Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Guild Rankings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

It's great that you are reviewing the mechanics for guild ranking.

Mine would be an unpopular opinion, but I say this because our guild truly has, and continue to invest A LOT of time, resources, and effort in building up so many toons. Some have stayed, and some have left. I feel that our guild's legacy of non-discrimination against low-level players, hand-holding them and aiding them in levelling and pursuing their achievements, not to mention numerous costly guild events to propel and incentivize them to run and not just twiddle their thumbs in game - just end up getting scattered all around Arlor.

Guilds are supposed to be a means to support and develop players, so I feel that APs that the guild has helped players achieve should be factored in. Perhaps the weight of the APs can lessen the longer that a player hasn't been in the guild. Although I am also cognizant of potential limitations, i.e. whether the game has a means to track and monitor this; I thought I'd still put my thoughts out there in case this is something that y'all can do something about.

As for your current proposal, T = 14days might be a bit short given that the player demographic consist of working folks and those in Uni. I'm aware that we are trying to drive activity up, but on the flipside, this might actually result in people completely disengaging if they feel they aren't vital to the guild standing because they are unable to play.

Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Go- min ar e polodren.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Odwren View Post
    It's great that you are reviewing the mechanics for guild ranking.

Mine would be an unpopular opinion, but I say this because our guild truly has, and continue to invest A LOT of time, resources, and effort in building up so many toons. Some have stayed, and some have left. I feel that our guild's legacy of non-discrimination against low-level players, hand-holding them and aiding them in levelling and pursuing their achievements, not to mention numerous costly guild events to propel and incentivize them to run and not just twiddle their thumbs in game - just end up getting scattered all around Arlor.

Guilds are supposed to be a means to support and develop players, so I feel that APs that the guild has helped players achieve should be factored in. Perhaps the weight of the APs can lessen the longer that a player hasn't been in the guild. Although I am also cognizant of potential limitations, i.e. whether the game has a means to track and monitor this; I thought I'd still put my thoughts out there in case this is something that y'all can do something about.

As for your current proposal, T = 14days might be a bit short given that the player demographic consist of working folks and those in Uni. I'm aware that we are trying to drive activity up, but on the flipside, this might actually result in people completely disengaging if they feel they aren't vital to the guild standing because they are unable to play.

Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk