Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Complaints not useful!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Complaints not useful!!!

Every time there is a change in PL that people don't like, they complain, and then STS implements an update with changes to address the complaints. And in every case I can think of, there solution makes it even worse. Here's the recent ones:

1) Volcano vanity helm -- people don't like, complain and it is replaced with monarch helm. Now people wish they could get volcano helm back.

2) L70 sets have blue smoke, people complain, now have stars instead and everyone agrees blue smoke was better

3) Forgotten weapons OP -- everyone complains and now still OP but you can't equip them if dual speced.

From now on just accept the updates as they are. Part of playing this game is learning to adapt to changes. If you don't like the smoke on your set, get a different set -- there are certainly many to chose from. If a weapon is OP, then buy the weapon and then be happy about it. If the price of certain items drop because of an update, then welcome to a normal economy. Yes, the stock market plunges sometimes due to various changes as well, and so will the PL economy at times.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Thank you^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Welcome to most gaming communities ever.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

From what you posted i figured is this...let STS go with their original ideas.
    They create the game and we play the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

The Pocket Legends community is really good compared to other games like Minecraft (worst community of any game in the history of gaming).

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

It's not 100%, to be fair

After Humania launched, you got notifications every time one of your friends logs in. Every single time.
    STS removes the friend notifications. Everyone is happy that they are gone. No complaints about that change.
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I might have to go back to giving thanks instead of rep. I tried to rep you but it won't let me, Cuz I already did on some other thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

From the wise words of "Totalbiscuit"~ "Then I remembered no one learns anything in an mmo"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    It's not 100%, to be fair

After Humania launched, you got notifications every time one of your friends logs in. Every single time.
    STS removes the friend notifications. Everyone is happy that they are gone. No complaints about that change.
    People only remember the bad events, it's just the way the world works. :/
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Complaints are extremely useful, and they seem to be working very well for the ones complaining.

1) Group A complains about Volconut. It is replaced by Monarch Helm. Group A is happy so they stop complaining, but Group B does not like Monarch Helm, so THEY complain.

2) Group C does not like Smoke. It is replaced by Stars. Group C is happy so they stop complaining, but Group D does not like stars, so THEY complain.

So you see, complaining IS working for the people who complained FIRST, just not for, well, everyone else. So the key is complain loud, complain often, and most importantly, COMPLAIN FIRST!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Actually Fluff, we'd prefer well constructed, drama-free discussions
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

In that case, could you please reconsider not making the Humania Elite Vanity Helmet set with previous Elite Vanity items, such as the Mount Fang Armour. STS loses absolutely nothing in this process and a lot of paying customers feel cheated and misled about what happen. I believe it would go a long way to restoring faith in the direction of the game to do this and now that everyone knows, you can simply not apply it to future Elite items if you choose. The point was that people were under the belief based on 100% application of past Elites that there would be a set bonus and STS did not mention one thing otherwise during the material time when the MFA was being promoted heavily, leading to the feelings of being misled.

It's a win-win for STS to alleviate a lot of the ill will created and reward a lot of its most loyal customers who have actually paid money into the game to get the MFA Elite. Thank you.
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

When I mentioned my list of examples, I was not talking about software based issues like the friend notification. Items like that can be changed and fixed at any time and it does not affect the continuity of the game. But when things like item stats, drop rates or other such things are changed, it has major effects on things like pvp, the PL economy, etc.

Imagine the dual spec bear who spent the last week selling all of his items in his inventory so he can afford to buy a Forgotten Bow, and he finally buys it, and a few hours later he cannot even use it unless he respecs, and if he respecs he cannot wear the armor and helm he currently has. It's sad to say, but once items, dungeons, or other things are added to the game, they should just be kept as is unless there is some kind of software issue that is causing problems. Things like stats, item rarity, or boss difficulty should not be messed with in my opinion because it has too many adverse effects on the continuity of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post

In that case, could you please reconsider not making the Humania Elite Vanity Helmet set with previous Elite Vanity items, such as the Mount Fang Armour. STS loses absolutely nothing in this process and a lot of paying customers feel cheated and misled about what happen. I believe it would go a long way to restoring faith in the direction of the game to do this and now that everyone knows, you can simply not apply it to future Elite items if you choose. The point was that people were under the belief based on 100% application of past Elites that there would be a set bonus and STS did not mention one thing otherwise during the material time when the MFA was being promoted heavily, leading to the feelings of being misled.

It's a win-win for STS to alleviate a lot of the ill will created and reward a lot of its most loyal customers who have actually paid money into the game to get the MFA Elite. Thank you.
    Why doesn't STS just continue making new vanity sets..? The complaints all bubbled up once they announced there wouldn't be new ones, and therefore would never be something to challenge the (yes, small, but significant) advantage of having the old elite vanity set. There are already vanity's with stats, and since Techno announced that these items always will, why are you suddenly stopping the production line? You're not getting rid of the vanity stats, but even Techno is opposed to the idea of vanity stats. I think you should just continue making elite vanity sets, or abolish all vanity stats entirely. Including... The elite vanity set.

Anyway, back on topic:
    I agree. Complaints are not useful at all.

(Goodness I love hypocrisy )
    Last edited by Dynastu; 08-24-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    01100100011001010111001101101111011011000110100100 10000001110111011011110111001001110011011101000010 00000110001001110101011100100110010000101110

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I kind of agree with what Fluff said there. It's true. Far more people will complain about something they feel is wrong than people will compliment what they feel is right.

Because of this STS reacts to the ppl complaining to make them happy, and usually piss off far more people with the change. What Fluff said is exactly true.

In this most recent bout of drama, it's not even how I feel about using a forgotten weapon. It's the fact that the "stat Increase" still allows full-specced birds to keep the new insane power when everyone else suffers for it.

A dexbird vs a warbird was really one of the most balance "1v1" at endgame PvP. now that's over. Should have made the armor they gave rediculously low to match the rediculously high damage, not just made it so the people who would actually use it will still be able to use it just fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Complaints not useful!!!

So true energizeric (i liked volcano, blue smoke, and Forgotten with low stats)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    [A bunch of example of things getting worse in his opinion]
    So what you're saying is that STS is so inept at modifying PL that we should all just be as quiet as possible and hope they don't notice the game is still here lest they decide to change something, because it always ends in disaster. That's an interesting strategy, I'll give you that.

"Everybody freeze....their vision is based on motion! Maybe they won't notice us!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

they did pvp rebalance by themselves

and 90% of the community loved it
    yea, yea, yea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    So what you're saying is that STS is so inept at modifying PL that we should all just be as quiet as possible and hope they don't notice the game is still here lest they decide to change something, because it always ends in disaster. That's an interesting strategy, I'll give you that.

"Everybody freeze....their vision is based on motion! Maybe they won't notice us!"
    No, what I'm saying is that every time they modify something it causes adverse effects, and while some people are affected in a good way, others are affected in a negative way.

Some of these "modifications" are part of the normal growing of the game. For example, adding the Humania expansion may have caused crafted orlok items to drop in value, but it was part of the normal growing of the game and was therefore a good thing. But if STS had instead not grown the game but just decided to suddenly make orlok items drop as often as AO pinks, then that would have been a bad thing. Obviously people who could not afford orlok items would have loved such a change. But others who had spent lots of money on the sets would have been upset.

So my opinion is this: Don't make a change unless it is necessary, because every time you alter something, there are going to be negative effects on some of the players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    No, what I'm saying is that every time they modify something it causes adverse effects, and while some people are affected in a good way, others are affected in a negative way.

Some of these "modifications" are part of the normal growing of the game. For example, adding the Humania expansion may have caused crafted orlok items to drop in value, but it was part of the normal growing of the game and was therefore a good thing. But if STS had instead not grown the game but just decided to suddenly make orlok items drop as often as AO pinks, then that would have been a bad thing. Obviously people who could not afford orlok items would have loved such a change. But others who had spent lots of money on the sets would have been upset.

So my opinion is this: Don't make a change unless it is necessary, because every time you alter something, there are going to be negative effects on some of the players.
    Building off of this, I suggest STS talk to their PvP regulars at low level and see what they think about the bows. Sure, they could ask new players what they think about getting a random super weapon very easily, but noobies come and go. Why not get feedback in game from people who actually deal with these new weapons?