Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My SL experiment with credits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Esoul View Post
    It's very hard to earn credit from Star legends(why must liquidate item only got 5 credits each..). . .All my friends quit play and back play PL or DL. Just because I like scfi theme. i still play SL sometimes
    Hardcore scifi FTW
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to flashbackflip For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    Hardcore scifi FTW
    Hip hip Horee!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Default update

Ok. Monday will be 3 weeks. I am already at 30,000 credits. I have not run any maps, or recieved donations. Strictly flipping low price items on the terminal to make a profit. Same rules apply, i am level locked at L10, started with 1k credits, logging in every 3-11 hours to check for low price items, collecting my sales and relisting on 6 slots.

I am finding it slowing down. I am at the point where i need to buy bigger ticket items because buying for 100c and selling for 500c when i can seems to slow the growth of my bankroll, there isn't enough turn over going on of my credits, the majority is sitting in my bankroll. The problem is i am not seeing that kind of profit margin in the bigger ticket items. Buying for 1000 or more and making a couple hundred off each sale seems the wrong way to go, but flipping 1k into 5k opportunities are not that common.

Well, that's where its at. I'm gonna have to do some math and figure out how to make more of my credits work for me, to get it building up faster again.

*EDIT*
    Ok checking my calander, i started on aug 15th, 2012, since my first post was on the 22nd. So this post is actually week 2 of the experiment.
    My bad, but on a positive note, i am doing better than i thought
    Last edited by KillaSkillz; 09-02-2012 at 05:01 PM.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I have to agree, I am probably the poorest Lvl 40 right now. I got scammed a few times for lots of credits, and even a razer... Now I have about 6k stashed, I am planning to stop PvE'ing and become a merchant... Buy, sell, and make profit... I can live with never capping...
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

You can do both Szangheili, building bank will go more fast. The key to doing both is making sure you are selling enough to continue building bank and keep yourself in stims. Its really not that hard to do.

The hard part right now is the gear is all old news, so mostly it sells for lower than it could. With a new cap increase and new gear people should be able to sock away a chunk of change just grinding xp and selling the more decent pieces from the drops [but always keeping the best for yourself ]

I don't have luck with personal sales and trades, i use the terminal, it's about as safe as it can get. You just gotta watch the listing fees they
    can eat up your profit if you keep relisting, or list too low

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Hi all, ok after checking the dates this is the end of week 3 of the experiment and I have reached 50,060 credits. I changed up a bit middle of last week and moved out of the usual greens I saw opportunity in Zevon pets, and guttersnipes which were both around 2k-2500, I bought a few of each when they dropped just below 2500 and when they were back up close to 5k relisted and sold at 4k making a 1,500 profit on each. I figure I bought and 3 of each waited a day and sold until the opportunity dried up. The rest were L25 and below greens.

3 weeks, 50k, just off of flipping items that were priced lower than normal on the terminal. I favor an 11 hour auction it seems to be the right length of time for most items. 3 hours can be too short and it don't sell. And above 11 hours seems to be too long and I wind up getting undercut and my item don't sell either.

This weeks tip is: those that pay attention are rewarded.
    This 50k flipped off of 1k equals:
    -One sweet item! (many things can be bought with 50k)
    Or
    -about 7,000 stims!
    Or
    -1/30th of the way to a squidbuddy!
    Or
    - 1 piece of level 40 armor customized, and change left over!

21 days, average is almost 2400 in profit each day. where will I be in another week?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    Hi all, ok after checking the dates this is the end of week 3 of the experiment and I have reached 50,060 credits. I changed up a bit middle of last week and moved out of the usual greens I saw opportunity in Zevon pets, and guttersnipes which were both around 2k-2500, I bought a few of each when they dropped just below 2500 and when they were back up close to 5k relisted and sold at 4k making a 1,500 profit on each. I figure I bought and 3 of each waited a day and sold until the opportunity dried up. The rest were L25 and below greens.

3 weeks, 50k, just off of flipping items that were priced lower than normal on the terminal. I favor an 11 hour auction it seems to be the right length of time for most items. 3 hours can be too short and it don't sell. And above 11 hours seems to be too long and I wind up getting undercut and my item don't sell either.

This weeks tip is: those that pay attention are rewarded.
    This 50k flipped off of 1k equals:
    -One sweet item! (many things can be bought with 50k)
    Or
    -about 7,000 stims!
    Or
    -1/30th of the way to a squidbuddy!
    Or
    - 1 piece of level 40 armor customized, and change left over!

21 days, average is almost 2400 in profit each day. where will I be in another week?
    Very impressive. Can't wait till you hit 100k!

(And I've noticed as people make more low level greens seem insignificant, but that's how you made that money, so even if the profit seems little, it's still better than nothing.)
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Hi everybody! Its the end of week 4 and I am at 65,750 in creds. Sales on the terminal slowed down considerably, I am thinking it is related to the level cap increase annoincement and people are now saving instead for the upcoming new items. Well that and there is quite a bit of L5-L25 greens out there from people trying to get a party hat which doesn't help me getting higher prices for mine.

I do have a stockpile of items, I figure about 15k invested that I could sell eventually for 30-45k, but right now sales cooled down. Should be good here to get items pretty cheap until update, people are selling just to sell. Its a buyers market.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KillaSkillz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Thanx Killa! Really good insights
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

And this is exactly why I am poor today... Gonna have to start merching the right way..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

You know what, I'm gonna do this same experiment... Starting Tuesday September 17th, and I'll give myself a few weeks, see where I end up... Wish me luck! (Right now I am dirt poor, less then 1k creds, lol, remember that)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Im now richer than ever. I have 32k credits and stuff that is worth 210 000 credits (custom runetech set and custom chaos breather for looks) i will sell that later for that price and buy new customs if i find low price offer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Really glad I could inspire some people to give flipping off the terminal a shot. It's a bit more advanced than reselling or just straight up selling. You have to pay attention to what sells at what prices and keep track of what doesn't work so well and avoid it when you see it. I.e the I helmet. Its currently around 100c, but honestly never sells above 250c. There is a bit of room if it can sell at 250c but if you end up having to relist it, you might end up losing credits.

Anyone can flip items with a bit of practice, paying attention and a bit of patience. Sometimes you gotta wait a day or two for prices to go up before selling certain items. And sometimes you will get stuck with a loss, but don't get discouraged, overall your credits will increase quickly.

I've never really tried with the more expensive items like vanities. for one, I like to keep the ones I have lol.
    I'm kind of scared to tie up so much credit in one item if it turns out I take a loss. there are some on the game that are experienced in it. Just too much risk for me plus the really great deals aren't on the terminal, they are from personal trade/sales that I have concerns over (either being called a scammer or getting scammed). For me the terminal is just a really clean way of doing business.

I'm really happy to hear some are giving it a shot. If anyone needs some advice on it in game add me ign: killaskillz. I'd be glad to share what I learned.
    Last edited by KillaSkillz; 09-18-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I'll definitely add you if I don't already... Today I am busy which is unexpected... But I'll hit you up whenever I am ready to start merching wisely, I have done some deals in the past which I now regret, like selling expensive items for a lot cheaper only because I was a bit too desperate for creds...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
    I don't know how much time you spent each day, but I did this. I made a kd engineer toon and just farmed all the low levels from lvl1-28. I made probably 20-22k credits because he never used any stim or power packs. This probably took me around 4 days to complete. But I did spend a good amount of time just grinding. So on average around 1 credit per kill, but on top of that at least 200 stims and powers.

Lets compare it to PL I could probably make a lot more money off of 21k kills. My bird has around 28k kills and probably around 1mil worth of gold. But lets not forget SL credits are worth much more than PL gold. Lets give a benefit of the doubt and divide the gold by 10 (due to the fact the most expensive items in PL are around 10m and the most expensive items in SL are around 1m give or take). Even then I would have more on PL.

So to put it into perspective, it is a lot harder to earn money on SL than any other legend game regardless of ratios. I'm not even sure how there are mils of credits in the game, besides someone buying all those credits to flood the market. Sorry if I'm a bit off topic, but as a newbie it is very hard to make credits despite the effort you put into it. In the end, pray for a vanity haha.
    I understand where you are coming from fully.

Previously made a thread on this, and to work out an average, I went by StS's values. Meaning how much StS believe PL Guild is worth, and same for SL. Works out about what you have said above.

@OP, It's definitely a smart way of merching (:

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kanozaki View Post
    what people shouldnt be afraid of is undercutting. Just be patient and dont panic. If you seen an item getting under cut , there is two things you can do.

1) Hold you item until price goes back up and move on to something else.

2) Buy the undercut item to control auction price.
    Hes Asian...take his advice ;O!
    " Arcane Legend: Aliss lvl.16 Warrior."
    Tired of that Old Sig? Want a Fresh New One?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...re-Design-Shop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kanozaki View Post
    what people shouldnt be afraid of is undercutting. Just be patient and dont panic. If you seen an item getting under cut , there is two things you can do.

1) Hold you item until price goes back up and move on to something else.

2) Buy the undercut item to control auction price.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillFullGamer View Post
    Hes Asian...take his advice ;O!
    No he forgot 3.

3) Undercut the item that undercut you XD
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I'm back again. It's the end of week 5. My credit total is 85,294.
    I only have 2 zevon yorrs left I bought for 2k each, and it looks like I will have to wait a bit for them to go up on the terminal to 3-4k before I sell (which looks like it could be a few days)

I've given it some thought. I'm going to end this experiment right here. I want to focus on the update that's supposed to happen sometime this week with my other toons.

Ok so after 35 days my average is righ around 2,500 in profit each day. As said previously, no map running, or begging. Just 6 auction slots and buying low off the auction terminal and relisting higher when the opportunity comes to create profit.

At this point, it would probably be wise to stash 50k of the 85k as a nest egg. And continue working with the 35k remaining.
    This way you now have a savings going. and hey, as long as it's there you can never call yourself broke again! And if you find yourself short on creds, pull out 1k and get back to flipping items bought from the terminal then replace the 1k once you're comfortable again.

There is no doubt in my mind if I continued this for a year and maintained the profit rate of 2400 credits a day or better, I would be above 800k after 1 year, maybe even above 1 million creds.

I think the 6 auction slots is a must, so a premium toon is a good choice to start with. It's a pain but downloading the free plat offers to make a premium alt just for selling with is a great idea for people that don't want to or can't spend real life money on platinum to get the premium character.

So, I bring this experiment to a close and mark it down as a success. If it was also done with running maps and selling dropped items , the results would have been even better (although with the added stim expense).

I'll be around. Thanks for reading, good luck and good fortune!

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    I'm back again. It's the end of week 5. My credit total is 85,294.
    I only have 2 zevon yorrs left I bought for 2k each, and it looks like I will have to wait a bit for them to go up on the terminal to 3-4k before I sell (which looks like it could be a few days)

I've given it some thought. I'm going to end this experiment right here. I want to focus on the update that's supposed to happen sometime this week with my other toons.

Ok so after 35 days my average is righ around 2,500 in profit each day. As said previously, no map running, or begging. Just 6 auction slots and buying low off the auction terminal and relisting higher when the opportunity comes to create profit.

At this point, it would probably be wise to stash 50k of the 85k as a nest egg. And continue working with the 35k remaining.
    This way you now have a savings going. and hey, as long as it's there you can never call yourself broke again! And if you find yourself short on creds, pull out 1k and get back to flipping items bought from the terminal then replace the 1k once you're comfortable again.

There is no doubt in my mind if I continued this for a year and maintained the profit rate of 2400 credits a day or better, I would be above 800k after 1 year, maybe even above 1 million creds.

I think the 6 auction slots is a must, so a premium toon is a good choice to start with. It's a pain but downloading the free plat offers to make a premium alt just for selling with is a great idea for people that don't want to or can't spend real life money on platinum to get the premium character.

So, I bring this experiment to a close and mark it down as a success. If it was also done with running maps and selling dropped items , the results would have been even better (although with the added stim expense).

I'll be around. Thanks for reading, good luck and good fortune!
    Awesome.
    *Leprecaun appears with pot o' gold.

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!