Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Changes to AL Traders Market regarding thread bumping

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I never personally saw any harm with having people bump you for free out of curiosity, or with genuine generosity before.

I can understand that if someone comments a question or asking a lower price, their message can be replied to, and that be acceptable.
    I can also understand the “free bump” thing if there’s a purposeful lowballer amongst the comment section, and that brings light to your post.

But what I tend to find odd I guess, is the rudeness or unwanted arguments that tend to happen on posts, if buyers get mad, etc. You’d think people would have the manners to take it elsewhere, and have their situation handled privately through pm, or what have you. Sure, the argument gives the post traction, but at the end of the day, it might pressure someone to selling for an unreasonable or unwanted amount, and so on.

Then there’s the live bidding on items too. It’s cool to see people continue to put offers into comments, and change c/os all the time. In my opinion, it makes trying to sell something you own or cherish, that others may or may not find higher value in, can partake in an exchange of sorts.

Bottom line is, as much leeway was given before with the example given in box 2, and the fact it’s still acceptable with the new changes, it’s nice that some threads are being dealt with now, in the proper manner. Focusing a lot on Quality of life, maybe sometimes not for the better, can help with longevity at the end of the day. :-)

If this interest you, send a notification to Ign in my Signature. :-)
    Leader of <Married> Guild (Private) Heart Of Darkness Ring Est. Oct. 31 2019

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayceeoh For This Useful Post: