Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Forgotten treasures ends before Fragx is killed if he's in the last chest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Default Forgotten treasures ends before Fragx is killed if he's in the last chest

Not a big problem, but if Fragx spawns from the last chest, the game ends and shows 'return to town' while you're still killing him. The event will be over in a few day but figured I might as well report the issue

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I would like to add that this is the case with all random spawning bosses in dungeons where the "number of enemies to complete the level" is specified (it's the same with King Mynas in Crush the Keeper).

The main problem is that after the "end dungeon" notification appears, if you require help with the random spawning boss no friend can join your game. It has happened before with Fragx when we needed a bird. But it also happened last night with Mynas: we had to kill the shadows 3-4 times before he appeared; when he finally decided to show up, we were out of man power. Unfortunately, no one could join to help as the "level complete" sign was there.

How to fix this? By making games marked as "complete" joinable.
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Brave Sir Robin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

As long as there's people inside, I don't see a problem with making complete games joinable. Now joining games with 0 people should probably not be allowed, still. You know, to allow them to be removed from the system.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    I would like to add that this is the case with all random spawning bosses in dungeons where the "number of enemies to complete the level" is specified (it's the same with King Mynas in Crush the Keeper).

The main problem is that after the "end dungeon" notification appears, if you require help with the random spawning boss no friend can join your game. It has happened before with Fragx when we needed a bird. But it also happened last night with Mynas: we had to kill the shadows 3-4 times before he appeared; when he finally decided to show up, we were out of man power. Unfortunately, no one could join to help as the "level complete" sign was there.

How to fix this? By making games marked as "complete" joinable.
    I suspected it would happen in more places, but never experienced it myself. Thanks for the feedback!

And yes, I had that problem where we needed to invite a bird but they couldn't join.

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    As long as there's people inside, I don't see a problem with making complete games joinable. Now joining games with 0 people should probably not be allowed, still. You know, to allow them to be removed from the system.
    I agree. I don't see a problem of letting us join completed games as long as someone is still in that room

Edit: ran out of thanks again :/

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I praise you for taking the time to post lol +1

Rauekat-lvl 71 bird, Rauekit-lvl 68 bear, Rauekot-lvl 43 mage, Rauekatjr lvl 15 bird! Proud recruiter of "The Elite"! Soon to be officer I hope!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rauekat View Post
    I praise you for taking the time to post lol +1
    Completely off topic, but I thought it was funny how we posted in eachothers thread at almost the exact same time

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Completely off topic, but I thought it was funny how we posted in eachothers thread at almost the exact same time
    Ikr psychic minds

Rauekat-lvl 71 bird, Rauekit-lvl 68 bear, Rauekot-lvl 43 mage, Rauekatjr lvl 15 bird! Proud recruiter of "The Elite"! Soon to be officer I hope!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Just a small update regarding games in which the "Level complete" dialogue has appeared.

As mentioned above, these games are not joinable from the friendslist. However, they can be joined from the list of games (World map -> Join game). It's easy if the game is hosted but requires some guessing (and trial and error) in the case of unhosted games (Forgotten Treasure dungeons are always unhosted ofc). It's not perfect but it's a valid workaround.
    Last edited by Brave Sir Robin; 08-21-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Ah yes. We ran into the issue before FT was released and decided that we liked the fact that FragX could spawn on the final chest after the "King of Bling" was defeated... but we didn't like that the end level / exit screen was right in the middle of the action. So... we moved the end level / exit screen down by about 15% so we could still play our toons without being blocked in this (somewhat rare) case. :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco:754979
    Ah yes. We ran into the issue before FT was released and decided that we liked the fact that FragX could spawn on the final chest after the "King of Bling" was defeated... but we didn't like that the end level / exit screen was right in the middle of the action. So... we moved the end level / exit screen down by about 15% so we could still play our toons without being blocked in this (somewhat rare) case. :-)
    Nice im guna go see if i can tell that its moved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Thanks for your reply

The problem isn't the message though, it's more that you can't invite someone while this message is displayed.

U rok, thanks!

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Thanks for your reply

The problem isn't the message though, it's more that you can't invite someone while this message is displayed.
    Understood. The method that Brave Sir Robin posted above is the 'workaround' for joining dungeons that have "ended." We do what we can to keep people from randomly joining (i.e. using a portal, the 'continue' button, etc.) games that are completed - or even *mostly* completed. This includes disallowing players to join games when they're seen as having ended.

What I've learned from this "Forgotten Treasure" case is - we need to handle it more gracefully in the future! (I do not believe we'll have a substantive change to this mechanism before the event comes to a close.)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: