Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL Today – In-Depth Analysis and Long Term Outlook

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I've quit until things are fixed,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Everyone'sFavMage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I was apart of that era (feels good to say that)
    MAINS: L56 Ursan xkiilzx, L55 Avian Unxtoxic, L55 Spellcaster Nonxtoxic, L10 Avian Merchant Toxicmerchant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone'sFavMage View Post
    I've quit until things are fixed,
    You PM me "I quit." every other day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

in before relock

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

I'm just too lazy to read. (>@.@)>
    Anyways, great effort. I can imagine how long it took for you to type down all your opinions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This was perhaps the most well written post(s) that I have yet to come across on these forumns. Thank you for all the time, effort, and research put into your article. Your post has me wondering if the balance between freemium marketing and player skill will be tilted in the same manner in the upcoming Arcane Legends. I truly hope not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Default Good Thread!

As some people may know I quit PL at the beginning of the Humania cap. I logged on today and started to twink again... And clearly I found out about these new op weapons. Figuring that prices can only go up I bought a bow and began to kill. Killing is way easier then ever before! I feel like a tier: Dev with these op weapons. I've always considered myself below T1 but above the average T2 players.

Now what happened to skill? I had no idea! I want to ask the devs to release another pl. A pl up to sewer cap.
    Anyways, Good post <3 you all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    As some people may know I quit PL at the beginning of the Humania cap. I logged on today and started to twink again... And clearly I found out about these new op weapons. Figuring that prices can only go up I bought a bow and began to kill. Killing is way easier then ever before! I feel like a tier: Dev with these op weapons. I've always considered myself below T1 but above the average T2 players.

Now what happened to skill? I had no idea! I want to ask the devs to release another pl. A pl up to sewer cap.
    Anyways, Good post <3 you all!
    Lol i had the same reaction! At first you think your legendary but after it gets very boring after skill is not involved and when you see the diversity wiped out! Btw nice thread again Whoisthis!

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #89
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Thank you for the extensive and thoughtful post. I'm looking into the dodge stat's on Humania legendary gear. I will also take this into consideration with the new items I'm creating. I'm still reading your posts, but wanted to let you know that we really appreciate all this constructive feedback.

Just a side-note: We value PVP very much because it's a great way to have fun in PL. It's also an important part of our end-game. It is extremely difficult to know exactly how gear balance will play out when millions of characters are using it. We rely on your feedback to a certain extent. We are most likely to address feedback that is constructive, actionable, concise and reaches consensus. How we address your feedback (especially regarding balance issues) may not be what you expect.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Techno Email For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    Thank you for the extensive and thoughtful post. I'm looking into the dodge stat's on Humania legendary gear. I will also take this into consideration with the new items I'm creating. I'm still reading your posts, but wanted to let you know that we really appreciate all this constructive feedback.

Just a side-note: We value PVP very much because it's a great way to have fun in PL. It's also an important part of our end-game. It is extremely difficult to know exactly how gear balance will play out when millions of characters are using it. We rely on your feedback to a certain extent. We are most likely to address feedback that is constructive, actionable, concise and reaches consensus. How we address your feedback (especially regarding balance issues) may not be what you expect.
    Yes, finally, a response about PvP balance! Thank you, Techno. I was incredibly frustrated with the deterioration of PvP and I didn't think it would ever get addressed.
    01100100011001010111001101101111011011000110100100 10000001110111011011110111001001110011011101000010 00000110001001110101011100100110010000101110

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    I should note that this is the first real response I can find on the forums that has indicated that PvP holds some value to the development team of PL.

I will withhold further judgement until I see changes (if any).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

+1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Dodge needs reduced over all at end game, also armor(increased) or dmg reduction as well, a one shot kill should never be happening in a buffed fight of players of the same level

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

No, dodge should not be reduced. Those darned yetis roaming Huamania kill non elixir use mages like ant. Even when level cap is raised, at this point to 71, i cant believe my HP is still 400 like when i was level 1, when that yetis have like... 2000 hp!?
    The problem all lies in our meagre HP. The health cap should be raised. We gorged insanely amount of health pot each run, PL has turned into a quick-finger potting game.

Why is an endgame character having 400 HP!!! In all other games, your HP always goes up when you levelled.
    Even with point based allocation attributes, i still think you should have a basic HP raise for all classes.

Like, A meagre 2hp per level for mage, 2.5 for archer, 3 for warrior will even do,
    Better yet make a ascending hp increase curve yield. (not descending curve)
    Steepest slope for warrior class.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverpegasus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I definitely think the running backwards range issue needs to be fixed. If it's a bug or intentional, I can't stand it!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ixillicus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

This requires a much needed BUMP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

This is indeed constructive criticism. =D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

@Who,

Very well written posts! I share many (if not all) of your concerns and have voiced many of them in other threads.

A major source of the problem keeps coming back to Elixir usage and the decline of player skill. To combat skill decline, STS has Elixirs and OP'd gear. Because of the gear and Elixirs, they have to make the mobs much tougher - more damage, more HP, higher armor. Because of the OP'd mobs, more players commit to Elixirs which just continue the vicious cycle.

Frankly, I can't see STS doing away with Elixirs (as much as I would LOVE to see that) because it has become a major revenue source.

Cooperative gameplay has to become the focus for future caps because that has been the component of the game that has declined with each new release. Perhaps introductions of AOE Mega Combos and Single Target Mega's would help.

My opinion is that a single potted staff mage should not be able to lead the group and initiate first contact with a mob. Another problem is that a non-potted groups Mega Combo should be doing more damage than a potted staff mage's Drain + Firestorm.

I would honestly like to see better group combos that offer critical debuffs on mobs and bosses and critical buffs on party members. I would also like to see more chained combos that multiply damage. Furthermore, I would like to see chained buff/debuff combos.

So, here are some suggestions

BUFF COMBOS
    Invincible Group
    Makes all players within 12 meters sustain 0 damage from enemy attacks for 10 seconds.

Bear: Iron Blood
    Mage: Blessing of Might
    Bird: Evasion
    Mage: Blessing of Vitality

Mega Rage
    Doubles damage output and crit chance of all players within 12 meters for 10 seconds

Bear: Rage
    Mage: Nightmare
    Bird: Focus
    Bear: Hell Scream

Massive Heal
    Sets the HP of all players within 12 meters to 100% full.

Mage: Heal
    Bear: Restore
    Bird: Restore
    Mage: Heal

Group Magic Shield
    Extends a Magic Shield around all players within 12 meters for 12 seconds.

Bear: Restore
    Bird: Meditation
    Mage: Magic Shield

DEBUFF COMBOS
    Mega Nightmare
    Reduces armor to 0 for all enemies within 8 meters for 5 seconds

Bear: Hell Scream
    Mage: Weakness
    Bird: Avian Scream
    Mage: Nightmare

CHAINED COMBOS
    My thought on chained combos is that for every consecutive hit on an enemy (regardless of type) prior to a successfully landed counter-attack, that the damage increases either logarithmically or by an increasingly scaled percentage. This way, after a bunch of successful auto-attacks, landing a Combo or Mega-Combo would amplify damage significantly.

OTHER THOUGHTS
    The order of Mega Rage and Mega Nightmare are complimentary, and can be chained together successfully to attain Double Damage + Mob/Boss with 0 armor. The point is that these chains are not easy to execute, but the benefits are significant, so group tactics play a much more visible role in the game, and negates the need (for some) to use Elixirs.

The counter of this argument is that bosses and high level mobs should be able to execute similar buff/debuff combos.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

23. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

@GoodSyntax,

It'd be even better if some of these combos weren't possible when 2 or more group members were in possession of an elixir, but yeah right lol. This game is sadly becoming revenue > gameplay (or has been for a while, I mean).
    01100100011001010111001101101111011011000110100100 10000001110111011011110111001001110011011101000010 00000110001001110101011100100110010000101110

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Unfortunately, team tactics has taken a back seat to elixir usage and the overall cooperative gameplay has been in steady decline.

Hopefully, STS introduces more features that are focused promoting cooperation.

I was just trying offer up some ideas that would help promote better team mechanics. The point being that potted users can still rampage across the map like they usually do, but an unpotted team can be just as effective (maybe even more so) if they work well together.

Group buff/debuff would be especially effective for boss fights - kind of like the old days in AO or the Sewers when a great team could dominate the map without all the new-fangled elixirs.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained