D: 500
    C: 100
    L: 50
    X: 10
    V: 5
    I: 1

Example: MCDLXIX=1469

I. Introduction

*This guide was intended for those who have started PVPing, but haven't "mastered" it. The guide covers on how to use, where to use, importance of skills, etc.

Note:For very experienced PVPers... You know who you are!!! Please do not read the thread and say you knew everything... If you know every little detail about PVPing (hehe I kinda do), please do not read this thread and post negative comments. Consider this a warning. But of course, you can read if you like! Most of my guide is end game based... So, try not to use these strategies in low level twinking. Oh, and I did this at home... Without Internet... All of this information came from memory! Oh yeah... Also did this on a road trip... *Proud-face*

II. Skills

*Knowing all skills and their function is very important. It was a bit easy for me to remember everything because I have a good sense of memory... Here is a list of every skill and a summary of what it does. Each class has 12 skills. There are 3 classes which means all you need to learn is 36!

Mages:

1.) Heal: Replenish health and clears some negative effects/debuffs.
    2.) Drain: "Steal" health from other opponent (damage enemy and heal at the same time).
    3.) Mana Shield: Instead of damage to your health pool, activating this will do damage to your mana pool.
    4.) Frostbite: Send a "snowball" to freeze and do damage to one enemy.
    5.) Icestorm: Freeze and do damage to enemies around you.
    6.) Firestorm: Send a surge of fire to knock back and do damage to enemies around you.
    7.) Lightning: Send a bolt of lightning to do damage to enemies around you. Also is an armor debuff.
    8.) Nightmare: Debuff your enemy (debuff their defensive stats).
    9.) Weakness: Debuff your enemy (debuff their offensive stats).
    10.) Blessing of Vitality: Buff yourself, and your teammates with a weaker buff, with defensive stats.
    11.) Blessing of Might: Buff yourself, and your teammates with a weaker buff, with offensive stats.
    12.) Resurrect: Revive your teammates on the spot you activated it, instead of having to respawn.

Birds:

1.) Avian Scream: Do damage, knock back, and stun your enemy.
    2.) Shattering Scream: Do damage and debuff your enemy.
    3.) Blast Shot: Do damage to your target and other enemies around your target.
    4.) Armor Break: Do damage and debuff your enemy's armor.
    5.) Blinding Shot: Do damage and debuff your enemy's hit.
    6.) Repulse: Do damage and push back your enemy.
    7.) Thorn Root: Freeze your enemy and lower their dodge.
    8.) Thorn Wall: Freeze enemies around you and lower their dodge.
    9.) Focus: Buff yourself with offensive stats.
    10.) Evasion: Raise your dodge percentage.
    11.) Meditation: Raise your mana regeneration for a short period of time.
    12.) Restore: Heal yourself and raise your health regeneration for a short period of time.

Bears:

1.) Beckon: Pull your enemies to you.
    2.) Stomp: Do damage and push back enemies around you.
    3.) Hellscream: Debuff and stun your enemy.
    4.) Crushing Blow: Debuff your enemy at close range.
    5.) Vengeful Slash: Do damage and potentially knock back your enemy.
    6.) Super Mega Slash: Do damage and knock back (or pull back) your enemy.
    7.) Crippling Slash: Do damage and stun your enemy.
    8.) Rage: Buff yourself with offensive stats.
    9.) Iron Blood: Raise your armor.
    10.) Evade: Raise your dodge percentage.
    11.) Taunt: Taunt your enemies and raise your dodge percentage (can be stacked twice).
    12.) Restore: Heal yourself and raise your health regeneration for a short period of time.

III. Combos

*Combos are said to be useless in PVP... Not really... One extra damage can mean life or death in a 1v1, and possibly a FFA or CTF. And we're talking about combos like Nature Strike, Hot Flash, etc. This is not about skill order! Mega combos are fun to do, but hard to coordinate... I recommend you not try to go for combos that require 2 or more classes.

Combos usually used:

1.) Mages:
    Hot-Flash
    Icestorm --> Firestorm
    Frostbite --> Firestorm

2.) Birds:
    Cruel Blast
    Shattering Scream --> Cruel Blast

[B]3.) Bears:[B]
    Shattered
    Beckon --> Stomp

Note: Mages seem to have an edge when it comes to number of combos. However, icestorm isn't a very "useful" skill. I'm just going by the numbers.

IV. Delays

*Delays from skills can be used to your advantage. However, it can be a flippin' pain in the #%+! It takes practice to master these skills. Here's a list of skills that have a noticeable delay.

Skills:

Mage:

1.) Frostbite
    2.) Icestorm
    3.) Resurrect
    4.) Mana Shield
    5.) Lightning
    6.) Drain

Bird:

1.) Meditation
    2.) Thorn Wall
    3.) Avian Scream

Bear:

1.) Beckon (ARRGGGHHHH I hate the new delay!!!!!!!!!!)

Note:Again, I'm just following the numbers... Seems like bears have an edge when it comes to number of delayed skills. Yes, delays can be useful, but I think fast skills are better. PVP bears (not low level bears) seem to be beckon based... The beckon delay screws up a lot of things, since bears are meant to be "close-quarters" fighters. Again, this is a data based statement.

V. Order

*Now, we'll be talking about orders in which to use skills, aka combos. There are different combos for different PVP levels. I've started (unfinsihed) a guide on combos for all PVP levels... Check that out too! *I've put down some basic combos here... And a key for it... Didn't want to write that much... Oh, and this is part of my Pocket Legends Chrome guide!

Key:

Bears:

Rage - Y
    Iron Blood - U
    Evade - I
    Taunt - O
    Beckon - B
    Stomp - L
    Hellscream - H
    Crushing Blow - K
    Vengeful Slash - N
    Super Mega Slash - M
    Crippling Slash - J
    Restore - P

Birds:

Focus - Y
    Evasion - U
    Blast Shot - J
    Blinding Shot - L
    Armor Break - K
    Repulse - B
    Thorn Root - M
    Thorn Wall - N
    Avian Scream - I
    Shattering Scream - H
    Restore - P
    Meditation - O

Mages:

Blessing of Might - Y
    Blessing of Vitality - U
    Heal - J
    Resurrection - P
    Mana Shield - H
    Drain - K
    Lightning - B
    Firestorm - L
    Icestorm - I
    Frostbite - O
    Nightmare - N
    Weakness - M

Key combos:

Bears:

Buffs: Y - U - I - O
    Nuke: B - H - L - M
    Close Quarters: B - H - J - K - M - N - O - L
    Defensive Nuke: B - H - K - L - M - O
    Hit and Run: B - L - M - P
    Rush: Y - B - L

Birds:

Buffs: Y - U
    Cruel Blast: H - J
    Roots: M - N
    Kite 1: K - L - J - B
    Kite 2: L - K - J - B
    Push Back 1: K - B
    Push Back 2: L - B
    Nuke: K - N - L - H - J - B
    Offensive Warbird: L - K - M - N - H - J - I - P - B
    Defensive Warbird: L- B - K - M - N - L - I - H - J - P - B
    Rush: Y - H - J

Mages:

Buffs: P - Y - U
    Area of Effect Combo Setup: I - B - L
    Single Target Combo Setup: O - K - L
    Anti-Rush: H - L - O - J
    Basic Nuke: O - K - B - L
    Hot Flash Based Nuke: O - B - I - L
    Lightning Based Nuke: M - N - B - L
    Drain Based Nuke: K - L - O
    Defensive Nuke: L - O - J - K - B - O - J
    Debuff Based Nuke: O - M - N - K - B - I - L - O - J - L
    Rush: Y - K - B - L

VI. Classes and Relations

*Some skills are more useful when you're using a specific set of gear, and attributes. Some skills are more useful when you're facing a specific class, such as a Warbird. Let's talk about it. Sorry if I don't list all the types! I've listed this in order of most used.

Mages:

-Pure Int
    -Dexchantress
    -Pally
    -Hybrid

Birds:

-Pure Dex
    -Warbird
    -Int Bird

Bears:

-Dex Bear
    -Pure Str
    -Int Bear

Important skills to use in a fight:

Pure Int: Always to remember to use drain, lightning, and heal. Pure Int makes your skills more powerful... Also, since int gives more mana and mana regeneration, make sure to use it too.

Dexchantress: Drain and firestorm is veryyyy powerful with this class. People sometimes try to get maximum damage using this class. Kiting is recommended in almost all situations.

Pally: Debuffs... CANNOT TELL YOU HOW IMPORTANT DEBUFFS ARE IN PALLIES... Well, I think I made my point hehe! Pallies (not low level ones) must use debuffs to consistently win.

Hybrid: You have high armor and damage, but low spell power. Heal is very unreliable for this class. I don't know much about hybrids... There are some very good hybrids out there, but I'm not one of them. Sorry, but I can't tell you much about them.

Pure Dex: Blast Shot, Armor Break, Repulse, and Blinding Shot are very useful skills. Shattering Scream is good with Blast shot (Cruel Blast), but has bad range. Try to use all these skills in your combo. I like to kite with those 4 arrows when using pure dex.

Warbird: Make sure to Thorn Root and Thorn Wall. Roots trap your enemy so you can get close to them. It also lowers their dodge to make up for the low hit from str gear.

Int Bird: Blinding Shot and Repulse are going to be your best friends. Repulse when you see your enemy starting a combo. Blinding Shot so that they have low hit. Lowering their hit can make up for the low dodge from int gear.

Dex Bear: Dex Bears don't HAVE to use a bow. Pretty much all good bears use dex though. Make sure to land Beckon at all times. In any fight, make sure Beckon goes through. If it doesn't, retreat... And no, I'm not going to tell you my secret to fool birds and mages if I miss Beckon!

Pure Str: High tank capability, but bad 1v1. I do however, see some potential in CTF.

Int Bear: Beckon, Stomp, and Super Mega Slash. These bears are nukists... Make sure to catch your enemy off guard with a very fast combo.

VII. Related Terminology

*Sometimes you'll hear things like "Late Shield" or "Hax Dodge." Let's talk about a few for each skill.

Mages:

Heal:

~Heal is... Well in many scenarios... A mage's best friend. It's also good for FFA and CTF... You can heal your flag carrier or even save them when they're "trapped."

Stunned or Frozen:When you are stunned or frozen, heal can save the day... Moving is actually a big factor in PVP. Not being able to move can really kill.

Heal Timing: Timing heals are very vital in PVP fights. On a mage vs mage duel, don't panic and heal. Make sure you're using it at the right time. I'd say 1/3 health is about the time to heal. In a mage vs bear duel, don't panic and heal right after the bear beckons. Don't waste a heal like that. For that case, I'd say 1/2 should be when you should heal, then mana shield. A bear can easily kill you without a shield. Don't try to go so late with the shield. On a bird vs mage duel, heal as soon as they attack. They carry too much damage to risk it.

Drain:

~Who doesn't like drain? Well, not counting the enemy. It steals health and steals a lot! I love it!

Late Shielding with Drain: Drain is very important for Late Shielding. When you're going to Late Shield, use Drain first. When you use drain at the right time, you'll heal right when your enemy attacks you. On the enemy's second attack, then you can use heal. You still have mana shield! Yay! That's when you use mana shield.

Rushing: Rushing can be really dangerous with Drain... However, if you use it at 12m and then finish your combo, you'll do great. 12m from behind makes it very unexpected.

Late Drain: Late Drain usually is used in Mage vs Mage fights. It's very tricky to do, but if you can time it right before your enemy's shield runs out, you'll probably kill him/her.

Mana Shield:

~This is why mages have a low health pool and dodge. This is one amazing skill. Mages are almost dependent on it. A good mage can time it well against all classes.

Late Shielding: Make sure to time it well. A bit too late can result in a quick death. Against bears, you should see what he is using. A 2h or a 1h? When fighting a 2h, shield before 12m. If he's using a 1h (probably sword), drain at 12m and debuff the bear. All your health should be replenished now by drain. Now, do your combo, but watch your health. When you see it at half, heal and mana shield right away.

Avoiding Blast Shot: On a bird fight, mana shield won't have *long term usefulness. However, it can save your life against a bird's blast shot. If you're good at it, avoid the bird's first combo without mana shield. Then, use mana shield to finish the bird. So yes, kite the bird a bit.

Frostbite:

~Frostbite is a useful skill... The skill has lots of potential. I use it to set up Hot Flashes.

Starting out the combo: Combos that start out with Frostbite should have Firestorm in it somewhere. Frostbite, Drain, and Firestorm is a very good and basic combo, it does 4 different attacks with only 3 skills. The extra attack can add 150 and can mean life or death.

Saving a teammate: You can save a teammate with Frostbite... Especially in CTF. Let's say a bear is carrying your flag and 14m away from the enemy. The enemy can kill the bear if the enemy has buffs and the bear doesn't. You can sacrifice yourself by making time for the bear to run. When you save them, make sure the enemy is frozen (frostbite) and then see if you can even kill the enemy.

Icestorm:

~It's a fun skill to use, but not the most useful.

FFA: In FFA, you can Hot Flash a group of people around you with Icestorm. It also sometimes can help your FFA bear teammate. The bear can stomp and perform a combo too.

Firestorm:

~Really powerful and has a great radius. End it with many combos.

Anti-Rushing: When you see a potential rusher, you can knock them back with firestorm. The knock back pushes them back a bit for you to run away. Some people also throw in a Frostbite just to give themselves more time to run.

Hot Flash: As I've said many times, Hot Flash is very useful. Freeze your enemy and set them up for the combo.

Combos: Firestorm is in almost all good combos. Make sure to include Firestorm in yours.

Kiting: Especially against bears, try to push them back so they don't get close to you.

Lightning:

~A very great skill. Lighting based nukes are extremely powerful. If you plan to nuke, try to use lightning. This is also an armor debuff. Because of that, it is even more useful in nukes.

Nukes: Because lightning has such high damage and debuffs armor, it can be great for nukes. If you can find a way to pair it with firestorm, you'll start to kill mages really fast. Lighting has a delay and if you time it well, you can do firestorm and lightning at almost the exact same time.

Low on mana: In mage vs mage fights, you'll probably use mana shield somewhere. The winner is usually determined by who (no, it's not whom... I see your confusion, but the word "who" in this case is not a object of a preposition) can use their mana most efficiently. Lighting has a short charge up time, but also great damage. When low on mana, try not to use skills like firestorm because you'll just run out of mana and won't be able to heal.

Nightmare:

~A close range debuff. Very useful especially against bears. Remember this has 6m range.

Nukes: If you're going to do a close range nuke, use Nightmare and back up. It lowers your enemy's defensive stats. So, it simply makes your offensive spells stronger.

Weakness:

~Good for mana shield duels. I'd try to rank this high if you're planning to end game. This one however, has 8m range.

Bears: This debuff really weakens bears, sometimes it can save your life. The bear can miss his stun attack and you can escape!

Mana shield duels: When fighting against mages, make sure to use it somewhere... End game mages carry a lot of damage so try to do as much as you can to lower their attack. This means you get more mana! Yay!

Blessing of Vitality:

~A buff that is almost a must use in 1v1. You'll die really fast without it.

Kiting: Some people use Blessing of Vitality just to kite. They switch off to Blessing of Might to nuke later.

CTF: Make sure to use Blessing of Vitality in CTF only when you need it. Don't waste it. Make sure to have it when you're the flag carrier.

Blessing of Might:

~The skill that makes mages hit 600s or 700s. This skill raises critical above 100 percent. Make sure to use it in 1v1. Almost all builds have this ranked 6.

Rushing: ALWAYS use this when rushing. If you don't buff and fail, you're *toast. Buffing makes it almost a 100 percent chance to kill.

Late Buffing: Late buffing is very dangerous, but very good once you master it. Once your enemy's buff is gone and you have Blessing of Might, they won't stand a chance. This can be unsportsmanlike kind of... Usually seen around L20 twinking, but not end game.

Resurrect:

~The only place it's useful is CTF. Reviving your teammates midway saves a lot of walking time.

CTF: Always remember to revive your teammates when they're down. Respawning does the job, but revive is very important.

Tricky CTF tactics: When a teammate revives you and they die right after they finish the skill, try to stay down for a few seconds. Reviving there would be suicide. When your enemies don't expect it, revive and run for the flag.

Birds:

Avian Scream:

~I consider this a panic skill. When in trouble and close range with an enemy, use it.

Frozen: At level 4, Avian Scream unfreezes or unstuns you, this lets you stay at a distance.

Warbirds: Because warbirds can play close range, don't be afraid to use Avian Scream. The knock back doesn't help, but the stun and damage sure does.

Shattering Scream:

~A nice debuff and the first step to the deadliest combo.

Cruel Blast: Shattering Scream is mainly used for Cruel Blast. It is a debuff and also does damage, but it's usually not used alone. Have Blast Shot ready when using Shattering Scream.

Blast Shot:

~Probably a bird's most powerful skill. Also can kill a mage's mana shield.

Mages: Mages who early shield are scary... At 12m, blast shot and repulse them. Don't let them get close to you with mana shield on. If they late shield, try to catch them off guard buy nuking them with all 4 arrows.

Cruel Blast: The skill itself is already powerful... Shattering Scream debuffs the opponent and does a bit of damage, blast shot does a lot of damage, and also an extra hit from the combo. Cruel blast is an insanely powerful combo.

Armor Break:

~A very useful debuff. Makes other arrows deadlier. Does decent damage.

Nukes: High ranked Armor Break lowers armor by a lot. Great to start off nukes.

Blinding shot:

~Dodge even more with this shot. Good if you're playing defensively.

Bears: Bears' worst enemy. First, bears have low hit, second birds have lots of dodge when buffed. When you're fighting a bear, start off with Blinding Shot. If they miss beckon, they're practically useless. Stay around at 8m once the bear misses.

Bird vs Bird: In these fights, there's a lot of luck involved. I think starting off with Blinding Shot is the best. Then, armor break. Love being called Hax Dodger.

Hax Dodge: Those "hax dodgers" actually use blinding shot always. If you start off with Blinding Shot, you'll lower their hit by a lot. Let's say you have 60 dodge and your enemy has 80 hit. This means they have a 20 percent chance to land the attack. This is 1/5. Hax much? Hehe!

Repulse:

~Push back your enemy. Also a tool to keep your enemy at a distance.

Kiting: Repulse is a very vital skill for kiting. When you think your enemy is too close, use repulse and go back to 12m.

Bears: When trapped by a bear, push them back. DO NOT let them get close to you. Death is almost certain if they do.

Thorn Root:

~Lowers dodge and freezes enemy. Has decent range too.

Warbirds: When fighting a warbird, root them so they lower their dodge. Then, back up. If you are a warbird, freeze your enemy and get close to them.

Bird vs Bird: Using Thorn Root to fight another bird takes a lot of guts. I personally like rapidly tapping 4 arrows and backing up. I've seen many people succeed using Thorn Root and Cruel Blast-ing right away. But 8m is a hit close for me though.

Thorn Wall:

~A good skill when 2 or more enemies are clumped together.

Out Numbered:When the enemy is clumped together, use thorn wall then whip in a Cruel Blast. You might even kill 2 people (maybe more) with one combo!

Focus:

~Birds are powerful... As in they do a lot of damage. Focus make them even more powerful, and it raises your chance of hitting the attack too.

Rushing: With Focus on, even bears can't survive the rush.

Caution: Never attack a friend with Focus on... Even if you try not to kill a friend, you almost for sure will with Focus.

Evasion:

~High Evasion gives incredible amounts of dodge. Birds have low armor, so they're almost dependent on dodges.

Warbirds: Now a days, you can dodge a lot with str gear. Let's say it has 40 Unbuffed... Pair it with this and you have like 70... 30 percent chance of hitting you (considering they have about 100) is pretty scary.

Pure Dex: Pure Dex birds can dodge as much with Blinding Shot. As mentioned above, if your rely on dodge, use Blinding Shot. Blinding Shot and Evasion make a good pair.

Meditation:

~Not useful really... But I do it because I want a full set of skills on my layout.

FFA: Birds up to this day, still use a lot of mana... Sometimes you might need it for FFA.

Restore:

~Restore can be a life saver, but it's a bit glitchy for now.

Low on health: When you're really low on health, repulse and push back the enemy. Use Restore then. I think it was +5 H/S for a short period of time. That could be like 60+25 health in 5 seconds. 85 health can give you enough health (well, plus the health regeneration from your gear too) to nuke again.

Bears:

Beckon:

~I think Beckon is a bear's best skill... Since almost all bear skills are close range, you need beckon to get close to your target!

Nukes: To nuke, start the combo off with Beckon, and Stomp sometime soon.

Combo: I start every combo off with Beckon (not low level PVP)... You really need it. Almost impossible to kill the enemy without Beckon... It stuns and draws the enemy to you... Good stuff!

Stomp:

~A nuke's crux... There's not many bear nukes without a stomp. Some people like to keep the stomp for later so that the enemy stays stunned and close.

No Stomp: Some people don't even use Stomp in a fight. It's a good idea actually. If you do use it, make sure to keep the enemy close to you.

Reverse combo: As said above, some people don't use Stomp because it puts your enemy too far from you. However, some people Stomp, but then Beckon right away. This is a good strategy also.

Not so close after all: In low level twinking, you do the opposite. Stomp and use your slashes so that your enemy is far away from you. Come back and Stomp and use your slashes.

Hellscream:

~Really important debuff. This is used as early as level 18 twinking... Or somewhere there. I can't recall.

Debuff trap: Since this stuns and debuffs, you can do both. Bears rely on debuffs to win. This stun is heal-able, but you can still keep them close to you by using other stun attacks. I try to use Hellscream as much as I can. So yes, spam the Hellscream.

After Beckon: Most of the times, good combos start off with Beckon and Hellscream. Bears should Beckon and Hellscream right away for a debuff and double stun.

Crushing Blow:

~I just love this debuff... Mages can nuke as much as they want, but once I hit this, they do virtually no damage at all to me. Spam this as much as possible!

Combos: In many of my bear combos, I make sure I use both debuffs in the enemy before they put my health under half. Hellscream is heal-able, but Crushing Blow isn't. Beckon, Hellscream, wait for Beckon to pull them close, then Crushing Blow is a very powerful combo.

Vengeful Slash:

~Don't rank this high, but it can do pretty decent damage.

When trapped: When you've stunned and trapped your enemy, you can randomly spam skills. I'm saying this for all 3 slashes... Use all your slashes because they actually do a lot of damage.

Super Mega Slash:

~Good to end combos or after a Stomp. Pretty decent damage, and also can send enemies flying at the same time.

Combo ender: Lots of nuking bears like to Stomp and Super Mega Slash.

Send them flying: You can send your enemies flying by Beckon, Stomp, and Super Mega Slash. You can do the opposite by doing Beckon, Super Mega Slash, and Stomp. It holds them back a bit of push them back more. Try to move the opposite direction and Super Mega Slash. Then, try to go towards your enemy and do Super Mega Slash. See what happens!

Crippling Slash:

~Awesome stun! Also good for trapping.

Stun: Other skills can stun enemies. If the stun expires, use Crippling Slash. It has decent range so if they start retreating, you'll probably hit them.

Rage:

~Rage is an insanely powerful Buff. It raises your damage, but also your chance of landing the attack.

Builds: I don't know any builds without 6 rage... Well, decent one, make sure to max it out! Well, 7 if you're 66+ hehe!

Late Raging: In a bear vs bear fight, there's a strategy called late Raging. When your enemy's buffs run out, turn on rage (and maybe switch to a 2h weapon).

Rushing: Rushing with Rage is very intense... Use a 2h weapon or bow. Rage, Beckon, Stomp, and Super Mega Slash. Bears are very good at rushing because they can later turn on Iron Blood and Evade.

Iron Blood:

~A nice armor buff. It's like backup if you don't dodge.

Timing: Iron Blood expires really fast. It also has a long charge up time. Try to time it well so that it doesn't expire after like 2 attacks. Iron Blood expires too fast to be important in Late Raging. It does help, but won't be as useful as dodge buffs.

Evade:

~Sadly, it doesn't add as much dodge as Evasion. It has like half of what Evasion does.

Late buffing: Late buffing is based on Rage, but Evade timing is also important. Bears rely on dodge. Taunt helps, but Evade is also very useful.

Taunt:

~This is an awesome skill. It gives even more dodge than Evade because it can be stacked twice. Also, it can be stacked anytime during the battle... Try to spam Taunt... Bears dodge soooooo much with this skill!

