Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "wow a mage that cant rez"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default "wow a mage that cant rez"

so i was doing a run with my mage, and i died. there was only 4 people and i was the only mage. im one to walk back because ive grown accustomed to it. So this bird named Zalys dies almost 5 seconds after me...by this time i had released and was walking back.

"Res me."

i ignore it because im walking back.

then he has the gall to whisper me: "res me plz"

he finally releases and says, "Wow, a mage that cant res"

i replied, "i died and i was walking back"

my point is that i hate being asked for a res...as a mage I KNOW i have to res. i never ask for a res when i die.

any thoughts?
    i saw her once, and swore i was in love...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also HATE being asked for 'res'...hate being asked for heals too....think I just hate people tbh.
    Iela // Staffs and Spells // 45
    Columbaguinea // Blasters and Bows // 45
    Tankteddy // Swords and Shields // 32

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

People asking for heals pesses me off, especially when I am not the mage. And I don't mean they are asking me, I just hate when they are harassing our only mage. Pop a damn potion and get on with it. And as for asking for rez, I sometimes have to in lower levels, but I know for sure Holybean is going to get it out before even I know I am dead.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only time I love hearing "res" or "res me" is when there is no Mage. At that point I just laugh everytime that person does something..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well there one thing we agree on :P same thing happened to me before he saw I died 9 seconds later a level 19 trying to rush in chariots of the goons dies and says "Rez me" I spawn again and try to get to him he says "Rez me please" (I was at the second rectangle spot he was near the lesser djinn at the top) "u can't Rez can u" (I was in trouble couldn't talk) "omfg a mage that can't Rez WTF happened to this game" me: (finally)"if you don't stfu and wait then I'll leave you dead" level 19:"what's the point you can't Rez" I then revived two of the other 3 45s "u can Rez?! Then Rez me without me u can't do this" me:"you're on your own" 19:"y?" lol I didn't Rez him and there was a Zuraz shock lance drop (I didn't get it but :'()
    Richard Nixon: Who needs ammo when you've got looks like mine
    I'm an ex-PL player gonna make a comeback, so when i do, you better be ready for Silvercreed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What I hate is that when you have a group wipe, or two or three people die and you're one of them (and the only mage) and they expect you to walk back from the beginning and rez them when you get there.

I figure, "no, I'm walking back, you can too".

I don't mind people saying "rez pls" or whatever, because sometimes it helps in a big battle to notice that someone has dropped a little quicker. Normally I'm pretty good with it, but if I'm real busy sometimes it can take a dozen seconds or so to notice that someone's heal bar is black =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I agree that spamming to ask for rezzes is really rude. On the other hand, sometimes a mage won't notice a death in the heat of battle, or even more commonly, the mage knows someone died but can't tell where they are and if they're in rez range. (By the time I was lev 15 or so I had already learned to always, always watch people's health and status, and I'm definitely embarrassed if I ever fail to instantly rez someone in range - but we are all only human, and yes there were times I was so tired or distracted that I didn't notice a death right away and the reminder helped. I hate to admit it but there it is! )

I think a good compromise is to say something other than "Rez" when you die. It's a little thing but really helps take the pressure of the mage. I've seen people say "owww" "down" "i'm dead" "oh noes" and so on. It changes the meaning from "You failed to see me die and I want to be rezzed right now!" to "Just letting you know I need some help when possible." Huge difference!

Oh and for rushes most of all, it definitely helps me if people shout something out just to let me know where they are when they die. Anything will do - even "S>Plasma of Thoth" will work just fine if that's what you happen to have on your quick chat. I'll always notice deaths but location can take a few seconds to determine.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You don't know how annoying it is when you die, there's another mage, and he doesn't have res. I mean, it is REALLY annoying. :P

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

The rez please is a throwback to early games when the mages didn't realize they were only alive because the bear was taking the agro. They figured they could just finish off the boss instead of rezing the bear. Of course that would always end as expected with the whole party walking back.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    I think a good compromise is to say something other than "Rez" when you die. It's a little thing but really helps take the pressure of the mage. I've seen people say "owww" "down" "i'm dead" "oh noes" and so on. It changes the meaning from "You failed to see me die and I want to be rezzed right now!" to "Just letting you know I need some help when possible." Huge difference!
    Was playing the swamps a bit recently (before the nerf) with my int bear and when someone would die and the mage would ignore it, would always walk over to the body and say 'Got a man down!' or 'MEDIC!'.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    One I got (rushing with 4 bears) was, "Medic!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

My rule is that I wait for about 5-10 seconds and if the mage is there with I ask for a rez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember AO2 map 3 some dude died at the beginning (spawn point) and asked me to revive him... come on, you're less than 5 steps away. Just respawn...
    Daijue - Level 51 Archer | Minyeungjai - Level 52 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I saw someone say, "I think I'll take a nap here" once. It made me laugh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

"Medic!" is the new "Rez plz"

I think as mages, it is our duty to rez and heal people. I like the challenge of fighting but also watching people's health bars to try and make sure no one dies or rezzing people if they do.

However, I can't stand it either when the only mage dies and people are begging for rez not understanding that the mage has to walk all the way back. Just be patient.

On the other hand, I have played with groups where there were let's say 3 mages and 2 non-mages. I rez and rez and heal but when I die, every other mage walks by and I then have to become the person that asks for a rez after they walk half way down the map. I don't understand why some mages don't heal or rez. I think this is why so many people ask for rez because so many mages aren't doing it.

I guess this is just the burden of wearing the cloth.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw a lvl 30-something mage today that said he/she couldn't heal! Hmmm....
    AL: Aardzol (lvl 25 Sorcerer) | PL: Spiritualist (lvl 50 Mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Today I almost typed, wow, I can see up Bastet's skirt from here... Lol!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualist View Post
    I saw a lvl 30-something mage today that said he/she couldn't heal! Hmmm....
    I have been told this before and I have seen that the player who said that had no mana at all. I have been in a position where I was out of mana pots and couldn't heal anyone but wanted to finish the level without buying expensive pots via the menu. But this is a rare instance.

My guess is that this was not the case with the player you encountered.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Definately not... they haven't learnt the skill from what I understood. Bizarre.
    AL: Aardzol (lvl 25 Sorcerer) | PL: Spiritualist (lvl 50 Mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I would have to start a new mage over to see this, but isn't HEAL one of those skills you get as a mage somewhere around maybe level 7 that automatically puts in 1 point for you? I could be wrong.

EDIT: You get heal at Level 2. And I believe that it auto adds the skill point, so every mage can heal as long as they have the mana.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-Guide-O-Hurs
    Last edited by setec; 09-01-2010 at 03:10 PM.