Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Unable To Join Certain Games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

I was just chatting with the programmer working on this. The deal is that you get the "game is not allowing players to join" message when that game is most of the way done. The intention is to keep people from getting into a game where you are just going to have to spend all your time running to catch up and likely will be over by the time to get to the end.

Why is it that you want to join a map that is mostly over?
    This is quite harsh Sam. The real reason Devs are doing this is to have people run more time with miners and have them run out sooner.making more miner purchases... Obviously
    The problem is when you're playing and someone leaves at the boss just because they were there for xp. Then you're left with 1 less person to kill boss AND CAN'T ASK FOR BACKUP!! Then 1 person dies, ragequits, then others quickly leave too.. Then you're stranded alone unable to kill a boss and have to start map over again.
    Please return things how they were. I don't mind miner mooches as long as they help

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Urqui For This Useful Post:

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I wanted to buy miners, but i guess there's no point buying it now.

This update is a lose-lose situation for both players and sts.
    Less people buying miners= Less profit for Sts.
    Less people buying miners= less pinks.
    Less pinks= Huge price increase leading to frustration for non-plat players= ragequit.

Just my opinion though.

Think about it Sam.

Sent from The Vular Hive Depths Secret Chamber! XD
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HunterSLAYER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I was certain that this was done to prevent switching at the boss. The "its a long walk" reason is not even laughable.
    I posit that this developer has never played the game that this developer is "developing".

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolves For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Yes i think by blocking them like you did, it will leave a lot of unfinished maps, and then it will make people say "why bother, i can't get people to stay to finish the boss"

For sure if it stays like it is pick up games are dead. The only way will be guild runs, and if players get dc'd, well those might turn out to be incomplete as well. I tried to play pugs last night. I disconnected 3 times out of 6 tries to complete a game and was not allowed to rejoin, so i turned the game off and went to bed.

Now as far as effects on miner's luck sales, the heaviest consumers will not pay 20 plat on a half hour miners to get 1-2 shots at a boss (thats
    IF they don't get a run of disconnects, in which case no shot at all). They have already been conditioned to the value level it provided before
    the change, it doesn't have the same value now, and that will affect miners (and plat sales) negatively.

Where it is now is no good at all. I understand, people complain that others jump in only for the boss, and i understand that people join late and complain they miss the boss, maybe a beter solution would be to require an invite to join after that point is reached?
    Or set the no join point later, like at 90-95% complete?

How it is now is, and will be, nothing but a negative.
    Last edited by KillaSkillz; 08-16-2012 at 06:43 AM.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KillaSkillz For This Useful Post:

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    Yes i think by blocking them like you did, it will leave a lot of unfinished maps, and then it will make people say "why bother, i can't get people to stay to finish the boss"

For sure if it stays like it is pick up games are dead. The only way will be guild runs, and if players get dc'd, well those might turn out to be incomplete as well. I tried to play pugs last night. I disconnected 3 times out of 6 tries to complete a game and was not allowed to rejoin, so i turned the game off and went to bed.

Now as far as effects on miner's luck sales, the heaviest consumers will not pay 20 plat on a half hour miners to get 1-2 shots at a boss (thats
    IF they don't get a run of disconnects, in which case no shot at all). They have already been conditioned to the value level it provided before
    the change, it doesn't have the same value now, and that will affect miners (and plat sales) negatively.

Where it is now is no good at all. I understand, people complain that others jump in only for the boss, and i understand that people join late and complain they miss the boss, maybe a beter solution would be to require an invite to join after that point is reached?
    Or set the no join point later, like at 90-95% complete?

How it is now is, and will be, nothing but a negative.
    If the no join point is 95% and above it would be fine. 90% and below i definitely would not buy miners.
    Even with the boss left, some battles still take 2 - 3 mins or more.

For e.g. Mysterious figure and Scorn Priestess.

Sent from The Vular Hive Depths Secret Chamber! XD
    Last edited by HunterSLAYER; 08-16-2012 at 07:37 AM.
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

why would 90% be fine when 50% isn't? if players don't like others joining they can lock a game or boot as many already do. Let players decide if they like others to join or not. Don't make it a game policy.

If sts feel they need money, add content. Money is now mostly spend on luck enhancers, less on xp enhancers. No lvl41 will ever buy another xp enhancer with lvl41 as cap. The time sts spent in infested deck, hive and savant, Scorn2 could have been added instead. many quit do lack of content.
    Don't get me wrong. I like infested deck, hive and savant. But i will never be as much entertained with it as i would run for 45 and grind to 46 with several characters.
    It would have been better if they would have added hive and savant in between new sectors, not all at once and tweak the game till it's broken to play.

btw, cap raise was told to come after the release of DL back in april, by the looks of it will be 'again' after the release of AL october. Hoping xmas comes early this year...
    Last edited by tearacan; 08-16-2012 at 07:34 AM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tearacan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Hey guys,

I was just chatting with the programmer working on this. The deal is that you get the "game is not allowing players to join" message when that game is most of the way done. The intention is to keep people from getting into a game where you are just going to have to spend all your time running to catch up and likely will be over by the time to get to the end.

Why is it that you want to join a map that is mostly over?
    To answer your question, many reasons, but first and foremost 51% is not "mostly over".
    People want to join a game late because:

They were there but got disconnected.

Xp grinders joined, picked up the bulk of the xp then abandoned the map leaving one or two people that want to finish the map that can't because nobody else can join.

People can't hang for whatever reason and leave the instance, again it kills the game run of that instance.

People want to join pugs late to maximize a miners enhancer

People want to join late to help their friends when they find they have bitten off more than they can chew.

people sometimes want to fight a boss and not fight a bunch of no xp giving mobs. Sometimes just the boss is a quick bit of fun.

My ideas to correct are not the solution. This whole thing of blocking late joiners is a negative that needs to be changed back the way it was. Tearacan is right.

To me the explanation of the problem that is being addressed of late joiners doesn't make sense.
    there are locks and boots, there is a status bar on the game selection menu to see the progress of a game.

Content is king. raise the cap and people will buy xp enhancers again.
    If people are grinding there are less people farming (i.e less people on the lower maps joining late.)

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

Thanks for your great feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you feel and why.

The team is in the process of changing the join screen functionality back to allow people to join games that are in the list. The list will not display zones that are completed and zero population (just closing out).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by markymarx View Post
    I doubt the devs would do that at this height. if they did, so many people would complain. I think its a glitch, i hope its a glitch that gets fixed today or tomorrow.
    I hope this issue end by today or tommorrow

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kiffnshey For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Hey guys,

Thanks for your great feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you feel and why.

The team is in the process of changing the join screen functionality back to allow people to join games that are in the list. The list will not display zones that are completed and zero population (just closing out).

How about fixing PvP game map?

It's really annoying..

Some can join the game after leaving the game and can join back ANY Time

And some Can't! Now, Why is that?

Hope it fixes this one too..
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Play as if it's your last.
    Because in the End, You will face Judgement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Removed my thanks, games r now invitation only? Why even make a promise when u cant/wont keep them?
    Stop ruining this game and let us play for a bit pls.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to tearacan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

And thank you Sam for looking out for our feedback, I know you are very busy. Changing it to how it used to be and not displaying finished games is what everyone would.like. I per se would start playing more and dropping 20 plat per day again. Just please don't restrict people from joining any previously joinable games because those are invisible handcuffs just like ky schizophrenia pills jk jk lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ozuyucalebam View Post
    Miners luck is expensive! Gotta milk it for the drops!
    I guess the days of guild farming are over....
    Yeahhh the end of season farming is over i guess more player not be able to buy enchancer and they like to switch alt coz is save enchancer therefore dev n geng sts return back the previous screen all player will be happy inculding me,because when we run to dungeon 5 player inside to play suddenly other 3 log out or dc and we going to finish n trying to kill boss but you know if 2 or 3 player cannot kill the boss and need help our friends cannot get in to help so this thing sts must look on this matter, please change the program

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I was hoping by friday (today) this would get put back the way it was. I been trying to play savant tonight but people keep leaving fr whatever reason, and nobody can join.
    By sunday i will be ready to rage quit. The game is unplayable like this without getting a team of people together that you trust will stay all the way through to the end.
    For a farmer who now has free time, that map is useless. Pick up games are unplayable to the end now.

If any other hardcore farmers are out there and want to farm savant message me in game and post here. Miners is gonna cost you a ton, if you have a bigger luck its a better solution.
    Hopefully we can get a team together to do some serious runs at it. I'll be farming solo on lower levels I guess..

I am frustrated and disappointed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Please fix this. Or do the same thing in Pocket Legends and see what happens. I now find SL unplayable. I was buying 2 or 3 miners a day before this update. Since sts changed the join game process I have spent exactly 0 plat and it will stay that way unless it changes back. Star Legends was my favorite sts game, but it is now ruined. Please change back soon.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Iaceden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

cruel game and update its seem sts want eat my miners luck all drop green n purple even use miners to loot, I think a time a stop buy plat because no meaning to buy plat n purchase miners to run is same not use miners coz the drop is same green and green

Upset with sts - kiffs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I spent the weekend in redsun, numa, and sloucho. Tried to play savant here or there but people kept leaving before the boss, so I gave up.

You guys are killing your own event with this, it's bad enough most players are in DL and PL since they have newer content

Praying that you put it back the way it was, and release voleria 2 before its too late....
    Last edited by KillaSkillz; 08-20-2012 at 08:48 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to KillaSkillz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    I spent the weekend in redsun, numa, and sloucho. Tried to play savant here or there but people kept leaving before the boss, so I gave up.

You guys are killing your own event with this, it's bad enough most players are in DL and PL since they have newer content

Praying that you put it back the way it was, and release voleria 2 before its too late....
    yes agree with you before too late and all player will leave sl you kill your own program and a lot mmo games i can find i join but since 2011 i really love this sl since you all no think our opition now player at SL going down more of them out from this games