Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: St. Patricks's Day "Return to Lucky Lemuel's Lair!"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

i've noticed in the past leaderboard events some players in the top 10 used to exploit it by getting the same points to get in the same spot for reward can you fix it so only top 10 can get the rewards and not more ?.
    Last edited by hqrdcqre; 03-14-2023 at 06:29 AM.
    when I'm home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I'm a carrot.
    -hqrdcqre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hqrdcqre View Post
    hi STS, i've noticed in the past leaderboard events some evil players in the top 10 used to exploit it by getting the same points to get in the same spot for reward can you fix it so only top 10 can get the rewards and not more ?.
    That's called a 'tie' its been in game for years, even on AL. And it shouldn't be removed just because of your own personal issue with other player/s.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Endpoints For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endpoints View Post
    That's called a 'tie' its been in game for years, even on AL. And it shouldn't be removed just because of your own personal issue with other player/s.
    a leaderboard is used to show the progress of individual players and compare their performance with others, most of games may use tie-breaking rules to determine the order of players with the same score. These rules may be based on various factors, such as the time taken to achieve the score or the number of attempts it took to achieve the score.

-When two or more players tie for the same position on a leaderboard, it can be frustrating for those players who feel that their efforts were not fully recognized or rewarded. In some cases, tying for a position may mean that a player misses out on rewards or recognition that would have come with a higher position.

-For competitive players, ties can be demotivating as it can feel like their efforts were not enough to set them apart from other players. When players are unable to distinguish themselves from others on a leaderboard, it can be demoralizing and may lead to a loss of interest in the game.

-In some cases, a tie may be perceived as unfair if the game doesn't have a clear tiebreaker system. Players who feel that they deserve a higher position on the leaderboard may become frustrated if they feel that they were not given a fair chance to break the tie.

ties can be demotivating, frustrating, and unfair for players who are competing for recognition or rewards. Leaderboards in games are an essential feature that provides a competitive element to the game. If players coordinate with each other, where is the competition?
    I understand that it might seem like I have a personal issue with other players, but I assure you that my behavior in the game is not based on personal feelings. I'm simply trying to play the game to the best of my ability and achieve my goals.
    when I'm home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I'm a carrot.
    -hqrdcqre

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hqrdcqre View Post
    i've noticed in the past leaderboard events some players in the top 10 used to exploit it by getting the same points to get in the same spot for reward can you fix it so only top 10 can get the rewards and not more ?.
    solution: get 9 friends and win all LB slots without a tie. it's not an exploit, it's a smart strategy that also has inherent risk because someone can always go one over and screw someone out of a slot