items are the big spenders. I will just spend the plat on elixers or new vanities. STS wouldnt lose a customer that spends $90 every 1-2 months for about $40. Its just not a smart economic move. $40 now or contuniues $90 every 1-2 months. think about it.
    I'd take more stock in your point if you didn't open it with an insult.

To respond though: your interpretation of adjusting is correct. However it may not apply in this case. If STS wasn't making the sales they were expecting, then of course they would adjust the price down. It makes good business sense to do so. That does not warrant a refund to the people that bought them previously. If STS did have a glitch in the update, and the price was set wrong, the it would be good business practice to issue a refund. But a refund is still not a mandatory thing.

In the end the buyer agreed that the item was worth X price, and paid it. The transaction is done.
    Last edited by nomad187; 08-08-2012 at 08:00 AM.