Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Stat-Driven Skills Feedback Thread for 1.4

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Lightbulb Official Stat-Driven Skills Feedback Thread for 1.4

This is the official feedback thread for version 1.4's updated Skills System.

For details on this change check out this link.

We will be providing two (2) free re-specs after you've all had at least one full day to play with this change.

The team will will be returning to this thread for useful feedback, ideas and issues to address for our next update. The plan is to make small, focused alterations to the skills and their formulas so that both Hybrid and Pure styles feel fun and viable.

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

- Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Woohoo, I can't wait for this!

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

This will be out today with 1.4 today right? Sorry if I missed it in the thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Umm i have feedback! Can you be an ao3 boss... itd be soooo cool! i even drew some basic art! Pretty Basic... tried to add as much detail as possible..
    Last edited by TwinkTastical; 08-31-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I have a question. When lightning at level 5 says damage 66 - 166, does that mean it rolls for damage between the two?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One weird thing. Before the update my Archer had one point in Restore. Afterwards, the skill point became unused. But only that one skill point and I have not used a respec. He's a pure Dex archer. So is there a base STR/INT needed for healing spells now?

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsCP View Post
    One weird thing. Before the update my Archer had one point in Restore. Afterwards, the skill point became unused. But only that one skill point and I have not used a respec. He's a pure Dex archer. So is there a base STR/INT needed for healing spells now?
    This skill changed with 1.4. When a skill changes we give you back the points you put into that skill so you can re-spend them.

- Cinco

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Now that I confirmed my own question by checking the patch notes again that do say minimum and maximum, I can mention my issues with the roll. A roll of 95-105 for lightning would be one thing, but a range of 64 - 161 seems excessive. I know it averages out over the long run, but the variance could be ridiculous in a PVP matches where the sample size (number of skill uses) would be so small over a match. I know some weapons have a large range but the speed of a weapon helps smooth it out. Just a thought to toss out to mill over.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still wish I had a bit bigger boost to armor and hp as a warrior where an archer gets a huge boost to hit% and crit with dex.
    Kavanah: "Cinco, would you rather be in a Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying mosh pit?"
    Cinco: "Norma Jean, in that case /mosh"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kavanah View Post
    I still wish I had a bit bigger boost to armor and hp as a warrior where an archer gets a huge boost to hit% and crit with dex.
    Depending on how good the increase in damage to skills is, its probably still better to invest in dex after reaching the min str required to equip items. That's my hunch anyhow. Dex is just too good overall to pass up on compared to bumping more into STR, and for a tank you are using your skills more for the effects they have rather than the DD they bring to the table. Would be interested in hearing if the damage increase to these skills makes it worth dumping any investment in dex....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ok my first initial impression of the change for a paly in pve is.... I can't notice any negative impacts, I played balefort castle:5 as my experiment as it helped me with the tomes quest and I'm familiar with the damage I do & approx. amount of crits.

So after running the same map post skill change, if anything I have noticed very little difference to my damage output & a slight increase in the amount of crits I receive.

I'll post more tests when I get to work and have a chance to try some higher maps to compare with my pre update notes.

Also played some pvp this morning, didn't seem terrible, but I'm not a good pvp player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I know. I can hardly tell it has changed. I tried to solo Tombs of Mynas using some AoE spells with an upper 30s enchantress, but she was not able to obliterate the mummies before they killed her. So, I think the impact on PvE might be minimal.

How is it working for any one you PvPers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So far everything I've seen I'm loving. Don't change a thing.
    Danknugget 45bear, Magicgrass 45elf, Flyinghigh 23bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yea pvpers any feedback?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey...
    I've just played a cluster of games w Furrawn my paladin to see how the new changes would affect her. In all honesty (and you know I'm honest), I don't see anything negative AT ALL. I have to admit that all my hybrids have the amount required to equip 45 lvl inventory (or whatever lvl they are at) and all the excess pts are always put into the build. So furrawn was str 159 int 86. She's not weaker w the update. If anything, I feel like her spells are more effective than they were....

Personally, I'm loving this update...
    And thks again, devs, for the upcoming two free respecs...

I don't know how other hybrids are faring... I have an int birdie, int bear, & bowbear... I'll see how they are... Anyone tried other hybrid builds yet? Or pures?
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

ok for pvp this update has not fixed the unbalanced issue... all it has done is just tilt the axis towards pure dex archers and tanks (sort of)... hybrids do nothing i cant seem to get maybe 2 or 3 kills wit my bowbear but can get like 10+ with my pure dex archer... the talon archers r the best in pvp now... ye for pve theres not much difference noticeable but in pvp there is an apparent noticeable difference... instead of fixing the imbalance in pvp it just has shifted it over from pallys to archers

i donno me personally, i think there can never be balance in this game hate to be pessimistic but i believe so... i was thinking maybe tweak the dmg on skills a lil bit to create some sort of balance... like archers blast shot is just ridiculous right now and drain life too... i donno im not that knowledgable in these MMO things but just what ive noticed and think
    Smokestar - Lvl 77 Pure Dex Bird
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah there will probably always be better classes thats part of the fun, trying to find which it is and/or how to beat the best class.
    Staffed 46 Littlepvp 30 Staved 19. Laconic level 30
    stazed level 30

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

not much difference that ive noticed...but i like
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smokester View Post
    ok for pvp this update has not fixed the unbalanced issue... all it has done is just tilt the axis towards pure dex archers and tanks (sort of)... hybrids do nothing i cant seem to get maybe 2 or 3 kills wit my bowbear but can get like 10+ with my pure dex archer... the talon archers r the best in pvp now... ye for pve theres not much difference noticeable but in pvp there is an apparent noticeable difference... instead of fixing the imbalance in pvp it just has shifted it over from pallys to archers

i donno me personally, i think there can never be balance in this game hate to be pessimistic but i believe so... i was thinking maybe tweak the dmg on skills a lil bit to create some sort of balance... like archers blast shot is just ridiculous right now and drain life too... i donno im not that knowledgable in these MMO things but just what ive noticed and think
    No offence to any hybrids, but this is the way it needs to be. The dex class needs to be the highest in DPS, not the tank (or tank-hybrid for that matter). I'm just glad it actually makes sense now. THANK YOU SPACETIME! Very long awaited update, despite the tweaks it may need.

Level 45 Archer - Pex
    Among the first archers on Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Before we seriously consider any more modifications to the skills in lieu of PvP balance, can we get some kind of health/mana system update? We at least need more HP pool to work with before trying to trim damage to acceptable levels. Archers and Enchantresses are now damage monsters, chewing through any health bar in a single volley.