Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The archer seems to be pointless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxvegas View Post
    lol is this thread still open ?
    shuss or my pointy archer shall point thee with pointy pointed arrows of pointyness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post
    At higher levels, warriors dont have hp potion problems, only mana potion problems. Their armour will be high enough to tank.
    ok fair enough, with the exception of that annoying lil bill
    Gankenstein Nyk(retired) - Archer - Alterra Realm
    Guild Member of Venom
    Guild Website - venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Running around in dungeons with animals carrying weapons might also be pointless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _ck View Post
    Running around in dungeons with animals carrying weapons might also be pointless.
    future pvp may be pointless as PETA may deem it as unethical treatment of animals
    Guild Member of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This dude has to be out of his mind... ARCHER'S!... POINTLESS!... RIGHT. Tell me you just wanted something to say. LMAO... Wow! {Loso, Nyk and Maxvegas}... You must havent seen us in action.
    Legendary Loso

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Loso View Post
    This dude has to be out of his mind... ARCHER'S!... POINTLESS!... RIGHT. Tell me you just wanted something to say. LMAO... Wow! {Loso, Nyk and Maxvegas}... You must havent seen us in action.
    us three vs two of your war friends choose an instance and let's put it to the test, we'll be clearing mobs at light speed bros
    Archer. maxvegas
    Warrior. loonee
    Enchantress. zephyrs

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post
    shuss or my pointy archer shall point thee with pointy pointed arrows of pointyness.
    Haha, that got a laugh out of me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxvegas View Post
    us three vs two of your war friends choose an instance and let's put it to the test, we'll be clearing mobs at light speed bros
    I like that Max. LOL
    Legendary Loso

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The OP is just jealious of our Archers mad skills Loso and Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by nathanyc View Post
    those are some pretty terrible archers you are not choosing lol.

not to mention the massive of health / mana pots those warriors will be using

5 archers is a bundle of dps and crowd control (root / repulse shot/ even kiting)
    i usually run with 2 other archers and thats enough dps and control to clear an instance easily and quickly
    Not so but i don't mean to be argumentative.

Basicly, groups of warriors and archers don't mix very well. What happens is your 2-3 archers hit the mobs before the warriors get to them, and the mobs start bouncing around and the warriors dont get a chance to unleash their dps. When you put 5 warriors together, everyone is moving at the same pace, and all the mobs are close to the warriors. if they bounce off, beckon solves the problem. The clear time ends up being the same. Secondly when warriors reach about 63-72 armor, the damage taken is negligible. Only bosses and trolls can really hurt the warriors enough for pots, but with iron blood and evasion, as well as super mega slash (or a war hammer) to stun lock the mobs, warrior groups go through very very few potions. So while the two classes don't mesh well together, separately they clear at about the same speed. Also there are several techniques for put out huge burst damage with warriors, so that together, even just 2-3 warriors can take down the highest level bosses in literally seconds.

Both classes are excellent, but unfortunately they do not work well together as dpsers. When one warrior simply decides to be crowd control the pairing works, but then again the archers don't really need it if there are more than 2 in a party.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

archer and warriors can play both fine together as long as people keep their place and jobs ,that's the difference between a good player and a noob.. Know your place , as an archer let the war agro and then...... RELEASE THE KRAKEN !!!!!
    Archer. maxvegas
    Warrior. loonee
    Enchantress. zephyrs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Whoa, whoa, whoa... what?

Never thought I would see the day.
    Goregrind - Warrior - Alterra
    Venom Guild
    http://venom.forumn.net/index.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post

Basicly, groups of warriors and archers don't mix very well. What happens is your 2-3 archers hit the mobs before the warriors get to them, and the mobs start bouncing around and the warriors dont get a chance to unleash their dps. When you put 5 warriors together, everyone is moving at the same pace, and all the mobs are close to the warriors. if they bounce off, beckon solves the problem. The clear time ends up being the same. Secondly when warriors reach about 63-72 armor, the damage taken is negligible. Only bosses and trolls can really hurt the warriors enough for pots, but with iron blood and evasion, as well as super mega slash (or a war hammer) to stun lock the mobs, warrior groups go through very very few potions. So while the two classes don't mesh well together, separately they clear at about the same speed. Also there are several techniques for put out huge burst damage with warriors, so that together, even just 2-3 warriors can take down the highest level bosses in literally seconds.

Both classes are excellent, but unfortunately they do not work well together as dpsers. When one warrior simply decides to be crowd control the pairing works, but then again the archers don't really need it if there are more than 2 in a party.

As stated before, you people play with some really bad archers that obviously have no idea how 'proper' damage should be dealt. I dont know about the ones you play with... but when i roll with these 2 on my warrior. they give me atleast 1 hit before they dps.. and i never lose aggro. Being a good archer is not just about how much you can dps and how quick you can dps something down... but being smart as well, knowing when to start dpsing and controlling it.
    Guild Member of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by nathanyc View Post
    As stated before, you people play with some really bad archers that obviously have no idea how 'proper' damage should be dealt. I dont know about the ones you play with... but when i roll with these 2 on my warrior. they give me atleast 1 hit before they dps.. and i never lose aggro. Being a good archer is not just about how much you can dps and how quick you can dps something down... but being smart as well, knowing when to start dpsing and controlling it.
    Well i cant speak for random archers i play with, But Archerman, Loso and Dizko know what they are doing and im basing those comments on that. Its not about if they are letting you tank or not, its about the fact that together 2-3 archers can kill anything before it gets to them anyway. Generally they don't need to let me get a hit first, cause with a full party they just insta kill everything except a boss. For bosses i take the boss to a corner generally and tank him, and they mop up everything else.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post

I think archers are better at dps because
    1 ranged attacks mean no walking between targets. So you can easily kill everything with minimal time wastage walking to archers, mages, or even chests.

2 Blastshot is a ranged AoE, and does not knock monsters around. 2 blastshots is usually enough to kill most monsters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Azrael I love you post it's so true what you said... Thanks for noticeing the skills of true Archer's. It's also true what Maxvegas said; people need to know there place! If you guys want more kills just become an archer... Their's no need to debate what's the best Legend to choose from. It's simple the (Archer)...LOL, no seriously they all are good in thier on way people need to know thier role and everything will be fine.
    Legendary Loso

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

LOL at TC who thinks warriors are better than archers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Am I missing something, or is the archer much weaker and far less effective than the other classes? The only nice thing is that they can get out of the way while the more powerful characters do everything. I am currently morphing the archer into a warrior, and that will probably work pretty well once I can get some decent gear. But then what's the point? They really need a unique skill of some kind (enchantresses are better range already).

This is still a very cool game. I just think that needs to be fixed.
    Lol.....I feel offended.....the archers do have a weaker start if compared but trains better than the warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think I'm the only one that stills rolls dagger .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wiilt View Post
    Lol.....I feel offended.....the archers do have a weaker start if compared but trains better than the warrior
    actually archers are easier at the start and only at the last few dungeons start to suffer. (no tanking ability)