Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible solutions to the current problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
    Were you being serious.
    Yes I was being serious. NO pots would force them to fix the problems surrounding ALL classes instead of just throwing bandaids at it.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

But what if we lose damage and there isn't a healer around?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    But what if we lose damage and there isn't a healer around?
    When was the last time you played a MMO that consisted only of DPS classes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

When was the last time you played a MMO that consisted only of DPS classes?
    What are you talking about? Where in my post do I mention anything relavent to that? He or she said that they thought they should eliminate pots. I said what if there are no healers around and we begin to take damage. I'm not understanding what you mean by that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You need to edit your post alot, and here is just one edit suggestion:

(the current items in this game) are just very confusing and partly make no sense.

Or something like that.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everyone will have to develop the mentality of "We need a healer to adventure" This will provide a much harder scale of gameplay and also like I said earlier, "Define Roles of DPS, Tank, and Healer" Instead of how we have it now as like Shebee said just DPS which is absolutely horrible IMO. We need more diversity in all the classes and the DEV's need to let us define our roles.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamin View Post
    You need to edit your post alot, and here is just one edit suggestion:

(the current items in this game) are just very confusing and partly make no sense.

Or something like that.
    Who are you directing that message to o.o.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hello.

Please take your time and read my entire post before posting any comments or criticism, I also would highly appreciate if developers would take a look at my post. Anyway, lets start.

What we have now is problems with mana, unbalanced damage, certain skills, attributes, potions, items, class roles and the list goes on.
    One of my biggest concerns are the potion, mana and attribute/skill problems at the moment.
    I'll try to keep this short.
    Almost every class runs out of mana in just 20 seconds or so, and has to keep potting that mana to keep on going.
    The healer role is currently literally non-existent, who needs a healer when I can easily out heal incoming damage with potions?
    More and more, we see weird builds, enchanters and warriors running around with crossbows and daggers, that doesn't make sense.
    Now you might say "why? it does more damage", yes it does, but is this "working as intended"? I doubt that.
    Also, although warriors received a buff recently, my 2h warrior still hits like a napkin, and does less dps than my lvl 15-something archer.
    Items are just very confusing and partly make no sense.

These problems are not only because of the way items were designed, but also because of the current attribute system.
    There are too many stats, that go together with too little attributes.
    If the developers plan to keep 3 attributes for all the current stats, well I doubt it's even possible to balance it out unless they make each class stack 1 attribute.
    Eventually we/they have to introduce more attributes or get rid of stats.

Skills are another point that I consider a problem, and I would like to talk about potions here as well.
    Instead of us having to keep spamming the potion button constantly, we should work around it.
    I have some ideas, I don't mean my way is the only way, I don't really care how they fix this, as long as it eventually gets fixed.
    Currently each class uses mana as their resource, with potions we have unlimited resources, which means we can keep on going as long as we want, we can just spam our best skills that cost the mana without any consequence.

One way of working this around could look something like this for example:
    Add a ~30 sec cooldown on potions (keep on reading please), have something similar to a rest function which could be used while not fighting, maybe 5-6 sec after using any ability that helps a party member or damages enemies, we could dig deeper on how this could work without problems, but I just want to sum it up by saying, similar to to the way threat works now just the other way round, kinda.
    Now our problem is running oom too fast while fighting, we could work this out with adding abilities with something close to 1-3 min cooldowns, that recover mana and possibly some hp instantly, or over time.
    These abilities combined with reduced mana costs on skills and wise potion usage, would result in a more fun and interesting gameplay.
    This is my point of view of the game right now, there are other minor problems at the moment, but in my eyes these concern me the most, and I won't bother respeccing or buying expansions before therse crucial points for gameplay get worked around.
    I aggree with all of this exept the 30 sec cooldown on potions
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Everyone will have to develop the mentality of "We need a healer to adventure" This will provide a much harder scale of gameplay and also like I said earlier, "Define Roles of DPS, Tank, and Healer" Instead of how we have it now as like Shebee said just DPS which is absolutely horrible IMO. We need more diversity in all the classes and the DEV's need to let us define our roles.
    Maybe not take away pots, but increase overall difficulty? I'm not quite understanding how the DPS system is bad. The only other MMO I have ever played was Guild Wars and that lasted only a few weeks. What system do most MMO's use?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They do it exactly how I described to you, I have played for Years games like Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, and Everquest 1 and 2. All of which do not have just DPS, but since you have only a relatively small amount of exp in the MMO world, maybe look at it from my or another perspective because we are not just trying to increase the skill and overall quality of classes or just one class but the games infrastructure, which will provide a much better gaming experience once this game starts adding complex ideas like guild involvement and PVP rolls around. Take a game like Everquest II just for example (24 different playable classes) all of which are needed in Raids and in EVERY group a Healer and Tank and DPS are needed, those are the building blocks of MMO group play.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like xanthia i have played i would dare to say every mmorpg worth mentioning in my life, ive seen games rise and fall, and well currently this game shares some major flaws with the games ive seen falling.
    You said you played guild wars, great so have i, i have 8 characters at the max lvl (which is not really important in gw) and ive played every part of the game, gw is not a perfect example as there ia no real tank role, or real end game pve as we know in other games. But it does have different roles, guildwars doesnt even have potions yet still everything works fine with only passive mana regen from items/skills, and a more rapid regen while out of combat. And without any downtime apart from healing the wounded (some of you were concerned about downtime)
    Now take a look at tloa and maybe ko, where everything is about who has the most pots and everyrhing focuses on dps mostly, i wonder why they never made it popular.

