Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: L115 Cap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Love the thread, thanks Hook! Concise, straight-to-the-point and great feedback. I wanted to chime in with some thoughts and also share what I've heard from others as well.

#2. Adding to your point, and I'm sure people will want to make this controversial even though it follows precedent (lol - as some are extremely hardcore for keeping them account-bound and are outspoken to keep things as they are). I think offering players the choice to craft into 1H would be pretty awesome though. Maybe something to the effect of crafting all 3 (or just 2 or just 1) DemiGod items into the 1h of your choice? I do think having the option to use platinum and craft any of those DemiGod items as tradable (just like we could craft into tradable Pfieffer, White Dragon/Blue Angel, for example) would be a positive. Having the badges/titles/achievements as account-bound are great as-is, too.

And as Nihiliste said, maybe a specialized quest to make that happen would be best (and avoid confusion at the Forge).

#4. As it is so OP, it probably needs to be at least looked at for a potential nerf, but 'ice' does act best against fire. Maybe there was some level of intentional OP-ness? Lol. Bird DoT is nowhere near as good, but it does damage - and like you said, I'll need to test other classes once I cap them.

#6. Agreed on set bonuses - there is currently no set bonus for the uncrafted 115 mythic items, and we have yet to hear/confirm if there is a set bonus for any number of crafted 115 mythic either. I will say that the newer gear is definitely better than 110 mythic. I think elite 115 is also better than 110 mythic (and I'm sort of 50/50 if that is best or not).

#9. I think everyone would agree they "want" the new mythic gear, but I honestly like for it to be "rarer" ...especially only a few days into the new campaign. I know lots of players spent lots of gold on XP elixirs and sets in order to grind, so being able to drop rare gear and sell at a premium (and prices will come down as more people play) is a benefit to playing. I think making DemiGods tradable would help players have the option to 'cash out' and make it easier to purchase new mythic gear, too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ignwizzywhite View Post
    Love the thread, thanks Hook! Concise, straight-to-the-point and great feedback. I wanted to chime in with some thoughts and also share what I've heard from others as well.

#9. I think everyone would agree they "want" the new mythic gear, but I honestly like for it to be "rarer" ...especially only a few days into the new campaign. I know lots of players spent lots of gold on XP elixirs and sets in order to grind, so being able to drop rare gear and sell at a premium (and prices will come down as more people play) is a benefit to playing. I think making DemiGods tradable would help players have the option to 'cash out' and make it easier to purchase new mythic gear, too.
    I wanted to highlight this particularly because I do not feel the L115 gear should be considered a “rare” thing. The thing we look for in PL is activity. Many casual players will not be motivated if the L115 sets are too hard to come by. I don’t agree with the inflation in PL and I do think having a better drop rate for the items will fix this issue. I’ve been in situations where I didn’t have gear to PvP like I primarily do, and it was very unmotivating and people weren’t helping by selling them for ungodly amount of gold, we will have a lot more players active if the gear can be obtained easier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    I wanted to highlight this particularly because I do not feel the L115 gear should be considered a “rare” thing. The thing we look for in PL is activity. Many casual players will not be motivated if the L115 sets are too hard to come by. I don’t agree with the inflation in PL and I do think having a better drop rate for the items will fix this issue. I’ve been in situations where I didn’t have gear to PvP like I primarily do, and it was very unmotivating and people weren’t helping by selling them for ungodly amount of gold, we will have a lot more players active if the gear can be obtained easier.
    Fair enough! I may be in the minority, but I rarely if ever PvP so I am firmly in the PvE realm of PL. Having rarer stuff actually motivates me to play more. I think the rarity of the vanity explorer drops helps, but to be fair there are tons of mythic drops already and it's only a week in. Also, they nerfed all of the Myx gold drops (which should help combat the inflation we are all experiencing) and it looks like the 115 campaign drops a solid amount of gold, so players will farm elite/mythic as they begin gold farming there.