Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Guild Rankings II

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

We could go backwards and forwards about if its all a good idea or not but the fairest most unbiased way of getting the answer these days is why not ask AI instead...

it is 2023 after all...

Name:  guildleaderboardsgoodidea.png
Views: 231
Size:  30.5 KB

That's from ChatGPT... So even AI would think its pretty much all a good idea as long as its done right.

Anyways if it was a done and dusted change then the thread would have been closed or at least no link would have been provided in the weekly updates post, indicating it is still a open topic and clearly looking for more opinions and feedback and that's all that's being provided.

When i first started this game I was a part of a guild which had 1000s of members within the top 20 in the leaderboards and it was a very lively active guild with 30+ online per day... however i personally didn't find it all that enjoyable as it was a lot of "spam"... The guild ended up falling apart after an officer had come online 1 day and did a mass kick of all members...

I had learnt a bit about the game at that time and was made an officer of that large guild for a short period before it got killed off, after which I had managed to get into the ranked #1 guild at that time called Phoenix guild which only had 2/300 members and really opened my eyes in the difference between quality vs quantity.

After leaving due to always getting in trouble in chat for me cheeky behaviour, Ive been heavily influenced by that experience and has always been my personal preference and im sure its a preference of others have as well otherwise it wouldn't work.

I appreciate and of course accept a guild with 500 out of 1000 members are online at least every 14 days it is indeed livlier then a guild that has 100 members that come online every 14 days...

I apologise for using poor examples.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...lds-2023-01-11

High Society has 106 members that were counted towards LB ranks...

Lowest count in that is 44 members... By no means the most lively guild on the leaderboards... most certainly not bottom of the table either.

Self corrected and moving on...

Heres actually another idea then to add to the factors for guild ranks

Weekly count of how many "Bosses" a guild collectively has killed each week... With Bosses you have less likely concerns of "botting" as its always mob kills that's usually done for those PVE kill counts...

It could work like the guild events system but on a global scale with counters live updates via a counter in the guild page.

Easier Bosses giving say 1 point and Harder Bosses giving 3 points... Would give some balance as could have large guilds with less geared players spam easier boss kills for guild points and the smaller better equipped players farm the harder ones for their points to keep up against the larger numbers.

As rewards perhaps why not introduce guild badges however the badges actually being next to the guilds name on the LBs instead?

A "Seasonal #1,2.3" badge
    A "Most Aps Earnt" badge (measured weekly)
    "Most Boss Kills" badge (weekly count)
    "Most Active"badge (weekly count)

Using that guild badge system solves the worry about gifting anything to players, the badge is given to the guild and what better place for it then the leaderboard itself... some guilds could even earn multiple badges each week which can also give us a more fair representation of guild leaderboards.

Thats also keeping the leaderboards based on system of its rank being measured on several different factors and then ranked on its overall rank like we had before.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord