Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Level31! Cara pls see!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles:764458
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy:764443
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_uPebbles:764424
    And fyi, I was one of the people who PMed Cara about this bug to begib with.

Cool, so why would you mind if you were rolled back? You knew full well the xp was incorrect.

I knew when I leveled. Not before. Via the level up window that popped up. I don't want a roll back because its not fair to us. We leveled and get to use the new gear and have the new van -which in no way effects anyone else- other than we got there first and you didn't. It was not our fault so I don't want to lose the ability to use those items in game.

Ah but it is fair. It doesn't give you and the others anything but it sets everything right. If you knew there was something wrong (Which you just said you agreed that you knew), then it is very much exploiting the bug.
    You don't want it changed just because you and others got it first? Because you only grinded 10% of what others will have to and got the new gear, but just don't want to admit the fact that you don't deserve it. Grind the rest of the 17.6k then you can use the new gear when you earn it instead of all this.
    All I read from your post is: "Exploiting this bug is fair and we want to keep what we got" and "What? Rollback us to 30 with 1.7k xp so we have to grind the majority of the xp we were supposed to? Not fair!!!"
    You gave me the lulz.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy:764468
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles:764458

I knew when I leveled. Not before. Via the level up window that popped up. I don't want a roll back because its not fair to us. We leveled and get to use the new gear and have the new van -which in no way effects anyone else- other than we got there first and you didn't. It was not our fault so I don't want to lose the ability to use those items in game.

You're telling me you didn't check your xp once while grinding to 31? I don't believe that for a second. Even if you hadn't known, you would have noticed your xp bar going up as fast as a normal level. Not a moral fiber to be had here i suppose.

Do as you wish Cara, i have no plans on rage quitting either way, STS will just lose more of my respect if the right thing isn't done. Imma head out, if there's one thing i hate more than anything, it's a blatant liar.
    I'll follow you out. Let's talk about the SL stuff next week. I heard the new stuff is coming out soon.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Same thing in pl with xp elix exploit rolled all back who exploited it only prob is it shut down the game all day
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #44
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

The difficulty is, many of these players who reached the cap early due to our bug have continued to play. Yes, we could roll them back to 30 and 1.7 k xp toward 31, but what about the extra time that they have played since then? Wouldn't that be lost experience that we would be forcing on them?

We sincerely apologize for the bug that resulted in this issue. We do not plan to do any character rollbacks. Thank you very much to those who brought this issue to our attention.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    First of all... not sure why it upsets you that they capped due to a bug. It doesn't affect you in any way.

You knew going in it was going to be a grind. So why hate on people that ran into a glitch. Its not like its something they exploited.

There is no second of all.
    What is this? Common sense? Remarkable!

The point of this thread is straight up ridiculous. I mean wow. Just wow. You're complaining because someone got to 31 quicker than you. Big deal. It's a game! And not only that, but them getting to 31 quicker affects you in zero way, shape, or form.

All I see in this thread is jealousy at its finest.

Peace out,
    ~MM

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy:764468
    You're telling me you didn't check your xp once while grinding to 31? I don't believe that for a second. Even if you hadn't known, you would have noticed your xp bar going up as fast as a normal level. Not a moral fiber to be had here i suppose.

Do as you wish Cara, i have no plans on rage quitting either way, STS will just lose more of my respect if the right thing isn't done. Imma head out, if there's one thing i hate more than anything, it's a blatant liar.

I checked my exp before level 30. Once I hit 30 I didn't reaply check it (I know of two times I checked it: 1. Before hitting lvl30 & 2. When a guildie asked me how much I need until I lvl to 31 & thats just glancing at the meter). Yes the bar moved up, but I figured if it was filled we would still need 17.6k cuz thats what the meter said without selecting it. At the end of one of the runs -like I said if you were actually reading- I checked the meter via selecting the exp bar. Thats when it said the different amount of exp just before the "you have leveled" came up (toon was on a glyph).

If you think In a liar then koo. Idc. Cara has my report via PM. People I ran with knew the truth as well. Don't call me a liar just cuz you're mad you couldn't level.

Smh. Come on man don't take this all so personal. Geeze.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The difficulty is, many of these players who reached the cap early due to our bug have continued to play. Yes, we could roll them back to 30 and 1.7 k xp toward 31, but what about the extra time that they have played since then? Wouldn't that be lost experience that we would be forcing on them?

We sincerely apologize for the bug that resulted in this issue. We do not plan to do any character rollbacks. Thank you very much to those who brought this issue to our attention.
    so does that mean the rest of us have to cap at 17K? or will it stay the way it is?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    so does that mean the rest of us have to cap at 17K? or will it stay the way it is?
    The bug was fixed earlier this morning. Lvl 31 has an "elite" requirement, needing 10x more exp.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The bug was fixed earlier this morning. Lvl 31 has an "elite" requirement, needing 10x more exp.
    wow, thats messed up. -_- now i see why this thread is becoming the way it is.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    You're telling me you didn't check your xp once while grinding to 31?
    I didn't check my XP when grinding from 27-28. So, its not unrealistic to think someone wouldn't check their XP when grinding only 1.7k.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #51
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Again I apologize, and we have made our decision in regards to the ones that were there. Players were kind enough to tip us off to the issue, and the problem has been fixed. We will do our due diligence to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm only human after all

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carapace View Post
    i'm only human after all
    WHAt?!?! I'VE BEEN DECEIVED!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

thanks to those who cap, we now have a preview/teaser for the free pet.

thanks

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Curious, so those that got in on this will get level 32 weapons for pvp from the plat store items ahead of everyone else, get the level 31 drops ahead of everyone else and be able to be ahead of the game when others finally get there and are looking to shop for gear. Nice! Wish I had known of this great opportunity to cap at 10% of What everyone else needs to do, I would have. From my pov seems like a great advantage.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KillaSkillz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default Level31! Cara pls see!!!!!!!

I don't see why this affects you.

You should actually thank the devs for fixing this ASAP

Why don't you try making 3 mobile MMO games that have over 3 million active players (total) and gets rated top 10 apps of the year.. Yeah, good luck not getting any complaints
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    Curious, so those that got in on this will get level 32 weapons for pvp from the plat store items ahead of everyone else, get the level 31 drops ahead of everyone else and be able to be ahead of the game when others finally get there and are looking to shop for gear. Nice! Wish I had known of this great opportunity to cap at 10% of What everyone else needs to do, I would have. From my pov seems like a great advantage.
    1. What level 32 weapons?
    2. What level 31 drops?
    3. How are they getting ahead? They still need to put in the time to farm. They aren't getting this gear for free. The 20 or 30 people that may have gotten there aren't going to break the market for these items. And if you're concerned about making tons of cash, do you really think the money is in Gems?

You're talking about a difference of about 3 days for a moderately active player. How many gems have you looted in 3 days? Me? Maybe 1.

Name:  mountainmole.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  21.5 KB
    Last edited by Rare; 08-29-2012 at 04:10 PM.

23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #57
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I think everyone has had their say over this one. Closing this thread down now.
    | | | |