Thread: Pvp Combat... and more specifically... how to combat Dark Binding....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Pvp Combat... and more specifically... how to combat Dark Binding....

So I searched and found nothing about dark binding really...

I've been playing a bit of PvP capture the flag and death match and I am getting destroyed by people using a special power (which I presume is Dark Binding) which shows them shooting droplets of blood out in a circle from their body, then nearby opponents (like me) are shown bending backwards like a sun salutation (in yoga) and they can't move for like 4 seconds.

While I am frozen in agony, the person who used the power just messes me up bigtime with another power or just hack 'n' slash and the only power I have that I can use is the simple basic spin (the rush attack does not work while i am immobile). By the time I am unfrozen, I am near dead and it only takes 1 or two more slashes to kill me though my character is level 23 and I have used all my power points to up my basic attack and defense stats.

What can I use to stop or hinder the dark binding immobility spell or at least deliver damage to the opponent while I am bound? Is there a spell I should power up? Is my only choice to do the same dark binding spell on the opponent to immobilize them while I am immobilized?

edit: sorry, I didn't see the PvP forum until too late, now I don't know how to delete this thread and move it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

it's probably fatal burst that you're getting hit by (dark binding isn't available yet). If you're level 23 then you really need to level to 26 (at least 25) because you get power points on each level from 23-26 and higher level characters are much more powerful than you. The only way to counteract fatal burst is to use it yourself. You both will be stunned and so it will cancel out the effects. Good luck!