Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars- The Old Republic Free?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default Star Wars- The Old Republic Free?!

I just read on LucasArts.com that Star Wars- The Old Republic will be free "with certain restrictions" up to level 50. That's insane, considering before it was up to 15. I am pretty pumped about this. All I care about is gettin' mah light saber and playin' some pvp.

Does anyone play this game already? And can you give me some info on how fun it is and stuff? Seriously, Star wars is the only game that could ever completely replace PL.

Thanks in advance!
    ~MM

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Star Wars>PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I stopped playing and moved on to TSW.

It's a fun game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:752845
    I just read on LucasArts.com that Star Wars- The Old Republic will be free "with certain restrictions" up to level 50. That's insane, considering before it was up to 15. I am pretty pumped about this. All I care about is gettin' mah light saber and playin' some pvp.

Does anyone play this game already? And can you give me some info on how fun it is and stuff? Seriously, Star wars is the only game that could ever completely replace PL.

Thanks in advance!
    ~MM
    I have played the game since beta and I have mixed feelings about the ftp conversion. If they reduce the drop rates and make it so the only realistic way you can get the best gear is by buying it in the cash shop, they will never get another dime from me. I am however, disappointed that they allowed forum trolls and the "elite" endgamers give them too much bad PR.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist:752852
    I stopped playing and moved on to TSW.

It's a fun game.
    SW is still a great game if you don't expect it to be the second coming of WOW, like so many did. BIOWARE dropped the ball by not making a group finder at launch and not continuing the character stories with each major patch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    SW is still a great game if you don't expect it to be the second coming of WOW, like so many did. BIOWARE dropped the ball by not making a group finder at launch and not continuing the character stories with each major patch.
    In space no one can ear you lfg...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I heard about this before. Biggest problem is they're limiting "endgame" content to subscribers. If you're playing on a non sub account, noraidz4u. There's nothing to do once you cap apparently unless you sub.

I subbed since launch to mid July and enjoyed it. Only quit cause my friends quit but we might be back in F2P. Also my computer broke lol and I still need a new one.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84:752868
    I heard about this before. Biggest problem is they're limiting "endgame" content to subscribers. If you're playing on a non sub account, noraidz4u. There's nothing to do once you cap apparently unless you sub.

I subbed since launch to mid July and enjoyed it. Only quit cause my friends quit but we might be back in F2P. Also my computer broke lol and I still need a new one.
    It won't be limited to subscribers only, ftp people will have to pay to unlock endgame content, similar to how you used to have to pay plat to unlock certain dungeons in PL. That is the price you will have to pay if you don't want to be bound to a subscription.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Anyone when when Battlefront 3 comes out?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist:752856
    Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    In space no one can ear you lfg...
    Since the server merges and addition of the group finder, this is no longer the case. Plus, I am in a fairly active guild that has three OP groups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle:752871

It won't be limited to subscribers only, ftp people will have to pay to unlock endgame content, similar to how you used to have to pay plat to unlock certain dungeons in PL. That is the price you will have to pay if you don't want to be bound to a subscription.
    Mind providing the source for this? According to the chart they released it said no Operations for free players.

I remember having to buy content. I don't mind doing that in TOR as long as they release Cartel Coin prepaid cards.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 08-19-2012 at 06:07 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post

Nothing to do? You CAN pvp on the free subscription?...right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I played it when it first came out. Still have a subscription. Just haven't had time to play in the last few months. I love it!!! Never tried pvp though. I hear it's great. I should give it whirl. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:753183

Nothing to do? You CAN pvp on the free subscription?...right?
    And I WANT to pvp...right? Nope, I have zero interest in it.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 08-20-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

And I WANT to pvp...right? Nope, I have zero interest in it.
    Lol you misunderstand me bro! XD I live for pvp. What I'm asking you is, will it be possible for me to pvp on the free subscription? :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Oh, you can. They're not limiting out the queueing for matches as far as I know.

Me, I don't care for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84:752919
    Quote Originally Posted by Growwle:752871

Mind providing the source for this? According to the chart they released it said no Operations for free players.

I remember having to buy content. I don't mind doing that in TOR as long as they release Cartel Coin prepaid cards.
    You are right, I had not read the current FTP FAQ at the time I made my comment. Looks like you will have to sub if you want to run Ops (at least in the beginning). Believe me, if enough people are willing to pay extra for Ops, I am sure Bioware will be happy to charge you for them. Flood their forums with requests for this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Oh, you can. They're not limiting out the queueing for matches as far as I know.

Me, I don't care for it.
    They are limiting the Warzone ques for free accounts, actually. Only "a certain amount" per week.

I love SW:TOR. I've played since it came out.. And I've almost completely quit playing PL because of it lol.
    The Warzones in this game are extremely fun (except for Huttball ). Although, if you join a server that's mostly one-faction based, PvP will not be fun. :/ On my server, lowbie PvP is pretty even, but endgame sucks for Imperials (I'm mainly an Imp player lol).
    Last edited by Zapoke; 08-20-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Nah Grow, I don't feel like posting about it. I'm also sure they'll change it eventually. They are just looking for a reason for people to sub. Something exclusive.

Lol Zap, according to people I had talked to Hutt is the most popular mode because you can play against your own faction. That's probably the only mode I would play, but STILL don't care for pvp. I'm primarily a healer. Healers get destroyed in pvp. It's like having a bullseye on your entire body.

My guild and I were on The Ebon Hawk. RP swrver. Zero interest in pvp, but Micah will probably not be happy.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 08-20-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Lol Zap, according to people I had talked to Hutt is the most popular mode because you can play against your own faction. That's probably the only mode I would play, but STILL don't care for pvp. I'm primarily a healer. Healers get destroyed in pvp. It's like having a bullseye on your entire body.

My guild and I were on The Ebon Hawk. RP swrver. Zero interest in pvp, but Micah will probably not be happy.
    They changed that, too. You can now play all the WZ's against your own faction. The only reason I said something about Huttball is because the Imperials on my server can't figure out how to work together lol.
    I play healer, mostly, as well (Operative), and I only go into WZ's with my healer when I get a guild tank to Guard me the entire game. It makes me nearly impossible to kill, so long as the tank is alive.