(sorry for typos im writing from my iphone)
    Last edited by Shebee; 04-20-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hmm... adding cooldowns to potions...

Definitely not more than 10 seconds unless the Enchantress gets some SERIOUS lovin'.
    Goregrind - Warrior - Alterra
    Venom Guild
    http://venom.forumn.net/index.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurs View Post
    Hmm... adding cooldowns to potions...

Definitely not more than 10 seconds unless the Enchantress gets some SERIOUS lovin'.
    People dont seem to get it, im suggestiong to replace potions, notnto remove them and leave us with mana problems, isnt it more fun to play without having to press 2 buttons at the same time? Please read my entire post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thanks for clearing that up. I understand what your saying now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So, after reading your entire post (I admittedly stopped as soon as I saw the 30 second cooldown), I am still not convinced about the 1-3 minute ability. The "rest" ability seems fine, but the idea about a 1-3 minute cooldown ability that restores a portion of hp and mana instantly... that sounds like a potion with a super long cooldown x.x
    Last edited by Hurs; 04-20-2010 at 05:49 PM.
    Goregrind - Warrior - Alterra
    Venom Guild
    http://venom.forumn.net/index.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ZOMG!!! Not another friggin thread on pot cooldown!!! Why is pot spamming bad???!!?! People can choose to play with others, sometimes if you don't take it slow, you die spamming anyway if that appeals to you psychoz who hate the fact that people rarely die spamming!!!!! Jeez!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It doesnt have to be instantly, nor does it have to recharge hp in my opinion, it can also recharge over time.
    And basically it is a super potion if you like to see it that way but at least im not spamming it and i need to consider using it before i actually do.
    And remember, im not trying to sell my idea, im presenting an alternative to pot spamming which ruins gameplay and ****s up the point in having a tank or healer.
    Last edited by Shebee; 04-21-2010 at 01:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

To all those who say omg join guilds and stuff.

Put it this way. I am playing in fnord servers and when I click "quick join" it tells me, no games available for me to join.
    I scroll through the lists of games, and there are no LE, no Fathom Crypt. Nope, I'm all alone. (I play in gmt+8 time zone, to and from work, and abit more at night)

So yeah. finding "organised parties" is realllly hard for me now. So yes, I depend on potions heavily now to supplement my health.

I understand why you guys want organised groups and balanced teams to promote teamwork focused gameplay, but this is an iPhone game, a game played on the go. Its not something I can really devote my time to. I play it when I am bored. When I got 20 minutes to spare waiting for the bus.
    I understand why team focused gameplay is fun and enjoyable, but I'm just trying to say that, it does not have to be that way for *all* games.

I personally think that if it should be possible for a character to solo a dungeon (given a high enough level). I think that having a team mate shouldn't be vital, but rather highly encouraged as it will greatly improve the speed of clearing the dungeon and making it easier. This is just my personal opinion of how the game should be. Its like games like Diablo, where you didnt *need* a teammate, but having a team mate made the game more fun. And yes, Diablo had potions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought this game to play a mmorpg, and yet everyonr wants it to be loilw diablo?
    What aboit adding a random dungeon finder kinda thing, which lets you choose your role and then the game forms a party with a tank healer and rest dps.

Or if you want to solo hack and slash everything okay but add an option to play the like a mmorpg, and reward the people who spend a couple of hours a week playing with better items etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I bought this game to play a mmorpg, and yet everyonr wants it to be loilw diablo?
    What aboit adding a random dungeon finder kinda thing, which lets you choose your role and then the game forms a party with a tank healer and rest dps.

Or if you want to solo hack and slash everything okay but add an option to play the like a mmorpg, and reward the people who spend a couple of hours a week playing with better items etc.

Well, It is just my point of view. It is neither more correct or wrong then your point of view. Its how I'd like the game to be.

In the end its still in the hands of the devs. Do they read and nod their heads in agreement? Or are they busy rolling around on the floor laughing. I think the latter, because they have to be pretty high on something to make a game where a bear and a chicken goes around killing zombies.