FFA: Bears have an edge over other classes in FFA because of high armor and dodge... Well, at least for me. Birds and mages rely on their buffs while bears can easily run away with their high health pool and dodge. Taunt gives even more dodge... 50 dodge is usually what I get when I stack Taunt.

Always use: If you have Taunt in your build, spam it. It can only help, right? However, don't get too distracted spamming Taunt.

Restore:

~Good for FFA builds. Sometimes +5 health regeneration helps if you're running. As a high level bear, I'd do 1 Restore because it's still a bit glitchy for now.

Running: I tend to use Restore when I'm running away from my enemy. I'd say use it when your health is 1/2. 2/3 is a bit too high for it to he effective. If your health is 2/3, just run away and let health regen do the work. Using Restore wisely is also important!

VIII. Tips

*Meh... Just some random tips...

Mages:

1.) Lightning travels faster when you charge at your enemy.
    2.) When late shielding against another mage, start your combo with drain so that you have 2 heal opportunities.
    3.) Debuffs are more helpful than you might think. Try to use it in your combo.

Birds:

1.) Root to make your enemies dodge less.
    2.) Thorn Wall is a dodge debuff too!
    3.) If you're using a dodge build, use Blinding Shot.
    4.) Stay at a distance from your enemy.

Bear:

1.) Stay as close to your enemy as possible.
    2.) Always debuff.
    3.) Stun your enemy.
    4.) Make sure Beckon hits.
    5.) Late buff against other bears.

Miscellaneous:

1.) When you're chasing an enemy, your skills are 2m more than normal. So, Blast Shot can be 14m if you're chasing somebody!

IX. Thanks

Thanks to all my PVP friends! I would have never gotten here without all your help! Thanks to my mentor too! You know who you are... Hehe... And to people who taught me how to PVP... Instead of farming me, you showed me how to PVP. Many thanks, guys! Thanks for reading too!

X. Updates

8-17-12: Finished Guide
    8-20-12: Updated Pictures
    8-20-12: Pictures Posted
    8-21-12: Edits (Lightning, Astris Issues, etc.)
    Last edited by Noodleleg; 08-21-2012 at 05:47 PM.

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Noodleleg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

What are your favorite pictures?
    Also, please post or private message me if you find an error or would like to add something!

Thanks,
    Noodleleg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodleleg For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

A much needed guide to sum up things into one thread. Good job, guildie!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    A much needed guide to sum up things into one thread. Good job, guildie!
    -Hands out Paw-
    High five ! Thanks, bro!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Lightning also debuffs armor, avian scream unroots/unfreezes yourself

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Twinklaser For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Wow ty! Lol I thought I knew everything but I actually learned a few things! GREAT GUIDE!!

+1!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Disagree with a few things but still great guide!
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

This will be very helpful to many people! (including myself) Great work mate, keep it up!

Just an average signature

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreuefesie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Oooh... So THIS is where you needed all those screenshots for!

Anyway, this is one of the most comprehensive PvP guides I've seen on these forums lately. Must've been a lot of work to make it.

Structured very nice with a ton of usable info. I hope this gets moved to the guides section or be made a sticky or something.

Great job!

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Someone Sticky This Please!

Awesome guide, must have taken a while to cover every class and introduce class-specific combos and tactics. It's a long write up, but it's well organized, and super informative.

Terrific work Noodle!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi steveb! Great guide for new pvpers!!! #YoLo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LolJeff View Post
    Hi steveb! Great guide for new pvpers!!! #YoLo
    Silly Jeff... Trix are for kids !

And many thanks to all for the positive feedback ^_^!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Greate guide. I found a mistake, though, pls want cookie

In the Mage section under Related Terminology, stunned or frozen is [B]Stunned or frozen[/B ] and not Stunned or frozen lol
    01100100011001010111001101101111011011000110100100 10000001110111011011110111001001110011011101000010 00000110001001110101011100100110010000101110

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dynastu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dynastu View Post
    Greate guide. I found a mistake, though, pls want cookie

In the Mage section under Related Terminology, stunned or frozen is [B]Stunned or frozen[/B ] and not Stunned or frozen lol
    -Hands noodle flavored cookie-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Can I Necro my own thread?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

What is this necro you speak of o_O

Thanks for the sig JeffSorrows!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thecrankybearsam View Post
    What is this necro you speak of o_O
    Durp durp